From Brexit to Rejoin - The Inflection Point.

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

The only thing that is set in stone, with regard to the British Constitution, is that nothing is set in stone.

Any law passed in Parliament may me unmade by any future parliament.

The only reason that Brexit went through is that MPs, "cross-party", fearful that they would lose their seats if they did what the knew the ought to do (for the better prosperity of the Nation and the overall welfare of the "People") pandering to  the whipped up baying, yelping, idiot mob....... passed the Bill.

The Idiot mob now paying the price for their crass stupidity and delusion.......unfortunately it had to be as it is in order for them to truly understand how ******* dumb they were/are.

No amount of Sad, Confused and Laughing emojis will change those truths.

But carry on children.......your beloved toys have been returned to you, who am I to deny you your inarticulate, infantile gurgles?

Brilliant summation enoon. Trouble is, it's not just the idiot mob who are suffering. All Brits with the exception of Mugg's 1% are adversely affected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

I'm not sure that the EU would welcome us back with open arms, and if they did allow us to return they certainly wouldn't allow us the concessions and opt outs we previously enjoyed before we bailed out.

One of the first things they will want is the 2.3 billion pound fine that the EU imposed on the UK for facilitating the import of fake brand name goods to the EU in 2018.

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I'm not sure that the EU would welcome us back with open arms, and if they did allow us to return they certainly wouldn't allow us the concessions and opt outs we previously enjoyed before we bailed out.

Good. 

It would never happen anyway, but if the talk ever gained traction then the worse the deal, the less likely it would be to happen. Hopefully, they would make rejoining dependent on Macron becoming both UK PM and UK Head of State, with Eva Kaili as Mayor of London. Given their arrogance, I wouldn't put it past them.

2 hours ago, Tish 2 said:

The people of Britain voted for Brexit solely for the reason of seemingly uncontrolled immigration.At least before Brexit the new arrivals came to work but under this pathetic attempt at a government all the dross of the world are allowed in,filling every 4star hotel (all paid for by British tax payers)and complaining about slow internet.

It's impossible now to get pick-pocketed in Romania and Albania because they all live in London now.

Not all the people of the UK voted for Brexit, only a narrow majority swallowed the Brexit lies.

Take up your grievances listed in your post with the people who promised you they’d take back control.

Either they have not taken back control or they aren’t using the control they have to do what they promised.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Hopefully the conclusion to the meeting was to tear up the NI Protocol and send the remains to Brussels in a brown envelope. The EU seems quite good at handling those, along with suitcases full of corrupt cash.

It's time for a real Brexit, not some namby pamby deal with the corrupt, bitter EU. Leave the ECHR at the same time.

The only good thing that would come from Labour and The Conservatives plotting a return to the EU in darkened, smoky rooms out of the view of those pesky voters would be that it would lead to the brutal collapse of both parties and leave a vacuum in British politics which could lead to the forming of a new party that truly represents the masses.

Frankly, given the state of the two main parties right now I think that would be a huge benefit to the UK.

Wake up and smell the coffee Johnny.

Hard Brexit is over, the whole point of the meeting is to reverse the direction of Government policy.

The Tories aren’t leading here they are following the direction of public opinion.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Good. 

It would never happen anyway, but if the talk ever gained traction then the worse the deal, the less likely it would be to happen. Hopefully, they would make rejoining dependent on Macron becoming both UK PM and UK Head of State, with Eva Kaili as Mayor of London. Given their arrogance, I wouldn't put it past them.

Let’s stick with some realities shall we.

After years of denying the evidence of the damage Brexit is doing to the UK the Government have held a cross party conference to discuss the problems of Brexit.

The significant issues are firstly admitting the problems and secondly precisely who it is that have been included in this conference.

This is, as I suggest in OP to this thread, a point of inflection

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1