Netanyahu says don’t get ‘hung up’ on peace with Palestinians first

webfact

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Israel has deprived an entire generation o Palestinians the right to life, liberty and happiness. They don't get to claim distrust of Palestinian rights.

Netanyahu should face trial in The Hague along with many of his cronies. They engage in war crimes with impunity due to an outsized influence in American politics.

No, they haven't.  You can blame Hamas for that.  Turning their territory into terrorist training centres, brainwashing children into anti-semitic automatons, squandering any aid they get...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Israel has tried a number of times to make peace with the Palestinians. On each occasion the Palestinians rejected peace. So really the Palestinians have deprived themselves of Life, Liberty, and Happiness. 

The Israelis have never agreed to a two state solution involving all original Palestinian lands since either 1948 or 1967. Their "peace" proposals have never been fair, just or equitable.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Israel has deprived an entire generation o Palestinians the right to life, liberty and happiness. They don't get to claim distrust of Palestinian rights.

Netanyahu should face trial in The Hague along with many of his cronies. They engage in war crimes with impunity due to an outsized influence in American politics.

It was the Palestinian leadership of 1948 who rejected a Palestinian state when offered to them by the U.N who are responsible for Palestinians being stateless .

Israel agreed to there being a Palestinians state , Palestinians rejected the offer 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So pretty much you're in the same boat as everyone else. No realistic solution at all.

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was the Palestinian leadership of 1948 who rejected a Palestinian state when offered to them by the U.N who are responsible for Palestinians being stateless .

Israel agreed to there being a Palestinians state , Palestinians rejected the offer 

Educate yourself.

A first attempt at partitioning the land in 1948 resulted in an Israeli state but no Palestinian state, and the West Bank and Gaza Strip fell under Jordanian and Egyptian rule, respectively.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/two-state-solution

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Educate yourself.

A first attempt at partitioning the land in 1948 resulted in an Israeli state but no Palestinian state, and the West Bank and Gaza Strip fell under Jordanian and Egyptian rule, respectively.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/two-state-solution

That was because the Arabs rejected the offer of a Israeli state and a Palestinian state .

The was no Palestinian state because the Palestinians rejected the offer 

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The options for Israel should be to accept a two state solution based on 1967 borders or a single state solution with full voting rights for all Palestinians and Israeli Arabs, including the right of return for those expelled to Lebanon.

And that would mean the end of Israel as a Country .

That's hardly a viable option for Israel 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't have one and neither do you.

I just provided two, the only rational possibilities that I can see. Get some objectivity instead of your biases. You rail against others being biased and now you prove yourself no more objective than they are.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That was because the Arabs rejected the offer of a Israeli state and a Palestinian state .

The was no Palestinian state because the Palestinians rejected the offer 

Prove your claim. I provide links, you argue in bad faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I just provided two, the only rational possibilities that I can see. Get some objectivity instead of your biases. You rail against others being biased and now you prove yourself no more objective than they are.

Key word: REALISTIC.

Alas, you've got nothing.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Genocide? 

No.

I don't see much change from the status quo but even more so from the more right wing Israeli government at this point and of course the status quo is not good. 

The Arabs in the region can't possibly defeat Israel militarily, Israel does have more and more acceptance in the greater Arab world, and it is not true that the USA is Israel's only foreign ally. They're not that stupid to rely on only one ally. 

Netanyahu compares to Hitler in the sense that both exhibited extreme racism and crimes against humanity. I did not claim he is as bad as Hitler. It's a shame that the people who suffered the worst injustices of the last world war. are now among the worst perpetrators of racial injustice and crimes against humanity. The Chinese are also right up there with Tibetans and Uyghurs as are the Turks and Iranians against Kurds, another population without their own nation state.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Arabs in the region certainly have very legitimate grievances.

But they are in a neighborhood where tiny Israel has one of the most powerful militaries in the world.

Which is why I talk about REALISTIC.

For things to improve, there needs to be buy in from Israel. Israel is now controlled by more right wing forces than ever. 

So the Arab side to have any chance at all for things to improve in this environement will need to eat some very strong humble pie.

Formally recognize Israel's right to exist. 

Raise political leaders that support cooperation with Israel, to increase peace and prosperity for all. 

We all know they won't do that. They are very proud and that's understandable, but not being willing to radically change their attitude towards Israel and PROVING that to Israelis means quite simply there is no REALISTIC solution in sight for the immediate, medium term, or even long term future. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But they are in a neighborhood where tiny Israel has one of the most powerful militaries in the world.

For things to improve, there needs to be buy in from Israel. Israel is now controlled by more right wing forces than ever. 

So the Arab side to have any chance at all for things to improve in this environement will need to eat some very strong humble pie.

Raise political leaders that support cooperation with Israel, to increase peace and prosperity for all. 

We all know they won't do that. They are very proud and that's understandable, but not being willing to radically change their attitude towards Israel and PROVING that to Israelis means quite simply there is no REALISTIC solution in sight for the immediate, medium term, or even long term future. 

Realistic isn't just. Don't shout, it's against the rules.

The Palestinians deserve their own nation. That was stolen from them in 1948. I'm not suggesting that Israel doesn't deserve to exist but it doesn't deserve to steal Palestinian land against i8nternational law.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The whole region will have to have to accept Israel's right to exist and have normal relations , that includes Iran , Syria  , Libya and all other Countries who oppose Israel's right to exist.

Israel could only give concessions to the Palestinians once there are no longer any more threats to its very existence .

Hard-line Muslims Countries will have to recognise  Judaism and accept that Israel isnt an Islamic Country  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Realistic isn't just. Don't shout, it's against the rules.

???? Calling people racists , scum , war criminals , dishonest , comparing people to Hitler and Putin , likening Israel to Nazi Germany , ....................................and then complaining because someone posts a few letters in Capital letters

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, placnx said:

More like Biden licking N's boots!

I think you have trump and Biden mixed up that beeing said IMO repression leads to more conflict and helps the Muslim nutters recruit more nutters not to mention the hopelessness and despair ???? of the Palestinians I wish I had the magic answer sad ????