This is truly awful -Pollution.

Celsius

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

You must congratulate Thai pollution control department for doing an excellent job in controlling the pollution. I mean, we haven't seen better air quality since they were formed!

image.thumb.png.fae1eb29b50477203cbe1a4445cab5e6.png

Or maybe this is competition... Thailand is currently 6th most toxic destination in the World. But with few tourists going to the 5 above it, we can comfortably say Thailand is World's most toxic tourism destination as of February 2, 2023:

image.thumb.png.90134b351b7fc2da2c78b451266ebfb6.png

I would like to hear TAT's spin on this.

84BB1347-A5ED-4C22-A827-66E97DB271D7.thumb.png.875f25524759c3c950e893c8550807d1.png

8 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

He made no assumptions

He told me I was a guy who spent all my money on property in the country... and had no options - that was his assumption and it is not correct... it was in response to one of his later posts, not in the OP..

And I agree that the pollution is not good... I just don't feel a need to run around alerting everyone who already knows this... it is not some great secret or new revelation..

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

He told me I was a guy who spent all my money on property in the country... and had no options - that was his assumption and it is not correct... it was in response to one of his later posts, not in the OP..

And I agree that the pollution is not good... I just don't feel a need to run around alerting everyone who already knows this... it is not some great secret or new revelation..

your first post.... go and touch grass 

The bad air quality was said to be from burning in Cambodia 

The only advice I can give is.  If you can. Download a free air quality app on your phone. If you see the air is bad.  Stay indoors as much as possible.  Wear a good quality mask outdoors.  Get air purifiers for your residence. 
I don’t blame you for being concerned about it effecting your health.  You might think to do some research to relocate.  Moving to an affordable country to live with better air quality and standards.  
Read the posts on here from Tom H.  He gives good information on this topic 

Edited by swm59nj
  • Love It 1

OMG life is dangerous ????

Someone who moves to Thailand and complains about pollution is just as smart as someone who lives in NYC and complains about traffic. 

Or getting upset about Pakis in UK. 

Or complain about cost of living in Switzerland. 

But the latter have clean air. 

Screenshot_20230202_140652_com.xiaomi.smarthome.jpg

• Haha 1

There's lots of places here with minimal pollution levels (compared to the global pollution index). BKK is often bad, and Chiang Mai in burn season is pretty <deleted> of course.

We live on an island and the air is wonderful. Mind you we live in an area sparse in local Thai village life, close to the beach so less pollution.

The problem of plastic rubbish burning needs to stop asap thats a really dangerous pollution problem here. The <deleted> regulations, and enforcement around vehicle emissions don't help much either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koolkarl said:

During covid, Thailand imposed harsh restrictions left, right and center.  Yet

with this annual problem of burning and car (diesel) pollution, these politicians do

absolutely nothing.  The horrific air quality everywhere is a far worse problem than covid.

I see what you did there.

10 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

We live on an island and the air is wonderful. Mind you we live in an area sparse in local Thai village life, close to the beach so less pollution.

AQI of 70+ is far from wonderful.  Worse is the PM2.5

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Thailand is polluted, generally dirty/gritty with dangerous roads and feral dogs, that's why your Pad Thai is 1 USD and rent is 200 USD. Try to keep that in mind while you're choking on your morning run.

Singapore is a lot richer and they are choking just the same.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1