British family's heartbreaking ordeal after loved one died in Thailand bike accident - and the journey to bring him home

webfact

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

You don't get the business model. Our ace Driving Instructors, Accident Investigators, Scolds, Schadenfreude Savorers, GoFundMe Nazis, and ordinary Ghouls live for these topics. So here this thread's got 6.3k views already and 6 pages of responses. Great return for just summarizing a local UK news item.

Yes, ... Right ! .... and Right On !!! ... ... But do you think ? that we all should hear about, All of them ??? .... ( ? ... Well, Possibly Yes ? And I would agree with you) ... Like all the other go fund me tragedies, ... And also as Warnings ???   Bad news is Good News I guess, as you say.  ... Like who had their helmet on ? and who did not.

Like my Grand Daughter and her friends did not have their seat belts on, and even in the back seat, as the Idiot driver flicked the steering back and forward, and hit the worst Bumps in the district, on a curved over pass, … at speed … and then hit the wall !!! …. Her Friend was Hurled across the Seat, so hard, … that is broke her leg so badly as she hit her !!! That it is still has not healed up !!! - So well, now, she is the Families Main supporter of Wearing Seatbelts now !!! at least !!! Right ??? - The operation is probably after her school term ends. ... Lets Hope. She now is at least covered by the new Thai third party insurance at least I think !!! ??? ... Well so far and for the operation also lets hope, the same doctor is doing it. ... lets Hope !!!)

Like this one here in this article, ... is probably Really for his Children any way, ! ... and Not him. ... Like, I do not have any in my Home country, ... so well, Yes I probably missed the Point a bit Really. ... 

... But just out of Interest (As well as I probably will be there soon myself ??? ... ) ... But do / Did they repatriate his whole Body ??? ... ... Like that WOULD be VERY Expensive !!! as well as a hassle ??? ... Even if it was an Insurance Job, so paid for any way ??? ....

... Or do they more sensibly, just a small Urn, with the most important part of the Ashes in it, from the Cremation and ceremony here ??? ... a far More practical Option I think ??? ...

… And the local Thai Funeral Directors know which bits to get out of the burnt remains, as they put them in an Urn, and in their own Houses, by their little Buddhist shrine, for a while I think ??? 2 or 3 years ??? And they also have a big, 100 days dead ceremony also ... something to do with the Departed Spirits Movement ? ... ... Before Rebirth I guess ???

And I think I remember it is 30 Years now, ... and then everything else that was remaining and kept, in the Stupa, in the Watt Grounds, will all be just tipped in to the river, with a small ceremony I think ...

Like my Wife went to find her Mothers Remains ? ... But they were gone already !!! But she could not remember Tipping them out herself !!! ??? .... So one of the other Children must have done it ? ... or she just forgot that she had. ???

Yes I used to know the Local Burning Guy !!! and the one that did that and all of the other Bits and Pieces re disposal of the Corps, "Wan" ... I used to share a shot of Lao Cow with him by the Crematorium, and also help with people that I had known, ... ... Q : So where do we go after we Die Wan" I asked once over a couple of shots ??? … and he replied with an Evil Jack Nickelson Smile .... A : … "Up the Chimney" … as he pointed to the tall smoke stack behind the fire box !!! … Which Was appropriately Burning, and smoking.

... Getting everything to burn was apparently the problem in the old days when they used Wood .... And kerosene, … But well now they have a High tech Diesel fired ones I think !!! Push Button, ... Like push button, the door closes, …. Check the Diesel tank ??? ... And Then push the Red Button to go !!! …. and then the Green light comes on, … .... to show you that you are on your way !!! ???

I do not know if you have ever tried to wash Human Body Juice off of your hands, (as the relations thanked me luckily) !!! ... But well it IS very hard to get off I can tell you !!! ... Like some ones spirit I guess, ? right ... Which you might never get off ??? right ??? ... )

... Wan died of almost Certain Alcohol related causes, a few Years ago now. ... 

Yes Life, ... and Death, in Thailand, ... and by the river !!!

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

You don't get the business model. Our ace Driving Instructors, Accident Investigators, Scolds, Schadenfreude Savorers, GoFundMe Nazis, and ordinary Ghouls live for these topics. So here this thread's got 6.3k views already and 6 pages of responses. Great return for just summarizing a local UK news item.

Yes Nice Job BigStar, ... I do not want to get, "Off Topic" of course, but I do get the Accident Investigators bit, Like I just LOVE my Driving, at 67 You start to run out of other useful things to be able to do I think ??? …  Well with the (Beer Consuming) Potato sack Life style any way .... But you CAN Drive !!!  … (Just never drink until after 6 pm !!!) ... But WELL, !!! It is dangerous here, !!! … and you do not want to become the subject of a ASIA NOW Blog / Go fund me startup Do You !!! ...

Like if you were dreaming, and suddenly had to change over 4 lanes, AND slow down, to miss the trucks, ... to get on to your off ramp !!! ??? Right ... Old Fellow !!! ... !!!

… But what are Scolds, ??? And Schadenfreude Savorers ??? …. Like I must remember them for my Old Friend in Heidelberg, OWDG “Once Was Disneyland Germany”, ... But not anymore. ... And Nazis ???

Well even I have been called that !!! Though I do just hate them !!! … Like all of my German Friends do also !!! ... Still that is another story, like I did not even see any of them in the Old East !!! ... Just the usual repressed, but OK Street Boys !!! ... Yes I should look in Poland and East Europe right ??? ... Woops, off topic,  !!! Sorry !!! ...Voom !!! ...

(I have not been writing for a while, sorry, CV 19 Just about Killed me !!! ... But well, ... Hey !!! … I am back !!! ... "ich bin zurück" !!! ….  And well this discussion about ASIA NOW posting a lot of Death and Go Fund me disasters, …  is a Good one !!! Like I have commented this, … But well I CAN also handle the Lessons, …  and Information about what happens !!! - If Things REALLY Go hay Wire !!! and get off track.

... So Thanks All. ...

... And yes, Reading about his Motor cycle Diving, !!! ... Well we DO do it over here you Know !!! ... Drive or ride ??? Like it would be pretty Stultifying with out being able to do it !!! ... Though well Bangkok and Big cities !!! ....  I could not trust my self to ride a bike there I think ? !!!

But out here on the Pretty OK, Asia Highway near where I live, ... Well it IS Pretty well OK here, to even Good !!! Like far more enjoyable that driving in Australia I can tell you !!! 

... And well this Puts me back on Topic also I think ??? ... Just ? "Scolds, Schadenfreude" ? Right ???

Thanks.

Edited by Mark mark
Added Road Use necessity

On 2/2/2023 at 5:13 AM, JWRC said:

The stranger who was visiting a friend found out about the John Doe, and decided to help, well, how did he know who he was?

Took the Sim card out of his Phone and Phoned the only number saved on it, see the other Article that this one was from.

A Lot of People could easily ride out with out ID or their wallets, ... The young Thais all have this Point and Pay with their iPhone now you know, so well no need for cash ? ... Like Thailand is one of the Biggest Place that this is done in apparently, Like very Innovative Young people here you Know ... With Technology any way ???

... I often see my Granddaughter with her Phone, and no money, and think ! ??? ... Well one day you will not need a wallet Right ??? .... Like you would be able to do every thing on your Phone !!! ...

Possibly even have your drivers License ? and ID card Info on them also ??? ... Like a CV 19 Thai entry QR code ??? That has every thing required about you on it, so it could cover every thing eventually right ??? 

... So no more need for a wallet ? This guy was probably at the Lead, cutting edge of this ? ??? .... or well he was robed is probably more likely I think. ... ( Or was out of it I guess ??? ) ... Like No Id or Wallet does indicate spur of the moment Joy riding also I think ??? = Accident also. ...

On 2/2/2023 at 11:44 AM, MadMuhammad said:

I leave home with just my phone and bike key often. DLT app for my drivers license,  Apple wallet with 4 credit cards and 3 bank apps for prompt pay, QR paymentor cardless cash withdrawals. 
I find carrying physical cards or cash can be problematic at times. Wallets are becoming obsolete for me 

I always carry a wallet with ID's, the apps are good, but one has to have access to my mobile, now if I was in an accident, no one could access my mobile without my fingerprint, so the wallet is a backup so to speak.

The above said, I also don't like carrying a wallet, but at the end of the day, it could be a life saver, e.g. Dr's letter inside wallet, which states meds I am an, any allergies, and Tiruk's mobile number to call to collect the life insurance....????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I always carry a wallet with ID's, the apps are good, but one has to have access to my mobile, now if I was in an accident, no one could access my mobile without my fingerprint, so the wallet is a backup so to speak.

The above said, I also don't like carrying a wallet, but at the end of the day, it could be a life saver, e.g. Dr's letter inside wallet, which states meds I am an, any allergies, and Tiruk's mobile number to call to collect the life insurance....????

That's the bad thing about fingerprint or iris ID.  That is available on your body, dead or alive. 

I didn't know phone numbers were stored on your sim card?   And why would there just be one anyway?

Edited by Elkski

13 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

many 1000s have been down this road of trauma

Yes 3NUMBAS, .yes, I can see this, and see it (feel it) in my own writing also. Though we do not want to give too much away do we. ... it's Life ??? ... ??? After all.??? ... well it probably it is here. ... but you only have to start watching it when you start to be able to see the end of it right !!! ??? ... ??  ... as when you are Younger you can just put your Rose colour glasses on and go out and get on your bike ! ? Right. ...

I did not say it as I am still learning but I have not seen the "Alcohol" potential Problem mentipned here ??? ... Like No Wallet = joy riding = potentially Drunk (and I do know this my self !) ... = Accident. !!! And Ditto about knowing this my self ...Only I have just been lucky enough (always plan your exits when riding a bike !!  Like for every second !!! ... Have an exit plan in mind !!! Of what you are going to do re breaking !!! .... and where you are going to go, if things go wrong !!!) Yes I was Lucky enough to Survive them. ...

So well thanks for the welcome back to the Forum after the CV 19 just Total (Deleted) JaiNormus Disaster !!!

... and time to quieten down again now ... and just get back to just dodging the trucks again ..... And thanks. 3 NUMBAD for that. Nice one.

(touch screen typing here so sorry for any errors. ) ..

Edited by Mark mark
Spelling

On 2/2/2023 at 5:01 PM, riverhigh said:

You were doing okay until the last 2 sentences when you associated yourself with the clever and capable people who retired early. Much smarter than the avearage Joe, right? Congratulatios you have just joined me in the "smug" club. (smile).

Thank you! I did feel quite smug and pleased with myself at being able to retire early but by no means retire rich. We were very happy in our 120m2 bungalow I designed and had built at a very good price (I site managed and purchased all materials  so new everything was top notch). 8 years very happy and Smug. Then coup. We lasted until 2019 then we left (this being the best decision I've made). Left with a few suitcases and we started again in the uk. Which turned out best for my children, wife and me. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Though I do not see that I ever will have much need to use them. … Not being an, Euro “Schadenfreude” !!! Right ??? …. or a scolds “schimpfen” style armature Writer !!! …. Right. ???

Wrong !!! You can use the definitions to understand the motivations behind a number of posts.

I should also mention our ANF Police Oversight Committee that shrewdly points out all the police mishandling of every accident investigation. We also have the ANF Bureau of Thai Road Standards to teach us about the probable poor condition of the road the victim traveled. And then we always have our Accident Statistics Criers to announce the accident rate in Thailand and compare with--the UK, of course.  

• Like 1

More completely off topic rambles from the same person have been removed, I suggest you stop this immediately.

This is what the topic is about:

British family's heartbreaking ordeal after loved one died in Thailand bike accident - and the journey to bring him home

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BigStar said:

Wrong !!! You can use the definitions to understand the motivations behind a number of posts.

I should also mention our ANF Police Oversight Committee that shrewdly points out all the police mishandling of every accident investigation. We also have the ANF Bureau of Thai Road Standards to teach us about the probable poor condition of the road the victim traveled. And then we always have our Accident Statistics Criers to announce the accident rate in Thailand and compare with--the UK, of course.  

Yes I never did Understand This Reply did I ? Thought that these entities were Real !!! as I did not click on what ANF was ??? .... Sorry. ... Got it now and well YES !!! Good, and Nice Stuff ... (Re Road safety) ... BigStar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 9:36 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

"...almost everyone has an id, ATM, credit card, drivers license, insurance card"

But not everyone. 

"What about where he was staying. Hotel, guest house ect".

How could that be checked when they had no idea who he was?   They, obviously, also had no idea where he was staying.

So you stay at a hotel, guest house and no body knows you are missing after your key hasnt been used for 2 or 3 days???????