British family's heartbreaking ordeal after loved one died in Thailand bike accident - and the journey to bring him home

webfact

52 minutes ago, crazykopite said:
1 hour ago, Cricky said:

Read the attached.

So you are saying someone stole his wallet while he was riding his motorcycle, before the accident? Grow up.

This is the problem with this forum, uneducated comments from members. 

Keep your nose out of business you know nothing about, being too lazy to read the article then making antagonizing comments is childish and I'm fed up with your type, leave me alone. 

All of you antagonizers, leave me alone, I don't make stupid comments to your weird, fairy-tale comments or mythical investigation thoughts, I have a laugh and move on. 

IMG_20230202_101828.jpg

Expand  

I’m confused this friend was involved in the accident and was the deceased friend so why was he not asked the name of the driver and his details

That's a question for our AN investigation team. ????

49 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Do you know there is a way to reply to multiple posts at one time? You love to reply to ten posts separately and it makes you unpopular.

"Do you know there is a way to reply to multiple posts at one time?"

Yes, I do.  Do you know the rules for nesting multiple quotes? 

Do you also know that how I respond is sod-all to do with you? 

Who said that I am "unpopular", have you conducted a survey?  Even if I am, do you think that I care, this is not a dating site, is it?

Agree, I don't think you are unpopular, I enjoy reading your comments.

Always, prompt and to the point. ????

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Not all members, perhaps, I might add. I think it is unreasonable to mention the 'no ID' fact.

How many people do you know who go out without money on them, sometimes contained in a wallet.

The article fails to mention if he had money on his person and if you're riding an expensive machine as he was, wouldn't most people have reserve money on them?

It is reasonable to speculate whether the guy had had money on him when the accident occured.

This is a forum. Why get so 'offended' by what others write?

But help yourself if you are offended by my comments, OK

Don't forget your wallet when you go out .............!

isn't it compulsory to carry a driver's license..if the bike was rented there should be papers or even a sticker on the bike to what company rented it  ..not rocket science eh ..RIP mate 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Do you know there is a way to reply to multiple posts at one time?"

Yes, I do.  Do you know the rules for nesting multiple quotes? 

Do you also know that how I respond is sod-all to do with you? 

Who said that I am "unpopular", have you conducted a survey?  Even if I am, do you think that I care, this is not a dating site, is it?

Oi.  I guess I'm definitively not using any British humor. You're killing me. ????

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's "British" humour got to do with this but, more to the point, which part of your comment was humourous?

The one you " ha ha'd" at. With the cute blush faced emoji with a tear. Since this will be cleared out shortly forum rules are vernacular English only!  No sod-all(??) allowed.  Ok here is a happy/ funny ???? emoji. 

4 hours ago, Cricky said:

Read the attached.

So you are saying someone stole his wallet while he was riding his motorcycle, before the accident? Grow up.

This is the problem with this forum, uneducated comments from members. 

Keep your nose out of business you know nothing about, being too lazy to read the article then making antagonizing comments is childish and I'm fed up with your type, leave me alone. 

All of you antagonizers, leave me alone, I don't make offensive, stupid comments to your weird, fairy-tale comments or mythical investigation thoughts, I have a laugh and move on. 

IMG_20230202_101828.jpg

It's not worth replying to that.  

Chill out and keep taking the tablets.  Have a nice day.

10 hours ago, riverhigh said:

Not envious in the least. Many UK expats I have known in the past have retired  too early and had to return to the UK broke and destitute. As for myself I have never really retired because of my technical skills. Can always find employment well into my seventies. Great feeling that I will never have to depend on the state for a cheque. 

Really? We must have very different circles of friends. Having lived/worked in Thailand on and off since 2002 having met many expats as friends from different parts of the world the majority have left Thailand  mostly because the Rose Coloured glasses clear and Thailand starts to grate on them so they leave (me included). I've known only two guys who came to thailand one arrived as a uk millionaire and lost it all (yep bought a bar) he got a job back in the uk and is happy enough another guy lost everything through a woman and stupidity because he purchased quality apartments and built a house (all in the new wives name). The second the house was completed she got the police and kicked him out. I would say anyone who is clever enough to retire early (myself included) is well capable of turning a buck when needed. Very smug and very derogatory to others. 

14 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Very sad. RIP.. Sadly, This is why I never rode a motorcycle while living in Thailand. I don't trust myself and I definitely don't trust the drivers. 

Indeed, I advise all pensioners never to ride a m/c. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Not all members, perhaps, I might add. I think it is unreasonable to mention the 'no ID' fact.

How many people do you know who go out without money on them, sometimes contained in a wallet.

The article fails to mention if he had money on his person and if you're riding an expensive machine as he was, wouldn't most people have reserve money on them?

It is reasonable to speculate whether the guy had had money on him when the accident occured.

This is a forum. Why get so 'offended' by what others write?

But help yourself if you are offended by my comments, OK

Don't forget your wallet when you go out .............!

He just wears a name tag with a return to sender address

Very Sad !!! ... and I was Also Once was a Motor cycle rider !!! ... Only I was Lucky ,,, I only got to watch out for Diabetes, and Alcohol now !!! Right ??? ..

But .. yearr I get tired of hearing these Bad Luck stories that well, are actually a pretty normal part of Life I think !!! .... Is ASIA NOW can not get enough news to cause any sort of stir !!! ??? Other then the Grieving of Dead peoples Relations ???   ...

Take them to a local Watt, and they must have some one to do that ... Cremate them !!! ... and well if the family are still going off ... Send them an Urn with the best bits left, in it. ... I think that the Thai's do have a way of doing that.

I my self think that I will just get them sent an Email, and if no one claims the ashes, then they can be put in my Wife's Chedi ? ... or well just tipped in the river ... as they all do after 10 ? ... well maybe more Years ??? .... but that is where we all end up ....

The Cheltnem Crematory on Port Rd. in Adelaide ???? Or Loberthal ??? Up in the Hills there, ... No just here in the river would be OK I think ... as well I see no further Out performance from Australia any way ..

And well this is where all Thai refugees should end up any way !!! ... Like God Bless the Thais for having us !!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BritScot said:

Really? We must have very different circles of friends. Having lived/worked in Thailand on and off since 2002 having met many expats as friends from different parts of the world the majority have left Thailand  mostly because the Rose Coloured glasses clear and Thailand starts to grate on them so they leave (me included). I've known only two guys who came to thailand one arrived as a uk millionaire and lost it all (yep bought a bar) he got a job back in the uk and is happy enough another guy lost everything through a woman and stupidity because he purchased quality apartments and built a house (all in the new wives name). The second the house was completed she got the police and kicked him out. I would say anyone who is clever enough to retire early (myself included) is well capable of turning a buck when needed. Very smug and very derogatory to others. 

You were doing okay until the last 2 sentences when you associated yourself with the clever and capable people who retired early. Much smarter than the avearage Joe, right? Congratulatios you have just joined me in the "smug" club. (smile).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Is ASIA NOW can not get enough news to cause any sort of stir !!! ??? Other then the Grieving of Dead peoples Relations ???   ...

You don't get the business model. Our ace Driving Instructors, Accident Investigators, Scolds, Schadenfreude Savorers, GoFundMe Nazis, and ordinary Ghouls live for these topics. So here this thread's got 6.3k views already and 6 pages of responses. Great return for just summarizing a local UK news item.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1