Internet unusually sluggish for nearly a week

In Full Agreement

2 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

Same sh_t with my crappy ass AIS.  

I'm experiencing severe packet loss from AIS to some European countries for several months already https://aseannow.com/topic/1263948-isp-technical-support-contacts-needed/?do=findComment&comment=17611685

AIS ignores my emails, Hurricane Electric responded very quickly but said something like "we are aware of the problem and waiting for other party to fix it".

So it will never be fixed ???? and I suggest to switch from AIS to another provider.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had that problem with TRUE in my apartment maybe a week or two ago for a couple of day.

I knew my computers are not the problem so I just waited a little.

Now it seems to be ok again.

IMHO it is useless and impossible to even try to find out what the problem was or is. Thai internet provider don't seem to be willing to tell their customers the truth about technical problems.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I had that problem with TRUE in my apartment maybe a week or two ago for a couple of day.

I knew my computers are not the problem so I just waited a little.

Now it seems to be ok again.

IMHO it is useless and impossible to even try to find out what the problem was or is. Thai internet provider don't seem to be willing to tell their customers the truth about technical problems.

Truth. Talk about a rich subject. Don't want to be accused of Thai bashing, but doesn't it seem like truth has a different definition here? There seems to be a kind of disconnect. A strange relationship with truth, nationwide. Thoughts? 

• Like 1

My Thai niece worked for one of the ISP/Mobile 'phone companies mentioned above. Two years on their call centre was more than enough. Apart from the shifts (one rotation finished at 23.30) she wasn't happy selling products knowing that the customer would never get what was advertised. Whenever I told her about interruptions in my service and slow speeds she simply gave me the number to ring!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A friend was the IT manager in a big company in Bangkok with a leased line (which was unusual and pretty expensive at that time). The leased line was down for two whole days, big problem.

The ISP sent them monthly reports and what a surprise: Uptime: 100%.

So my IT manager friend talked to them and asked them how 2 days no internet matches with 100% uptime:

Their answer?

Mr., we only get a bonus if we report 100% uptime. If you complain, then we don't get a bonus anymore.

No more questions.

And no matter how you look at it, that is a description of an environment with moral rot and corruption built in at the foundation. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

And no matter how you look at it, that is a description of an environment with moral rot and corruption built in at the foundation. 

Sorry, I don't think so. In other countries with other work ethics the ISP people would admit that maybe they had only 96% uptime. And they would do their best to make it better in the future. 

And I met also some people in Thailand with that ethic. 

• Like 1

So it appears no one has really cracked the code as to why there's an unusual slowdown with Thai internet providers at least in some areas.

On the internet I've only found that there was some damage done to some undersea cables that impacted Vietnam as well as Singapore.

I know repair to undersea cables takes  a fair bit of time so I guess we're in for a long stretch of spotty  internet service for those who are indeed impacted.

• Thanks 1