Russians are everywhere.

bob smith

On 2/18/2023 at 7:48 AM, KhunLA said:

As are most posters with their Anti RU, CH, USA, TH, IN bigotry and EV ignorance.  now up to 7 pages of ignored members ????

image.png.28f056630015462b19ad133c50863f07.png

EV = Electric Vehicles?  That topic does tend to divide people.  

Just learned that intolerance toward "bigots" could in itself be bigotry:

"The meaning of BIGOTRY is obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices ..."  Merriam-Webster

• Thumbs Up 1

USA got WW2 correct , but has more or less bungled every war it has been involved in since ....  Russians also Got WW2 correct but have also more or less bungled every war they have been in since ,, and the current one is the game changer,,Putin is evil like Hitler  and will sooner or later  be finished ,, Ukraine was the origin of Russia in the 10th century with  the Viking Rus from Sweden who founded Kiev ,and brought civilization slowly to the steppe ,they created  Russia, until overthrown by other later Russian cities like Novgorod, Moscow and St Peterberg in 17th century .. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

USA got WW2 correct , but has more or less bungled every war it has been involved in since ....  Russians also Got WW2 correct but have also more or less bungled every war they have been in since ,, and the current one is the game changer,,Putin is evil like Hitler  and will sooner or later  be finished ,, Ukraine was the origin of Russia in the 10th century with  the Viking Rus from Sweden who founded Kiev ,and brought civilization slowly to the steppe ,they created  Russia, until overthrown by other later Russian cities like Novgorod, Moscow and St Peterberg in 17th century .. 

Godwin's Law is excused because Putin really is like Hitler.

5 Frightening Similarities Between Putin And Hitler | by James Marinero | The Dock on the Bay | Medium

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2023 at 5:16 PM, Mavideol said:

have some friends living in China-Hainan island, mostly in the southern part beach town called Sanya, they said more then 70% of the current island residents are from Russia, street signs, TV, restaurant signs, even radio broadcast in Russian, banks accepting Russia Ruble and giving back Yuan/Renminbi

note for the "confused" one...... the post is about Russians being everywhere, thus they are in Thailand and also in China, what's confusing you, lost the sense of humor

A neighbour rents out a house to them at 100k per month. However, upon entering his property he found TEN of them, most sleeping on the floor, (so 10k each) and food all over the place as they don't use the restaurants and yes they are loud and aggressive. So filthy Chinese or them. So great the army took over, again. They'll take anyone as THEY don't have to live among them, nimbies that they are.

Edited by rabiedabruce
spl
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/21/2023 at 12:48 PM, rabiedabruce said:

A neighbour rents out a house to them at 100k per month. However, upon entering his property he found TEN of them, most sleeping on the floor, (so 10k each) and food all over the place as they don't use the restaurants and yes they are loud and aggressive. So filthy Chinese or them. So great the army took over, again. They'll take anyone as THEY don't have to live among them, nimbies that they are.

Still better than Soviet style communal living I guess. Privacy is an unknown concept in Russia.

On 2/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, liddelljohn said:

Germans could have brought some civilization to Russia if they managed to capture Moscow. The Nazis just made a mistake of being so obsessed with exterminating jews and other minorities. I wonder if they would have been a better option than communists taking over half of Europe.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, RamenRaven said:

Russians typically stick to the beach-type tourist traps in Pattaya and Phuket. They don't enjoy going off the beaten path.

You almost never find them in the interior north or in Isan. It's typically NW Europeans who go there.

Of course based on Russia's geography people crave the beach but I think a bigger factor is favoring places where there are lots of other Russians for support and networking reasons.

Holy Buddha, they're freakin' everywhere ...

... IN THE HOUSE ????

Damn Ruskie on my veranda ... and hell yea, we got into it.

Called my an idiot for believing the western propaganda ...

... after he saw the Stoli in the frig ... ????

Jokin' aside, seemed like a normal enough comrade to me.  Dating one of the wife's friends, and having a get together at the house.

Did we talk politics ... HE

Politics, religion, I just don't care.  Though if Russia for or simply not against the UA conflict, then I guess we'd agree on the subject.

Tall, thin, lanky fella, and actually thought he was French (not sure why), till he talked.  Not the Ruskie mob muscle head bouncer build you see on TV.

Edited by KhunLA

19 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Holy Buddha, they're freakin' everywhere ...

... IN THE HOUSE ????

Damn Ruskie on my veranda ... and hell yea, we got into it.

Called my an idiot for believing the western propaganda ...

... after he saw the Stoli in the frig ... ????

Jokin' aside, seemed like a normal enough comrade to me.  Dating one of the wife's friends, and having a get together at the house.

Did we talk politics ... HE

Politics, religion, I just don't care.  Though if Russia for or simply not against the UA conflict, then I guess we'd agree on the subject.

Tall, thin, lanky fella, and actually thought he was French (not sure why), till he talked.  Not the Ruskie mob muscle head bouncer build you see on TV.

in your house?....  you do live dangerously 555

• Haha 1

I shouldn't complain about the Russians, after all, I first found out about Pattaya while living in Russia. There were 3 places that Rusdians flocked to: Pattaya, Antalya, and Sharm El-Sheik. So, I just followed them.

Aeroflot had a great flight from Moscow to Bangkok, leave at 10 pm, arrive in the morning. The problem was the flight back, which was in day time, on an IL-96 over the Himalayas, problematic for that plane.

As I have stated before, I expect many Russians to stay in Thailand for the duration of the war. When the money and visas run out, then you will hear about problems with Russians.