Should tell him? Or not?

Goat

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Once they've spent "a lot" of money nothing will change their mind because, like a gambler, they will chase that money with more money. They can't just walk away.

Which kind of proves the golden rule of "never spend any more than you're prepared to walk away from" ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goat said:

Should we tell him he is stupid? Think.

Or let him do it?

Without being specific about his choice for a wife I'd find a diplomatic way to warn him about getting into a long term relationship 'investment' here. Use caution and don't invest more money than he can afford to walk away from.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ningnong said:

Without being specific about his choice for a wife I'd find a diplomatic way to warn him about getting into a long term relationship 'investment' here. Use caution and don't invest more money than he can afford to walk away from.

Don't think so, it's none of your/our business..................:coffee1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goat said:

He sent money for 3 years. A lot.

be her Gik, get him to send her 10,000,000 baht and then take a percentage!!!!  lol

YOLO, he is in love.  money means nothing compared to a lady in your arms!!!!!  lol

This is his soulmate, and .......................... hold on!................I just matched with her on Tinder

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He will not listen, and she will gradually keep people like you away from him. He will be on web forums like this in 5 years, complaining about anything Thai.

Correct, the fist thing she will do is go through his phone and block contacts on social media, then she will make him stop using FaceBook, WhatsApp, Tinder, POF etc....he may even disappear from view and be kept in the dark about the real world around him.....Plenty of those people have have as you say appeared in 5 years complaining....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Correct, the fist thing she will do is go through his phone and block contacts on social media, then she will make him stop using FaceBook, WhatsApp, Tinder, POF etc....he may even disappear from view and be kept in the dark about the real world around him.....Plenty of those people have have as you say appeared in 5 years complaining....

And of course he will not be allowed to learn Thai language. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A guy i knew from the UK asked me to give his gf some money when i was in Thailand and he was in the UK, he said he would transfer the money to me, which he did and then asked to meet his gf and give her the 20,000 thb. Well i find his gf ok, infact she was still working in the same bar that he had met her and she certainly didnt seem to have any issue with continuing her line of work, although not what she had told him and now i have to give her 20,000 thb lol.

What with it being a smallish town, the easiest thing was just to let her have the cash and carry on with whatever it is she was doing. I didnt go back to the bar as didnt want reminding of what i had done.

• Haha 1

I understand that this might be outrageous and unheard of here.

But why not in a nice respectful and caring way tell him not to put all eggs in one basket. Make sure he has enough money back where he came from so he can go back if anything goes wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did he ask you to spy on her and tell him what she does?

If not, then don't do it.

And if he wants that then still think twice if you want that.

He seemed very proud of his girl and definitely believed 100% of whatever she had been telling him...