Police called to disturbance at Gary Glitter bail hostel after paedophile freed from prison

onthedarkside

image.png.d81a7558639bfe21c64581f4dc5b6c86.png

Police have been called to a disturbance at the bail hostel where paedophile Gary Glitter is staying after his release from prison.

A crowd of people are understood to have gathered outside the property in Hampshire yesterday after the disgraced 79-year-old former pop star was released from prison the day before, having served half his 16-year sentence for sexually abusing three schoolgirls.

Glitter, whose real name is Paul Gadd, left HMP The Verne - a low security category C jail in Portland, Dorset - after eight years behind bars.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-called-to-disturbance-at-gary-glitter-bail-hostel-after-paedophile-freed-from-prison-12803838

image.png.0e62295c35dae0e8448a36af00b1ce4a.png

At 79, can't see him being a danger to anyone.

Wonder what the moms were thinking when they let him go off alone with their 12 and 13 year old daughters?

How come Bill Wyman gets a free pass?

He was banging Mandy when she was 13 but nobody seems to care.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Wonder what the moms were thinking when they let him go off alone with their 12 and 13 year old daughters?

Yea,  didn't let my 12/13 yr old daughter out of my sight, let along go somewhere with a perfect stranger ... ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes, let’s blame the mothers of his child victims.

It is well known that when he was living in Vung Tau, Vietnam, some parents willingly offered up their children to "play" with Glitter at his house in exchange for money. Plenty more money was handed to the local police to turn a blind eye to this behavior.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

It is well known that when he was living in Vung Tau, Vietnam, some parents willingly offered up their children to "play" with Glitter at his house in exchange for money.

So he paid a "fair" amount to poor parents to rape their children. Doesn't make it legal.

10 hours ago, Chicksaw said:

So he paid a "fair" amount to poor parents to rape their children. Doesn't make it legal.

I never said it did.

It's not only illegal, but perverted and revolting. I was responding to a post which suggested that it was unfair to ever blame the mothers in any way.

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How come Bill Wyman gets a free pass?

He was banging Mandy when she was 13 but nobody seems to care.

I wouldn't (have) let my young kids anywhere near him. In fact, I'd warn my adult kids to steer well clear of this *"':;

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

One of the best concerts I've ever been to was his comeback tour re 1982. 

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s a ‘guilty pleasure’ many do not wish to own up to.

Have to agree with you both. 

Difficult to see past him as a paedo, but he was a brilliant performer. Saw him in a Xmas concert (probably that '82 comeback tour). One of the best concerts that I've been to.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Watch "Faking it special" on Discovery+. Not once does it mention anything about abduction. Seems the parents always knew where their daughters were.

Blame or ignorance? Either way the parents were wrong in their decision making.

The parents decisions are besides the point and unconnected with his behaviour .

If the parents did something wrong, then that's a different issue

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The parents decisions are besides the point and unconnected with his behaviour .

I think a lot of parents, just like kids, are enamored by fame and the ordinary red flags get thrown out the window.  It was the same mentality with Michael Jackson.  Parents who would never dream of allowing their children to have a sleep-over with an adult suddenly seem to think it's OK if it is someone famous like MJ.  

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am in no way condoning his behavior.

One of the girls he molested in the 70s was allowed, by the parents, to go alone to Glitter's hotel room. She was 8.

I don't care who he is, how famous he is or what sort of story he concocts. No daughter of mine would have been anywhere near him on their own at that age.

• Thumbs Up 1