DLT/Pattaya police crack down on Bolt drivers in Pattaya - 20 fined 2,000 baht - reoffenders face ban

webfact

On 2/9/2023 at 9:25 AM, ThailandRyan said:

To many complaints from the Taxi Drivers, and people who have registered their vehicles as commercial transport vehicles, while the bolt drivers are driving regular cars registered as a private vehicle.  If they want to play the game correctly then the vehicles need to be registered appropriately........

Suppose you like paying "meter not working" prices?

21 hours ago, Greenhill said:

And that's exactly why they're illegal!!!!    We can't have great service here!   Interfers with the existing poor service and high prices charged by the existing m/c/taxi mafia!

Visiting Bangkok have become so much better after I discovered Grab! Unfortunate, starting to be quite a wait to reach one now, and waiting time was up to 20 min last weekend. 

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not legal yet. Grab is but Bolt still has some issues with the DLT and the Government.

While Thailand legalized ride-hailing apps a year ago, the Bolt application isn't one of those and Pattaya-area authorities came down hard on their drivers Friday.Nov 30, 2565 BE

Interesting.

So, if police continue to harass Bolt drivers / riders, they will just move to the Grab platform.  What will the police here do then?

Multiple alternatives are needed here. Regular taxis are a constant issue. This has nothing to do with protecting the public. This is simply the cops protecting the taxi mafia. The body cams mean nothing. The work they are performing is morally bent to begin with. 

16 hours ago, Hummin said:

Visiting Bangkok have become so much better after I discovered Grab! Unfortunate, starting to be quite a wait to reach one now, and waiting time was up to 20 min last weekend. 

Did you try 'Bolt'?

13 minutes ago, Oink said:

There is an option to order a regular taxi on Bolt at a pre-agreed rate.

Get out of that one????

50 to 70 baht more than the regular economy fare of 120 baht for me. Won't stay that way if they get rid of the economy ones though.

On 2/9/2023 at 6:35 PM, Greenhill said:

And that's exactly why they're illegal!!!!    We can't have great service here!

In my hometown in the States about 10 years ago, the local taxi drivers went circling around City Hall all day honking their horns, demanding they do something about Uber and Lyft. Improve their service maybe? Nah, that'd make too much sense.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

In my hometown in the States about 10 years ago, the local taxi drivers went circling around City Hall all day honking their horns, demanding they do something about Uber and Lyft. Improve their service maybe? Nah, that'd make too much sense.

I was certainly not impressed by taxi services over the pond.... pretty expensive and quite a few restrictions designed to increase their already high prices. Always remember one refusing to take me and a work colleague from hotel to airport once, telling us we had to use 2 taxis!

Heaven forbid they destroy what is a good and economical service in Pattaya!