British family's heartbreaking ordeal after loved one died in Thailand bike accident - and the journey to bring him home

webfact

44 minutes ago, markclover said:

Only one number saved.  Haha.  This guy was up to something 

You may be on to something.

The article reads 'He goes over there in the winter for three months usually because he can’t stand the cold, that’s what he used to say'.

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, jesimps said:
2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Not all members, perhaps, I might add. I think it is unreasonable to mention the 'no ID' fact.

How many people do you know who go out without money on them, sometimes contained in a wallet.

The article fails to mention if he had money on his person and if you're riding an expensive machine as he was, wouldn't most people have reserve money on them?

It is reasonable to speculate whether the guy had had money on him when the accident occured.

This is a forum. Why get so 'offended' by what others write?

But help yourself if you are offended by my comments, OK

Don't forget your wallet when you go out .............!

There's always one goody two shoes/teachers pet type on every forum. I think they actually get off on being holier than thou.

There's always the mindless trolls too.

What floats your boat BTW?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Human nature. No different to passersby gathering to gawp at a road accident. No need to call down hell fire on people for acting naturally.

Of course it’s different, don’t be stupid. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What's compassion? The whole world is full of tears of those that lost relatives and friends- shall we cry for them all?

Do you feel sad for those you never knew?

Death is inevitable for us all, but the living grieve for the person they knew that will never be seen again.

Perhaps working in an occupation where people died all the time made me hardened to death, so I don't see it like those that never see death.

You don’t need to cry. You don’t need to comment at all. 

• Like 1

R.I.P and condolences to family and friends.

Couldn't find any details about the accident, did he have a crash helmet on ?

I see so many not care about this, even seen a few falangs here in nongkhai riding with out one.  just stupid in my book. 

Riding and driving in Thailand, sure can be difficult

You need to be on ultra high alert at all times.

even then it's no guarantee of safety.

Take care on the roads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He doesn't need care and never did. My Father-in-law (78) skin and bones, eats his breakfast then my wife and I carry him to a mat on the lawn where he falls asleep, he awakens midday to drink his quota of lau kao and eat dinner then is carried back to his mat until the evening when he is woken up to eat again before being carried to bed. My wife and MIL have to bathe him every day. He is now deaf and speaks little. We have all been expecting his death for the last 5 years but he wont go, it will be a relief for all, especially for him.

I just read your post and don't understand for a second how this would not be a major relief for your wife and MIL. I certainly feel sorry for them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's a forum, and I'll comment if I want to.

Don't like it, don't click on threads that will obviously contain such comments.

You are being silly again…. How would I know what would be posted before reading? 
Of course you can comment and people can comment on your comment, that’s how it works. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ukrules said:
4 hours ago, Cricky said:

Riding his motorbike without any identification on him.

You don't know that at all,

He sort of does, the other person involved in the accident was quoted as stating that he was found with no ID on him.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can only speak for myself but no desire to be remembered in this rotten world. Ashes to be scattered without any memorial suits me.

You really seem to have gone downhill since leaving Thailand. Just an opinion. 

• Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, damo1967 said:

I just knew this article was going to end with mention of a 'GoFundMe'.. pfft..  Why the need for this GoFundMe?  Let his 'insurance' cover all the repatriation & funeral costs etc.  Why should innocent people continually get asked to donate to these such causes?

Grandpa surely:-

1. would have taken out adequate insurance before going to Thailand to cover his unfortunate death,

2. would have had a legal proper motorbike licence to be able to ride in Thailand, and

3. would not have gotten on his bike if he had been drinking.

If 'yes' to all the above 3, then there is no need for a GoFundMe.  (GoFundMe's were not designed for people to donate for 'idiots' who did not take out proper insurance etc, and to do stupid things in Thailand)

If 'no' to even one of the above 3, then Grandpa made his bed, so let him lay in it now.

I will be donating 'zero', 'zilch', 'not a damn penny' for Grandpa as there should not be a need to. 

Solution:- cancel the GoFundMe and burn him at one of the local temples.

Thus speaketh the friendless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

I'll make a point. Since he conceived " little Tony" at age seventeen, that means he also started leaving " little Tony" for three full months since " little Tony" was nine years old.  If he has any other children he has been leaving them for three months at a younger age. 

Many people, including myself, work away from home, in different countries, for anything between a few weeks to "three full months" at a time.

Do I need to apologize to my two sons for being a bad father?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Not the best way to end a life, and tragically the family are left to suffer.

When will they ever learn? RIP

We would very much prefer a life to end during a bonk.

Edited by BigStar

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Many people, including myself, work away from home, in different countries, for anything between a few weeks to "three full months" at a time.

Do I need to apologize to my two sons for being a bad father?

No. 
Did you go to Thailand for three months to have fun sometimes alone without them?

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Let me be callously logical here, how are they suffering? What difference would it have made if they had known from day one when he had died? People die all the time, 61 was a bit early but he was having a good time, millions die due to really tragic circumstances, starvation as a child, torture, war, hypothermia, poverty in general. Why must Granddad be brought back home? He's dead, he doesn't care where he is; just to put his urn containing his ashes on the shelf and then life goes on. Storm in a tea cup.

Then again, they may be Catholic.

2 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

I would imagine this is the UK embassy fault not the Thais.

Isnt normal protocol to find.out the nationality then contact the relevant country embassy and they deal with it?

"Isnt normal protocol to find.out the nationality..."

How do they do that if he is unidentifiable?

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

He's dead, he doesn't care where he is; just to put his urn containing his ashes on the shelf and then life goes on.

Could he but express his own wishes, he'd surely want his ashes scattered in Pattaya Bay.

Edited by BigStar

The Thai cops are such great detectives. Does anyone think that they now learned the " complete stranger's technique" when you find a dead person with no ID but a phone that you can put the SIM card of that person in another phone and gain some contacts?