Harry and Meghan to be questioned in Samantha Markle defamation case

Social Media

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be questioned as part of a US defamation case brought by Meghan's half-sister.

Samantha Markle is suing Meghan for "defamation and injurious falsehoods" following the couple's interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021.

She alleges she was defamed when Meghan "falsely and maliciously" said she was "an only child".

A motion brought by Meghan to stop depositions in the civil case from taking place was dismissed by a judge.

A deposition is a formal statement of evidence in the US, required to be taken of a witness or party to litigation by a court.

More lies being exposed.

This couple really are toxic. Like a modern day Bonnie and Clyde. They are quickly becoming a laughing stock on both sides of the pond and I fear it will only get worse as more and more people come out to expose their fabricated stories.

They really have so many enemies in the media I think it's going to be stormy seas ahead for Harry and Harry's wife. His next book should be titled "Hero to Zero, going to bed with Bo Derek and waking up with Bo Diddley".

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

The level of hatred that this couple attracts is truly baffling to me.

I can understand why Piers Morgan hates them - Meghan rejected his advances many years ago and the sensitive little snowflake still feels slighted. But why do so many others feel equally as outraged by their existence?

I can only assume that it's a similar sort of insecurity, but they see them as a threat to the ridiculously outdated institution that spawned Harry, and heaven forbid that this clownshow monarchy should ever end!

I strongly suspect that the Venn diagram of Brexiteers and Harry haters shows significant overlap.

To be fair, and no fan of PM, he did get fired from his job for correctly pointing out Megs was lying. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

To be fair, and no fan of PM, he did get fired from his job for correctly pointing out Megs was lying. 

Unless she was involved in his firing, I am not sure there is a connection other than tangential.

Didn't he get fired from a previous job for his own lying?

Personally, I think hacking a dead kid's phone and giving her parents false hope that she was still alive is much worse, but I am happy to see him suffer misfortune regardless of its provenance.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Unless she was involved in his firing, I am not sure there is a connection other than tangential.

She was one of the people who reported him.

Didn't he get fired from a previous job for his own lying?

Irrelevant. He wasn't lying this time.

Personally, I think hacking a dead kid's phone and giving her parents false hope that she was still alive is much worse, but I am happy to see him suffer misfortune regardless of its provenance.

Much worse than lying to the world to trash your own family and your husband's family? Worse than throwing the ArchBishop of Canterbury under the bus by claiming he committed a crime by marrying them twice? Worse than mailing your husband's wedding ring back to him as soon as you get a better offer? Worse than claiming an award for fighting racism in the Royal family 2 weeks before admitting there was no such racism? Maybe. I'd say they are both trash but this thread is about Markle, not Morgan.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

She was one of the people who reported him.

Irrelevant. He wasn't lying this time.

Much worse than lying to the world to trash your own family and your husband's family? Worse than throwing the ArchBishop of Canterbury under the bus by claiming he committed a crime by marrying them twice? Worse than mailing your husband's wedding ring back to him as soon as you get a better offer? Worse than claiming an award for fighting racism in the Royal family 2 weeks before admitting there was no such racism? Maybe. I'd say they are both trash but this thread is about Markle, not Morgan.

Yeah, I am still not convinced. My loathing of Morgan is based on the mountains is hurt he has dished out to innocent people. 

I don't see anyone actually hurt by Harry and Meghan other than a ridiculously archaic and corrupt money pit of an organisation that should be cancelled forthwith.

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Yeah, I am still not convinced. My loathing of Morgan is based on the mountains is hurt he has dished out to innocent people. 

I don't see anyone actually hurt by Harry and Meghan other than a ridiculously archaic and corrupt money pit of an organisation that should be cancelled forthwith.

That reads like a load of tosh, something I would expect from a commy, or a jealous guy................:guitar:

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

That reads like a load of tosh, something I would expect from a commy, or a jealous guy................:guitar:

Be specific - which parts are 'tosh'? 

I have seen the photos of Morgan lying on a sunlounger so, while I cannot claim to be an Adonis by any stretch of the imagination, there is definitely no jealousy on my part. 

Commie? Nah, I just try not to be greedy or selfish...

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Be specific - which parts are 'tosh'? 

I have seen the photos of Morgan lying on a sunlounger so, while I cannot claim to be an Adonis by any stretch of the imagination, there is definitely no jealousy on my part. 

Commie? Nah, I just try not to be greedy or selfish...

You don't like the UK being a kingdom, which it has always been, except for a minor hiccup....:ohmy:

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Fat shaming? ????

No wonder you're such a fan of the likes of Markle with bitchy comments like that. ????????

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

It could become a republic and get the equivalent of Mugabe or the orange guy.????

Surely you can envisage some sort of middle ground similar to most other countries in the world, which aren't ruled by demagogues or tyrants?

Although the UK electorate voted for Brexit so maybe your doubts about our ability to form a credible, egalitarian government are not totally unfounded.

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Surely you can envisage some sort of middle ground similar to most other countries in the world, which aren't ruled by demagogues or tyrants?

Although the UK electorate voted for Brexit so maybe your doubts about our ability to form a credible, egalitarian government are not totally unfounded.

Tell me the leaders you think are great that have done away with their monarch.....?

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Tell me the leaders you think are great that have done away with their monarch.....?

What a strange question. Any notion of a monarch being able to prevent the emergence of a rogue government should surely have been dashed when Lizzie failed to prevent a succession of disastrous Tory pms since 2010.

Just now, RuamRudy said:

What a strange question. Any notion of a monarch being able to prevent the emergence of a rogue government should surely have been dashed when Lizzie failed to prevent a succession of disastrous Tory pms since 2010.

A lefty comment, I was right, eh..........:stoner:

5 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Seems as if Samantha has learned well from her sister.???? 

It does seem a bit frivolous though - falsely and maliciously calling herself an only child. In terms of merit, it does seem like only the only winners will be the lawyers.

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't see anyone actually hurt by Harry and Meghan other than a ridiculously archaic and corrupt money pit of an organisation that should be cancelled forthwith

Maybe you could open your eyes and look at her dying father she abandoned, her extremely ill sister she slandered, her ex husband, the staff she bullied...

Maybe then look to the physically disabled matron Harry mocks in his book?

You know, just for starters.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Maybe you could open your eyes and look at her dying father she abandoned, her extremely ill sister she slandered, her ex husband, the staff she bullied...

Maybe then look to the physically disabled matron Harry mocks in his book?

You know, just for starters.

I must confess that I know little of her family, but if they are any bit as dysfunctional as the tacky soap opera clowns on Harry's side, I am happy to keep it that way. A plague on all their houses, I say, albeit with extra locusts on the house of Windsor.

I will keep my sympathy for those who actually deserve it, not this rotten, corrupt institution that should have been abolished years ago.