Top Royal Thai Police officers under scrutiny over links to illegal online gambling cash flows

webfact

The gambling is often just a gateway entry for the loan shark business's, with high interest rates, threats, violence and people losing homes and life savings.

A top down gambling focus approach is a start but its the money lending side and forcing people to chase the debts through gambling that also needs a massive focus.

They are so connected and part of the same overall corruption model.

10 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

It’s just amazing how the ex massage king of Thailand has all this information about the corruption of the upper levels of the police department and he’s telling all and nobody has even whacked the guy yet he’s a brave guy. As far as corruption in Thailand it’s just part of the make up. CR Tit

I suspect he's made it clear to the people who matter that he has a whole lot of undeniable evidence, held by somebody they can't whack or extort, which will embarrass the entire elite, especially the monarchists. This has been going on at least since the kingdom of Sukothai. Used to be, up until the Revolution of 1932, that every new king reformed the judiciary and police (or the military, which were used before the creation of police). King Rama V was especially effective while he lived.

16 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Gambling is such a pathetic state of mind. Monoco, etc aside...pretty much the domain of the uneducated, lower classes. A tax on the poor and simple minded.

At least poker involves some skill*

Most of the gamblers in Monaco are Italians and French who drive over the border. They mainly looked pretty downmarket the times I went there. The glamour is just in the movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

New allegations of corruption within the Royal Thai Police linked to the kingdom’s huge illicit illegal gambling rackets...

The RTP linked to yet another corrupt or illicit enterprise?

Why, I'm shocked, I tell ya! Just shocked!

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

I honestly don't see how this police farce could be reformed, it's rotten through and through. You'd have to completely rebuild it from scratch, but who will ever do that!?

Even then, it's highly unlikely that anything would ever change inasmuch as corruption and "anything for a baht" are "baked into" the culture.

7 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Most of the gamblers in Monaco are Italians and French who drive over the border. They mainly looked pretty downmarket the times I went there. The glamour is just in the movies.

There you go... Thanks

Gambling is just another vice for the poor, lower classes to get wrapped up in. Lottery is the worst and government sponsored

7 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Even then, it's highly unlikely that anything would ever change inasmuch as corruption and "anything for a baht" are "baked into" the culture.

I've often thought if in Thailand and similarly corrupt countries corruption disappeared that the plebs would have no idea how to deal with bureaucracy bc the corruption track is all they know.

Much like the broke farang that use agents.