From Thailand’s “Queen of Dance” to new advocacy role for gender equality – Christina Aguilar

webfact

image.jpeg

Image Courtesy: UNFPA Thailand

When we think of Thailand’s best-selling female artists of all time, Christina Aguilar, who is widely dubbed as the country’s “Queen of Dance”, is at the top.

Now she is taking on a new role as the “Champion of UNFPA”, to advocate for gender equality, including several related issues, such as eliminating gender-based violence and improving access to sexual and reproductive health.

“I have got to say that I am very excited, and I feel very honoured that they are trusting me in taking on this new role and to be part of the UNFPA family.”

-Advocating for gender equality-

Though Christina has been known as an artist, what people may not know is that she has been advocating for gender equality. She explains that her fans were her main inspiration, as most of them were from the LGBTQ community. She would also invite her fans to make merit and donations, in which they have visited orphanages, shelters for women and children and nursing homes for the elderly.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/from-thailands-queen-of-dance-to-new-advocacy-role-for-gender-equality-christina-aguilar/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

10 hours ago, sidneybear said:

Thailand doesn't have time for all this woke tripe, thankfully. 

quaint
/kweɪnt/

adjective
adjective: quaint; comparative adjective: quainter; superlative adjective: quaintest
  1. attractively unusual or old-fashioned.
    "quaint country cottages"

4 hours ago, rbkk said:

I wonder how many people buying her music got confused with the very similarly named singer...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Aguilera

Aguilar is 14 years older than the American singer and sold most of her records before Aquilera started recording.

It's her birth name from her Filipino father.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/11/2023 at 4:23 PM, Enoon said:
quaint
/kweɪnt/

adjective
adjective: quaint; comparative adjective: quainter; superlative adjective: quaintest
  1. attractively unusual or old-fashioned.
    "quaint country cottages"

gullible
/ˈɡʌlɪbl/

adjective
  1. easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.
    "an attempt to persuade a gullible public to spend their money"