Snakes in garden

p414

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Me too :biggrin: I simply can't recognize them as harmless or not.

Asking a (Thai) neighbor for help/advise is probably step 1.

My Thai neighbors all seem to think every snake they see is the most dangerous one in the world.

• Like 1

There is a reason to get rid of them... in my case the Mrs is absolute petrified and can't even look at them. I find that type quite easy to catch and relocate them away from the house. Bigger snakes are very rare, my neighbour has had a few cobras and he calls the Sawang Boriboon to come get rid... He once called me and my trusty grabber stick and I accused him of being nuts expecting me to irritate one of those!

• Love It 1

18 hours ago, n00dle said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Hey, steady on, I've been awarded badges!  But, anyway, I'm 100% correct, yes? 

A snake is either venomous or it isn't, golden tree snakes are and stating that fact is not pedanticism.  

ignoring intent to overstate fact most certainly is. 

How could you ever know what "my intent" could be, are you inside my head?   To correct you, once again, as you have a tendency to post falsehoods, golden tree snakes are one of the venomous types of snake.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Where do you live?

What area?

Up a dirt road on the edge of a golf course surrounded by jungle and a fews bananna trees  ????️‍♂️

On 2/3/2023 at 12:30 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Some animals are "beautiful animals" but others aren't, including the venomous golden green tree snake?  Isn't that subjective, yet you're deciding which animals he should find beautiful enough, in your opinion, to remain in his garden?

His garden? Perhaps the snake lived on that land before him...

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 3:30 PM, sirineou said:

This first one is free,

You need to get a mongoose!

but advice on how to get rid of the mongoose will cost you :tongue:

or do as we do, get a bunch of dogs as we did. I pity the fool (snake) that would come into our property.

And as it happens , I have a couple of dogs I would be willing to part with. 

Free!! and I deliver. 

Or you could try, something like this. (but I still like the Mongoose idea)

also look for snake repellent on Lazada. 

image.png.d71711d3d8ad5e8f6fb37325c4b7d853.png

I've lost about 5 dogs over the years to snakes.

The smart dogs know which snakes to attack, and which ones to leave alone.

14 hours ago, Salerno said:

I've never had the chance to try it, allegedly quite tasty (probably comes done to the spices etc. used).

Got a little jungle food restaurant near me that me and the Mrs have nicknamed 'The Snake and Toad', thankfully they do have more regular items on the menu. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

we get an occasional cobra,,  maybe  2x a year   but frequented by the lovely Malay Pit ViperSnakes of Thailand - Crotalinae (Pit Vipers)

i grab them with a 2meter Stainless Steel  gripper and walk them down about 500 meters then drop them in the bush ..  here tell anything they bite is pretty much guaranteed to turn black and fall off  but...........................  I'm more afraid of the  Weaverpu ( i think Latin is  Pickup overloeadus maximus )   they have been clocked at speeds of 130 kph while emitting gobs of black smoke to avoid detection while they weave in and out of traffic to be first at the next traffic light 25 Photos Of Overloaded Pickups From Around Thailand – Stickboy Bangkok

Had a Golden tree snake decide it wanted to play inside of one of the Air Conditioning units compressors today.  It was successfully retrieved by a guy down the street who does snake removals. This one came over the wall using one of the coconut trees on the outside of the wall to go up and then down a coconut tree on the inside of the yard.

received_1574266529704005.jpeg

Edited by ThailandRyan

On 2/5/2023 at 4:39 AM, bangkok19 said:

I've lost about 5 dogs over the years to snakes.

The smart dogs know which snakes to attack, and which ones to leave alone.

My dogs must be dumb then, because they attack every snake they see.

Once has been spat in the eye twice by cobra's.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

If they weren't venomous, and paranoid about anyone close, thinking we're out to get them, then their day would end a little bit better when we encounter them.

Along with not wanting to bite/kill or try to eat my dog.