British Police head to Thailand over woman's mystery death in UK in 2004

Cold case officers have travelled to Thailand to speak with the husband and family of a woman found dead in the Yorkshire Dales almost 19 years ago.

Walkers discovered the half-naked body of Lamduan Armitage, nee Seekanya, in a stream near Pen-y-ghent in 2004.

For 15 years her identity was unknown until family in Thailand came forward and DNA proved it was their daughter.

As well as her parents, police are hoping to speak to husband David Armitage who now lives in Thailand.

North Yorkshire officers, who arrived in the country on Sunday, said being there was a crucial next step in their attempts to finally solve the case.

Adam Harland, manager of the major investigation team's cold case review unit, said: "To understand Lamduan's life we need to speak to the people who knew her.

The news report really should have mentioned if the husband reported her missing in 2004.

I assume he didn't.  Police would have had pictures and a general description that they could have matched up with a corpse much sooner.

Edited by NotReallyHere

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

does anybody really think their visit will change the result or get the murderer locked up?

they tried a visit with the two brits murdered on Koh Tao and who got locked up but two innocent Burma boys. 

Pathetic ..... 

This is a different situation . 

In regards to the Koh Tao killing, the UK police just went to Thailand to  watch the investigation without participating . 

In this story, the UK Police are going to interview the husband of the deceased to find out whether he can help with their investigations into the murder and maybe a prosecution  in the UK (if the UK Police find a suspect . )

The UK Police are investigating this , the Thai police investigated the Kao Tao murders .

Two completely different situations 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Like 2

Looks like justice has been served here. Guy raised 3 kids, kids who have become working adults and had a good chance in life. One lives in china, one in the UK and one with him here in thailand. Not the monstrous tale that you might want. But looks like it worked out well for those kids. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The UK Police don't want to interview him about how he raised his kids, that isn't the issue .

They want to interview him to see if he has any information about a murder of their mother   , nothing to do with him raising children 

Totally agree, i just read the stories as this has been about a good 3 years and the husband seems a bit ostricised and fed up with how this has dragged on. 

18 minutes ago, rankric said:

Totally agree, i just read the stories as this has been about a good 3 years and the husband seems a bit ostricised and fed up with how this has dragged on. 

I would think that he would be pleased that the UK Police are trying to find the person who killed his Wife and I am quite surprised that he hasn't been back to the UK to help the Police with their enquires 

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I would think that he would be pleased that the UK Police are trying to find the person who killed his Wife and I am quite surprised that he hasn't been back to the UK to help the Police with their enquires 

Who knows but it is evident he took care of his family and maybe that responsibility played a part.

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That wouldn't be acceptable in a UK Court , as a reason for murder .

But lets listen to the evidence , what did she do to warrant getting killed ?

Who knows. All that we know is the guy raised the family and they turned out well. Uk justice system is a pile of trash. More cases of dodgy coppers than ever before. The lads coming to thailand probably just looking for a bit of r&r on the taxpayer.  

1 hour ago, rankric said:

Who knows. All that we know is the guy raised the family and they turned out well. Uk justice system is a pile of trash. More cases of dodgy coppers than ever before. The lads coming to thailand probably just looking for a bit of r&r on the taxpayer.  

That is not "all we know" , we also know that his Wife got killed.

The Police going to Thailand are going there to interview the Husband in relation to the murder  , the Police aren't going to Thailand to give him a good parent award

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is not "all we know" , we also know that his Wife got killed.

The Police going to Thailand are going there to interview the Husband in relation to the murder  , the Police aren't going to Thailand to give him a good parent award

Stating the obvious works for you. Keep up the good work.