Should tell him? Or not?

Goat

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wise words and oh so true. Never get involved in friends problems if you want to stay friends.

the answer. Thankyou.

i will tell him. i dont want him to be freinds.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Goat said:

Having kids together is the main point IMO. All the answers here only care about Mr Stupid.

I think many cultures the worst thing can say is 'Your mum in a prostitute'

this time also dad is the foreigner sex tourist.

and it will be true. obvious to everyone.

How will the kids feel? 

And will they be good parents?

A drunken mum and a Dad that can not speak Thai. The village idiot marry the prostitute.

What about the kids? Sad

Do you come from a country where all marriages are perfect...?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you come from a country where all marriages are perfect...?

No. But marrying drunk prostitutes is not popular.

It is with people you know. Up to you. 

What will Grandma think? 

If my son wants to buy a house and marry a prostitute and BREED i would be dissapointed for him.

You have a son? you advise him? or not?

• Sad 1

Just now, Goat said:

What will Grandma think? 

If my son wants to buy a house and marry a prostitute and BREED i would be dissapointed for him.

No, his life, get on with it......:stoner:

Did you actually listen to your parents as a teen/youngster, when it came to you and your todger's feelings..........:wub:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

What will Grandma think? 

I'd be surprised if many foreigners marry a girl (drunk or not) who manages to give birth to their child and continue working as prostitute at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Goat said:

What will Grandma think? 

Are you married to a Thai bird......?

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Love all the none of your business replies. Equally it's none of your business if op decides to tell him or not.

Interesting.

Nearly any subject ok to discuss on this forum. Critisize Thais, russian, Indian, Chinese. Free speech.

But talk about a foreigner marry a thai prostitute and have kids? taboo?

Do it, but not speak. Face loss? 

Have a chat with him, make him aware of the risks, explain its very common for westerners to lose everything. 

Its a gamble and you should never gamble what you cannot afford.

People make their own mistakes, some of us repeat the same mistakes but he can reduce risk.

Be ready to walk away at any point, dont register the marriage without prenup, consider why get married at all.

The relationships I see working is usually where there are no money worries at all , the girl knows she is on a good thing, is happy and does not mess it up. To be fair though I know more horror stories than success stories but some do work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:

A lawyer friend of mine says that this book should be required reading for all men of a certain age relocating to Thailand to meet up with their true love, or search for it.

Private Dancer.jpg

Received that book and was reading it my first months in Thailand - while the drama described in it was knocking on my door in real life.  Read similar excellent books at the time, too.  For these books I've been forever grateful to British Ken.  (Though Scot blood would probably have sufficed to protect my money in any event.)

6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

A lawyer friend of mine says that this book should be required reading for all men of a certain age relocating to Thailand to meet up with their true love, or search for it.

Private Dancer.jpg

This is a fun book to read and many take it for being a true story (the guy who introduced is one who believe every word s true), but it is not, it is a novel, fiction. Some don't believe it but just read the copy right notice by the end. It is also a free book in digital form and you can share it as much as you want as long as you have not altered it. If you want a printed copy of cause you need to pay or lend from some one who has.

22 hours ago, Goat said:

Should we tell him he is stupid? Think.

Or let him do it?

Should of cause let him go ahead with his plans. At 38 she probably is out of the bar business anyway, and they might live happily together for the rest of their lives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goat said:

He is not a freind, i know him because of business. 

He invite us to the wedding. i really do not want to go to a bargirl/sex tourist wedding in Petchabun.

If i tell him maybe he will uninvite us???

Her character is have sex for money with many men.

His character is sex tourist.

want kids. the kids when about 10 year old will know.

How will that be for their character? Think

If you don't want to go, then don't go.

Sex for money, where have you been, all women want money for sex in one way or the other.

Sex tourist, well, sex is part of life, I recall going to Europe in the 80's and 90's having sex with a few girls at the time, sex is not something that should be frowned upon, sex is the best, I love it, it's like food, I can't get enough of it, even in my 60's and married for over 15 years, I still eat on the side....LOL, can't eat the same thing all the time.

So what if the kids know she was a bar girl, it's part of life and survival for not just her, but for many.

There is nothing to think about, you sound very naïve and borderline stereotypical in my opinion.

Perhaps you should judge yourself before you judge others, there is no perfect in this life.

If he is not a friend, then it is none of your business if you think she is going to fleece him, move along, don[t go to the wedding, sounds like your only in it for the business anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Goat said:

Interesting.

Nearly any subject ok to discuss on this forum. Critisize Thais, russian, Indian, Chinese. Free speech.

But talk about a foreigner marry a thai prostitute and have kids? taboo?

Do it, but not speak. Face loss? 

Goat

my 2 baht  

First warn him just as an aside.  Get him to get protection and talk to a lawyer here so that he can cover himself as much as possible in the case.  hey do pre nupt here.

Second thing You never know she may be on the level and want to get out of the business.  I know a lot of girls roughly her age that are working girls, and if the right man came along and was willing to support them and show them the affection they would jump at the chance.  Depending on where she is working she may not be making a lot and sees all the young hotties taking her place.

My worry is the 22 year old son.  

Anyway you look at it you can be in trouble.

If it all goes pear shape and yo did not warn him he will be upset.

But as a friend, if you tell him what you think and do it as a friend over a pint then let congratulate him and tell him that you really hope t works for him then you have said what you had to and let it drop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingstonkid said:

Goat

my 2 baht  

First warn him just as an aside.  Get him to get protection and talk to a lawyer here so that he can cover himself as much as possible in the case.  hey do pre nupt here.

Second thing You never know she may be on the level and want to get out of the business.  I know a lot of girls roughly her age that are working girls, and if the right man came along and was willing to support them and show them the affection they would jump at the chance.  Depending on where she is working she may not be making a lot and sees all the young hotties taking her place.

My worry is the 22 year old son.  

Anyway you look at it you can be in trouble.

If it all goes pear shape and yo did not warn him he will be upset.

But as a friend, if you tell him what you think and do it as a friend over a pint then let congratulate him and tell him that you really hope t works for him then you have said what you had to and let it drop.

Nooooooooooooooooo........

On 2/6/2023 at 5:07 PM, Myran said:

Of course, plenty of people lead happy lives with former bar girls. But you might as well take precautions.

I would think success of the % of marriages with bar girls is low I've got 4 mate all been bitten ..all regret ..what's the saying one born every Minuit ...at least where he wants to move to is good Phetchabun I've been here happily married got 2 wonderfully kids  sorry not a bar girl so if he goes ahead take your chance eh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Nooooooooooooooooo........

It is what friends do 

Especially if asked.

If you were to get in a car that had iffy brakes and were going on the highway if a friend new about them would you not be <deleted> after you wrecked on the road?

1 minute ago, Harveyboy said:

I would think success of the % of marriages with bar girls is low I've got 4 mate all been bitten ..all regret ..what's the saying one born every Minuit ...at least where he wants to move to is good Phetchabun I've been here happily married got 2 wonderfully kids  sorry not a bar girl so if he goes ahead take your chance eh.

But do farangy's actually know their new love's past history, I mean, really know......:whistling:

When bar girls stop work, I don't think they are sent off to an island somewhere.

I reckon most bar girls do the job for money and eventually to find a bloke to take care of her.

Yes there are bad ones, I have heard a few stories, but then again a few stories in faragland....:stoner:

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

It is what friends do 

Especially if asked.

If you were to get in a car that had iffy brakes and were going on the highway if a friend new about them would you not be <deleted> after you wrecked on the road?

Car faults have absolutely nothing to do with poking your nose into someone else's private business, only the birds do that, daily............:cheesy:

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sex for money, where have you been, all women want money for sex in one way or the other.

sorry to hear your experience.

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I recall going to Europe in the 80's and 90's having sex with a few girls at the time,

wow, a few girls. In the 80's and 90's. 

listen, i can see you did what Mr Stupid is planning on doing. So you are defensive. i understaand. But this thread not about you.

23 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

So what if the kids know she was a bar girl

You dont get it. That is ok.

25 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

a bar girl, it's part of life and survival for not just her, but for many.

Who told you that one? A bargirl? Thailand is not Africa, many oppurtunities for those who want a job or to study and be better.

Bar girls mostly drug addict,gamblers, greedy or lazy. 

28 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

sex is the best, I love it,

But you must pay. So i dont think the prostitutes really like it with the customers. If so it will be free right? 

Like most people. They get sex for free. Only pay if married.

You paid and then you got married and paid again. You paid twice. But you pretend you can not see the difference and marrying a prostitute and buying her a house and land is normal. It isnt.

Can kid others but dont kid yourself.

Anyway, good luck with that.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Goat said:

Bar girls mostly drug addict,gamblers, greedy or lazy. 

I really feel sorry for some people who don't get it, but in your case, I don't.

You obviously have no concept of women or Thailand, or how it works, something tells me that your an Electrical Engineer or something along those lines, i.e. someone who cannot see things for what they are outside of them creating their own reality.

It also sounds like you got burnt by a bar girl and can't get over it, well, get it over it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Car faults have absolutely nothing to do with poking your nose into someone else's private business, only the birds do that, daily............:cheesy:

The one thing about this site is that we can agree to disagree.  I am not sure where you come from but I was raised that if a friend was doing something dangerous to himself or others you told him and let him make his own decision after that.

1 minute ago, kingstonkid said:

The one thing about this site is that we can agree to disagree.  I am not sure where you come from but I was raised that if a friend was doing something dangerous to himself or others you told him and let him make his own decision after that.

Nothing to do with where one comes from, up to you if you want to interfere in matters of the heart....:guitar:.........................:goof:

4 hours ago, Goat said:

What will Grandma think? 

1. How about non drinking hookers?

2. Grandma is dead

3. Use a condom on hookers

4. I only told him not to bring home a minger.