Should tell him? Or not?

Goat

He must be well off and making coin to send 100k.    These guys raise the expectations. Hope she isn't bragging to everyone.   Several women asked my gf then fiance how much does he send each month?  Seemed the minimum expectations were 20k.   She even lied to one person.   I hope the son is a good boy,  has a career, and has left the next for good.  

I hope we read about this as a success story in 20 years.  

I read all but never did read how often or how many weeks he has spent with her?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's unlikely that he will see any connection.

You know, this thread is about this idiot looser who doesn't know what he is doing.

He on the other hand is the lucky guy who found the perfect wife. ???? 

Yeah many know who they are, the ones who they didn't meet in a restaurant but have wives that are CEO's with 3 consecutive PhD's, speaks 3 laguages etc etc. ????

• Haha 1

OP ....    I'd like a buck for everytime I've heard your story ......    

and who knows  "    in a couple of years he could be a new AN member just starting to hit the booze every day in his room & telling us his sob story on how the gf and the family took all his cash ....  :burp:

• Haha 1

For your own sake I would have told him 10 years ago if in same situation, today I wouldn't even think twice about telling him! 

My experience, there is no way way you can change his mind, and the least worry, is where he told his family where they meet first time! 

I stopped caring dumb dumber dumbest! It is what it is anyway,,

I'd narrow it down to one important insight to impart to him. 

When I was majorly shooting myself in the foot similarly, someone said: "Yeah, whatever, but get legally married in America, not Country-X".

And I did, and that guy was right. So if you want to help, pick your shot carefully,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

in a couple of years he could be a new AN member just starting to hit the booze every day in his room & telling us his sob story on how the gf and the family took all his cash ....  :burp:

But then, coming from the UK to Thailand, that is probably still the better option. ???? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think many of us are in our minds comparing a bad relationship/woman in Thailand to a good relationship/woman in Thailand. And obviously we all want the good version. And many of us think we are able to differentiate, and we certainly wouldn't pick the bad version.

But then, the guy is now living in the UK, possibly no sex for some time, etc. And now he has the opportunity to come to a warm exotic country and possibly he will have as much sex as he wants, and the dirty version which he always dreamed about. Ok, the new missus is not a virgin anymore, and he has to support the family. But all in all, it is probably still a lot better than the UK.

As long the sex last, thats where most miss out, because they move to fast. 

Can depend how good a friend he is. How much common sense you think he has. I had a good friend in my late teens and twenties who went from relationship to relationship, became too needy and indulgent and a drama queen. I had enough got bored and left him to do his thing. Sometimes friendships are best let to die. If he is a good friend talk straight and honest and if he doesn't like it then let him do his thing. Two words .. pre nup .. though I am not sure if they are that effective in Thailand and the horse may have bolted based on what he has spent so far. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LaosLover said:

I'd narrow it down to one important insight to impart to him. 

When I was majorly shooting myself in the foot similarly, someone said: "Yeah, whatever, but get legally married in America, not Country-X".

And I did, and that guy was right. So if you want to help, pick your shot carefully,

Not good advice, I know a guy whose wife divorced him in california, took half his assets. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Most of the previous Thai marriages are purely a Bhuddist religious ceremony and have no legal status.

I legally married my Thai wife 15 years ago when I retired here with a son and daughter in tow.

Happy as Harry ever since.

I never mentioned legality of marriage. 

It's Larry. 

The stories I could tell you of Thai son in laws! 

44 minutes ago, bendejo said:

When he told me about this I made no comment.

It's good that you didn't say: I told you so.

But I wonder if he would have remembered that you told him.

It seems we all like to forget or suppress information which don't fit in our narrative. 

I remember I was interested in this gorgeous girl. And I thought about getting together with her. And I saw some good signs that the outcome would be in my favor. But it never happened.

In the hindsight there were enough negative signs that the outcome would not be what I hoped but what actually happened. I should have paid more attention to those bad signs. But I didn't. Because I only wanted to see the good signs.

Somehow I am pretty sure I am not the only person who looks very selective at certain scenarios. 

• Like 1

If the last few years hasn't taught people how fragile our freedoms are and at the mercy of Governments then I'd say go for it if it makes him happy sort lived or not things can change again in a heartbeat blow the doors off live for the moment 

• Like 1

You can try to make him see the reality.  But he is going to do what he wants.  With all the red flags he should be seeing the reality himself.  But from how you describe him he probably doesn’t think not think much about himself.  So he thinks this woman is a prize.  
He not only has to drop this woman.  But he needs to get his own act together. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Not good advice, I know a guy whose wife divorced him in california, took half his assets. 

Knowing the basics of marriage law before you get married is def. good advice. Even if you live in California. This info that can be given without judgement.

I'm not pronouncing a universal axiom here. That belongs to the half your age plus 7 crowd.