Nepalese man caught trying to smuggle 5.6 kilos of hashish into Thailand at Bangkok airport

webfact

1c68502665e79119402888d7454040c2fabd642e06d02492665bae5ee41c98ef.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that Thai customs at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok checked a wheely bag belonging to a Nepalaese man who had arrived from Kathmandu on Wednesday evening.

He was trying to go through the green lane and fitted the profile for a further search.

An xray revealed a suspicious secret compartment that contained a 98x38 cm package.

644444ca96d0f864ab980d797f989d05603d606393e0b82c9c1d5c7aa4d4c44b.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

It contained a brown substance that was tested and proved to be hashish, a class five restricted drug.

The drug was weighed in front of the suspect - it was 5.6 kilos worth 560,000 baht.

The Nepalese man was charged with smuggling and possession of a Class 5 restricted narcotic.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-02-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

1 minute ago, Enzian said:

So hash, which I guess is just concentrated pot, is illegal, but pot itself is not? Does anyone know why hash is still listed as a narcotic? How this works?

The larger issue, tip of iceberg: I still wonder how all this pot said to be from California and for sale all over Sukhumvit is getting into the country, though I assume however it is, it's not the way this mule/amateur with the hash was trying.

I guess the seeds is from California, not the weed itself 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

So hash, which I guess is just concentrated pot, is illegal, but pot itself is not? Does anyone know why hash is still listed as a narcotic? How this works?

The larger issue, tip of iceberg: I still wonder how all this pot said to be from California and for sale all over Sukhumvit is getting into the country, though I assume however it is, it's not the way this mule/amateur with the hash was trying. (I want to add that I'm sorry for the guy in any case, what he will go through: he was likely not the source.)

Possibly from the ganja king - Anutin .........LOL

6 hours ago, Enzian said:

The larger issue, tip of iceberg: I still wonder how all this pot said to be from California and for sale all over Sukhumvit is getting into the country, though I assume however it is, it's not the way this mule/amateur with the hash was trying. (I want to add that I'm sorry for the guy in any case, what he will go through: he was likely not the source.)

a country which shall not be named has a huge network of growers all over north america. usa canada doesn't matter. they are bringing it in and using singaporian businessmen to sell it to the local shops in bkk etc. 

most of the product only costs a few hundred usd and is sold here at many times the value. and from the other side as well. you get paid to let it go. or you seize it and sell it. win win. 

many big players involved on both sides of the ocean.

if i disappear after this post they got me. paranoia setting in must smoke more. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

I guess the seeds is from California, not the weed itself 

You'd be wrong, the weed is coming in from the US.

There was a story I was told from an informed source that a rich influential Thai had imported several shipping containers of weed from a well known 'brand-name' weed company in the US.

He went further to say that this Thai had also bumped his partners in the US out of their share of the money as well. 

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You'd be wrong, the weed is coming in from the US.

There was a story I was told from an informed source that a rich influential Thai had imported several shipping containers of weed from a well known 'brand-name' weed company in the US.

He went further to say that this Thai had also bumped his partners in the US out of their share of the money as well. 

Rumors is one thing! I would be surprised anyone would import weed from Cal to Thailand where weed grow almost everywhere. I mean Thailand had already a huge production before they opened up for legal production. 

Hey, anything is possible, but why? 

Just now, Hummin said:

Rumors is one thing! I would be surprised anyone would import weed from Cal to Thailand where weed grow almost everywhere. I mean Thailand had already a huge production before they opened up for legal production. 

Hey, anything is possible, but why? 

The importation of flower from the US to Thailand is not a rumour it is fact and it is continuing to happen.

I know someone that is importing flower from the US legally and apparently has a license to do so. 

As soon as the law changed on June 9th there was imported flower everywhere at ridiculous prices. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The importation of flower from the US to Thailand is not a rumour it is fact and it is continuing to happen.

I know someone that is importing flower from the US legally and apparently has a license to do so. 

As soon as the law changed on June 9th there was imported flower everywhere at ridiculous prices. 

Why will not the same seeds do the same thing growing in Thailand?

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Holiday just turned into a nightmare.

A long nightmare i could turn out to be

Category 5: fine of up to Baht 1,500,000 (one million, five hundred thousand Thai baht) and imprisonment not exceeding 15 years;

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Why will not the same seeds do the same thing growing in Thailand?

The weather is a problem in Thailand.

In Thailand you need to grow undercover, too many sudden winds, generally too hot and extreme rain, so the best Thai grows would be in warehouses.

Not to mention the Thais have no idea what they're doing or what they're growing.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My kid is trying to get a job in customs, she says the wages are rubbish, but the tips from customers are amazing.

Lived in a condo where a customs bloke lived, good position on 40k a year. On that he owned 4 condos, several cars and bikes and a couple of wives!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1