Covid cases drop another 30% with only 4% of Chinese arrivals testing positive

webfact

On 2/8/2023 at 6:16 PM, bkk6060 said:

Even if they end it, masks will be around probably forever.  Still see many alone in their cars with one on or on the beach.

Those folks on the beach aren't wearing just masks but rather gas masks so they don't have to smell the stinky infected Chinese that are also on the beach.

Edited by HuskerDo2

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

No millions did die, however millions die every day.  You had in the USA people with gunshot wounds and traffic accidents being labeled as "covid deaths" because during the autopsy it was discovered they had the virus. 

This is tripe.....

Zero gunshot deaths were tagged as Covid in the UK of the 205,000 deaths. Millions do not die in the world each day... more like under 200,000 per day. So more nonsense!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/10/2023 at 12:23 AM, spidermike007 said:

And the most bizarre of all is wearing a mask on a motorbike. Or on the beach. Utter and complete denial of science and facts. 

Science has shown that masks prevent diesel soot, insects and dust from entering the mouth and nose when riding motor cycles. This little known side effect of masks was discovered by having to wear them during covid. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/9/2023 at 8:39 AM, TheFishman1 said:

Who can really believe these numbers they’re telling me that the Chinese tourist arriving at such a low percent of the virus for when I don’t believe any of that. I don’t think you’re testing properly and I think you’re just playing with numbers like usual TIT

They may have come in infected, and holidayed and then recovered. Then tested negative on departure. Covid ripped through China where most people in large cities became infected ina  short period of time. I would wager a large number have been infected and recovered before they travelled. As it is, we really don't know as they are not testing all arrivals. 

21 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Science has shown that masks prevent diesel soot, insects and dust from entering the mouth and nose when riding motor cycles. This little known side effect of masks was discovered by having to wear them during covid. 

Mask wearing is far more prevalent then pre-covid. I suspect that mask wearing will decrease gradually (very slowly), unless the government officially announce that masked are no longer required. I don't see that happening anytime soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavisH said:

Mask wearing is far more prevalent then pre-covid. I suspect that mask wearing will decrease gradually (very slowly), unless the government officially announce that masked are no longer required. I don't see that happening anytime soon. 

I see very little mask wearing. It seems to be a bit of a fashion statement among teenagers though, provided they are black. They are very common on motorcycles for the reasons I mentioned in a previous post. For motorcycles, it's difficult to see why they would be dropped. Masks became cheap and ubiquitous and their benefits obviously extended beyond covid when riding motorcycles.

On 2/11/2023 at 3:41 AM, Stargeezr said:

With the air pollution being so bad recently, my cousin, a non Thai and his wife are wearing their KN95 masks 

to keep the pollution from affecting them. Of course some posters who hate masks will say humbug to wearing a mask

for any reason. It is not the Thais who show ignorance for mask wearing, however there are plenty of non Thais living

in Thailand who just have to complain. Just saying.

Very few wore masks before Covid. 

If someone suggested that most Thais wear masks to avoid pollution, then that would be quite amusing. They (a large majority) are as worried about pollution as they are about riding a motorcycle without a helmet, falling off and smashing their skull on the road.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:42 AM, anrcaccount said:

I’m aware of that.

The reason they’re still being worn in Thailand is social conformance pressure, nothing to do with Covid anymore.

It will be interesting to see if any party decides to appeal to people,  by encouraging them to show faces again. 

100% this.

42 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I see very little mask wearing. It seems to be a bit of a fashion statement among teenagers though, provided they are black. They are very common on motorcycles for the reasons I mentioned in a previous post. For motorcycles, it's difficult to see why they would be dropped. Masks became cheap and ubiquitous and their benefits obviously extended beyond covid when riding motorcycles.

I can see that angle. I can't get my head around the wearing of masks in cars, especially people driving alone. Does it look cool or something?

On 2/11/2023 at 1:37 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In  all likelihood, the school kids were being told/asked to wear face masks because of the recent/current spate of very bad air pollution,  which is a standard thing for schools when the air gets bad.

It would be madness not to try to protect kids from air here lately that in many areas has ranged from unhealthy to hazardous.

That would make sense in a school with open windows and no air purifiers. However, in a school where all the air-conditioned rooms have air purifiers, that sadly points to the continued fear of some viral outbreak that no longer threatens the majority of population.

1 hour ago, anrcaccount said:

Thanks.

I just hope some political party or other authority comes out soon to tell Thais clearly - it’s OK to take them off.

Yes, many have already, but much more work to do to get the land of smiles back. 

Paradoxically the more they wear masks the sooner that time will come. The OP is evidence of that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

And wearing a mask on a motorbike does appear to have some benefit. For the purposes you state. Not for the prevention of covid, which is why 99% are wearing them now. It is pure fear now, and not practicality. 

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And wearing a mask on a motorbike does appear to have some benefit. For the purposes you state. Not for the prevention of covid, which is why 99% are wearing them now. It is pure fear now, and not practicality. 

How do you know what 99% of the locals are thinking.....?

Some don't want to be recognized!