Farang 1: Monkey Lady 0

AustinRacing

2 hours ago, allanos said:

Rather a sad and depressing story about human nature.

Not about the "monkey lady", of course,  but more about the OP.

Not sure what kind of world he inhabits and not a good role

model for the little boy.

I would be too ashamed to post a story like this.

Yes, you buy something, and then expect to be able to rescind on the deal, very strange. And why not bring your own monkey food from home or elsewhere? And why feed the monkeys in the first place? I don't understand anything in this story. Like feeding stray soi dogs, what's the end purpose?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Yes, you buy something, and then expect to be able to rescind on the deal, very strange. And why not bring your own monkey food from home or elsewhere? And why feed the monkeys in the first place? I don't understand anything in this story. Like feeding stray soi dogs, what's the end purpose?

Geez so many questions. Let me try:

rescind-you buy a ticket to watch a movie in a cinema. Go inside the theater but no movie showing. 
own food-can and do so sometimes. On a bike it’s less convenient. Also helping out the temple. 
why feed monkeys?-they are one of the main attractions of the temple. They care for them and visitors support them. 
hope you learned something. Nothing wrong with feeding stray dogs although the analogy is not relevant here. It’s called helping. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OP, you know that God (or whatever power created us) is watching all that you do in this world, right?

Now, please compare your income, your wealth, your home(s) to this poor old lady's life and income, etc.

Do you feel good about asking for that refund now? 

PERHAPS you have ensured that her family may not eat tonight, while you dine on steak etc.

Grow up, stop stealing from poor people, and THANK GOD that you have much more than them, and try to share JUST A LITTLE BIT of what you have, with others less fortunate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black Ops said:

Have to dusagree with this, the Cinema is responsible for the movies shown. I doubt the banana lady owns or controls the Monkeys whereabouts, its not a Zoo. ????

I disagree with the overchargibg part but think it wasnt fair to ask for refund as she is not responsible for wild Monkeys and where they hang out.

She was selling them inside the temple’s boundary. It’s part of their income. If the monkeys were moved 10mins away there could be a sign indicating that. She would have moved the kart near the monkeys. This is common practice elsewhere. But 1) she was too lazy to move 2) charging ridiculously more this time 3) all monkeys are tattooed and vet checked so not wild or random. 
usually we see a few people nearby. This time it was only us indicating others not being bothered because they couldn’t see them in the vicinity. She saw us as suckers and perhaps charging extra would compensate the lack business. Why me?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

OP, you know that God (or whatever power created us) is watching all that you do in this world, right?

Now, please compare your income, your wealth, your home(s) to this poor old lady's life and income, etc.

Do you feel good about asking for that refund now? 

PERHAPS you have ensured that her family may not eat tonight, while you dine on steak etc.

Grow up, stop stealing from poor people, and THANK GOD that you have much more than them, and try to share JUST A LITTLE BIT of what you have, with others less fortunate.

I get what you’re saying and agree. I usually handout money and big tips with wife complaining “why too much?”

It was her demeanor, the semi-aggressive and entitled attitude that got under my skin. I felt targeted and taken advantage of. Desperate and needy people don’t behave like this (usually). 

13 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Obviously it’s not about the money.

It is for her... she is not some rich lady who lives in a PH apartment... and she may have to pay to be there which is part of the price of bananas... it is an opportunity cost... what would people do w/o her? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

I felt targeted and taken advantage of. Desperate and needy people don’t behave like this (usually). 

By a poor banana seller? You weren't getting mugged in a NYC subway...  and it was your choice to buy from her and not in the market...

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1