New Chief of Chonburi Immigration Promises Hassle-Free Experience for Tourists

snoop1130

9 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Hopefully he will stop the dubious practice of the so-called "Visa Conversion" (changing the type of visa without exiting Thailand). All kinds of NON-O visas including NON-O Retirement and ED visa should not be available. If you want a Retirement Visa, you should apply for NON-OA in your country of citizenship. The same goes for ED visa.

Is it lawful? If so, what's the problem? 

I will be the first to admit this would not be a place easy to work. 

Nevertheless, I would think the job based in Thailand one is well compensated compare to others like 7/11, KFC,  especially if no one is forcing you to do it. 

That being said it is a job dealing with people I would imagine whoever is in charge don't endorse rude behavior from working regardless if we are guest. 

I recently was down in January Jomtien the behavior of three individuals one young man who man's the front information counter, the so call volunteer Guard at the door their attitude  behavior, crosses the line of rude to abusive towards everyone.  It can't be missed by anyone in charge it stands out and gets worse as the day goes on. 

Then you got the official at window two never seen a person so unhappy with their position he has the attitude and look as if he hates the world and his job. 

If the goal is to take care being greeted at the door by the two isn't going to meet the standard nor will the guy taking application for entry is at all welcoming when applying. 

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:54 AM, pomchop said:

Maybe mr big should take a look at all the agents who are there every day handing out bribes for special services...or perhaps mr big just wants to make sure that he gets a piece of every bribe.

Jomtiem is a huge MESS...from long lines all day everyday, little if any seating to handle the crowds, lots of rude agents yelling at people , poorly written instructions, never ending copies of this and that over and over requiring you to go get yet another copy of whatever they decide is needed....and of course the entire staff shuts down everyday for a nice long lunch break

Agree, but let them have their lunch break.