Should tell him? Or not?

Goat

15 hours ago, Celsius said:

I would tell him.

I don't want dumb people around me.

I wouldn't tell him. 
I like seeing stupid people experience the outcome of their stupidity.

Although there is also an argument for doing your part to stop stupid people breeding. 

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's really none of your business!

Morally, it is everyone's business.

Just like this site here, many times has provided useful information to users.

So yes I do share what I know with people, some I know very little.

But what they do with the information, is of course their decision, and their own business...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

A lawyer friend of mine says that this book should be required reading for all men of a certain age relocating to Thailand to meet up with their true love, or search for it.

Private Dancer.jpg

It is what you want it to be and this book is a good read, but treat this book as the bible and the only truth creates ghosts on sunny days.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Old Bull said:

I have been coming to Thailand over twenty years. I have never had a newbie ask for my opinion or advice so I never give it although I have seen many come with seemingly unlimited funds and loose everything.

I live in an Isan village and see many bar girls bring back trophies, Wayne from the USA, Fritz from Germany etc. The girls know I am not a snitcher so I am always invited to meet their latest true love even if he is the third this month and share in the bounty , grub and booze.  I might even get hired to drive them around.

and you are asolutely correct you Old bull,  it's nobody else's business what someone does,  or who or what they want to bang .......   a friend said to me years ago  ' nobody pays your rent ' ...  he was right !!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Knowing the basics of marriage law before you get married is def. good advice. Even if you live in California. This info that can be given without judgement.

I'm not pronouncing a universal axiom here. That belongs to the half your age plus 7 crowd.

Half my real age or the age ladies think I am, after all I am a handsome man...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BostonJoe said:

Will her Brother be moving into the new house ? Thai Brother in-laws can be so helpful 

I've been trying to get the sister in law to move in for years, to help with the ironing..........

She has a great set of the plastic fantastics

• Haha 1

He is not more stupid then any man else.

Millions of men married, were surprised at one time and found them selves alone.

Fact of live, the path you choose, right or wrong, no one knows.

You can, could have a conversation with him, but it is his choice.

You shouldnt, cant force him your thoughts, only can let him think about it, however then you should have done that already 3 years ago.

And no you cant tell him , he is stupid.

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let him do it .......

not your business, and if you say anything he will hate you forever, and still do it.

Wise words and oh so true. Never get involved in friends problems if you want to stay friends.

Just be a shoulder to cry on when it all goes wrong.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wise words and oh so true. Never get involved in friends problems if you want to stay friends.

Just be a shoulder to cry on when it all goes wrong.

The problem is, to have patiet with someone who obviously going to make a huge mistake! 

I guess I have done every stupid mistake possible, but I have spent 7 years on the same mistakes some do after meeting 2 X holidays of their life, and then buy land, build house and get married in that order. 

Also I will manage to recover from my mistakes if gone wrong, and not cut ties with my orign country. 

So even now, Im well off on a good rent for maid, chef, cleaning, lover and best friend as well housing and living costs. 10 years in, very cheap rent.

We also have to look practical on the issue, but thats the problem with people with to much emotion's and also guilt as well to much empathy. 

Some people always find excuses for being abused, no matter what sex you are, and do not realize they are screwed before to late. 

Often everyone else around see clearly what happens, but for the main person, it doesnt happen before to late.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, transam said:

I have known of many chaps who have done the same thing, but, I think they all knew what they married, and it doesn't bother them or me, so.....:intheclub:

Having kids together is the main point IMO. All the answers here only care about Mr Stupid.

I think many cultures the worst thing can say is 'Your mum in a prostitute'

this time also dad is the foreigner sex tourist.

and it will be true. obvious to everyone.

How will the kids feel? 

And will they be good parents?

A drunken mum and a Dad that can not speak Thai. The village idiot marry the prostitute.

What about the kids? Sad

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Goat said:

Should we tell him he is stupid?

I see you're a newbie here.

You'll come across a lot of these guys from all nationalities here in Thailand.

If you choose to stick your nose into other people's business you're going to find yourself a busy person.

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let him do it .......

not your business, and if you say anything he will hate you forever, and still do it.

PS

You could point out that at age 38 a Thai lady probably can't have kids.

Asian women lose fertility much earlier than western women.

Learned the lesson in 7th grade. repeated something I was told by a mutual acquaintance,   ... I ended up without a gf. ah, well ... we live and learn.

Life is not a rehearsal!  Everyone should be entitled to make their own decisions based upon their individual experience, development, growth and emotional competence. It’s a steep learning curve. I won’t interfere because you don’t know all the facts and feelings. Insecurity is hard to measure and cost. Security is what we’re all looking for.

Westerners come here looking for what they can’t get in the West, some are intelligent but emotional dunces and it’s therefore a learning process which is not free!

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

t his life his choice and his mistakes to make.

Not with kids IMO

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

He wont be the first nor the last to walk that path.

.And there are many kids with parents like this in thailand. Think about if everyone you know, know your mum is a prostitute and your dad the old sex tourist. Hard life.

Please think about the kids, not Mr Stupid.

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

It is your duty as friends to forewarn him

He is not a freind, i know him because of business. 

He invite us to the wedding. i really do not want to go to a bargirl/sex tourist wedding in Petchabun.

If i tell him maybe he will uninvite us???

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

its the character of the gal, that and also the character of the guy,

Her character is have sex for money with many men.

His character is sex tourist.

want kids. the kids when about 10 year old will know.

How will that be for their character? Think