Lazada - Does this seller seem legit?

JimmyJ

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

The way I understand it you look on Lazada for the item you want.

You see it and order it through Lazada which is simply a clearing house. They forward the order to the seller.

The seller then fills the order and gets his preferred shipper to deliver the package to you.

You understand wrong.

Lazada chooses the delivery company, not the seller.

Edited by BritManToo

7 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

How would you know? he may have copied the lazada logo and the courier company don't care, the parcel label states the contents are what you ordered on Lazada, the weight is about right and the courier won't let you open it till you've paid.  If you open the parcel in front of the courier, he is not going to give you your money back, he's not allowed to.  You have to file a complaint with the courier company and hope they don't pay the scammer too quickly, the scammer usually picks a courier company that release funds to him immediately the courier has a POD.

Expand and see above, Where your process goes wrong is when the seller is a crook, the courier has paid the seller who disappears into the wide blue yonder with your money.

More whataboutery and less facts.

If you don't want to pay COD, then simply don't order COD.

For those among us who prefer paying COD, we will continue to do so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You understand wrong.

Lazada arranges the shipment, and chooses the delivery company.

It really doesn't matter who chooses the delivery company, they are not responsible for the contents of the package, only that it is delivered.

They would have no interest in the contents, simply the weight, size and delivery address.

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

More whataboutery and less facts.

If you don't want to pay COD, then simply don't order COD.

For those among us who prefer paying COD, we will continue to do so.

"Whataboutery"??

My post was filled with facts, specifically a very detailed description about how the scam works.  You can't be scammed if you don't pay COD, Lazada has your back.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

"Whataboutery"??

My post was filled with facts, specifically a very detailed description about how the scam works.  You can't be scammed if you don't pay COD, Lazada has your back.

But ALL of those "facts" were from your own experience and NOT that of other people.

So I either take your words as the truth and deny that my words are the truth, or simply ignore you as somebody who cannot and will not accept that other people have a completely different view to yours.

From what I have read in this thread so far, it is only you claiming that COD is a scam.

I put in an order on Sunday morning for a 5lb bag of whole wheat flour, COD, and it was delivered around 5:30pm on Monday evening.

Now I am waiting for a keyboard to be delivered and it will probably arrive tomorrow and once again I will pay COD. I even spoke to the seller on Sunday, and he is happy that it is paid COD.

• Like 1

COD is not a scam, if customer purchase within Lazada, and follow shipping in Lazada app or website.

Some people had bad experience because parcel was sent outside Lazada. Had customer followed order in Lazada update, customer would see it was never sent. Parcel should been declined.

Lazada choose what courier to use, seller have no saying in this. Don't believe? Call Lazada and ask.

Customer are not allowed to open and inspect parcel, before payment. Some succeed doing it, but the rule are pay first. Don't believe? Call Lazada and ask.

Always video record opening of parcel, proof if anything else was sent.

Surprised how many people who still order online, now in the new normal times. So much rubbish products, from other countries.

Quality of couriers seems to go downhill, many can't read delivery instructions, nor respect request to deliver early or late, in city center area.

I'm done with online shopping. Have better things to do, than wait for courier all day from 8 am to 9 pm.

Lazada still haven't implemented time-slot delivery option, ignoring many customers request.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

But ALL of those "facts" were from your own experience and NOT that of other people.

You really didn't read my post did you?

I explained it was another forum member who was scammed this way, his name is LALes and this is the post 

9 hours ago, Shop mak said:

COD is not a scam, if customer purchase within Lazada, and follow shipping in Lazada app or website.

Some people had bad experience because parcel was sent outside Lazada. Had customer followed order in Lazada update, customer would see it was never sent. Parcel should been declined.

Lazada choose what courier to use, seller have no saying in this. Don't believe? Call Lazada and ask.

Customer are not allowed to open and inspect parcel, before payment. Some succeed doing it, but the rule are pay first. Don't believe? Call Lazada and ask.

Always video record opening of parcel, proof if anything else was sent.

Surprised how many people who still order online, now in the new normal times. So much rubbish products, from other countries.

Quality of couriers seems to go downhill, many can't read delivery instructions, nor respect request to deliver early or late, in city center area.

I'm done with online shopping. Have better things to do, than wait for courier all day from 8 am to 9 pm.

Lazada still haven't implemented time-slot delivery option, ignoring many customers request.

Nobody is saying all COD is a scam, just that the risks are higher because it's not Lazada who are holding your money, it's a courier and some of them release it immediately you sign POD.  You are right in saying that Lazada do provide the tools to check that the parcel was shipped through lazada but how many of us check the lazada app when the courier is at the door?  I can't realistically expect my maid to call me and get me to check the app because she is stood in front of a courier and if I am out dining with my friends I don't want the intrusion.  I prefer Lazada to hold my money, I have returned around a dozen items and have never been let down by them, from fake good to poor quality or broken merchandise. 

I am a seller on Lazada and I can tell you that I have no choice in the courier, Lazada allocate a courier and ask me to print a shipping label already filled out with seller, buyer, courier's house waybill number etc and take it to that courier.

Sometimes there is no choice but to use Lazada or Shopee, we had a toilet seat break and none of the DIY stores here carried Bathline any more and the only place I could get it was online.  Lazada was the only place I could buy a Christmas pudding and sage & onion stuffing for Christmas Day, 2 dozen LED lightbulbs delivered yesterday at a third of the price they are in the shops here.  I don't have to worry about trying to bully a courier into breaking his company's rules and letting me open the goods first and rest safe letting my maid sign for goods knowing that Lazada won't pay the merchant for a few days giving me time to request a return.  For those of us with teenagers, did they order COD? good luck calling them to ask if they ordered it and to check it was shipped on Lazada, it's hard enough getting them to answer their phones!

I have an implied contract with Lazada who care about their reputation, I have no contract whatsoever with a courier.

COD carries risks that just aren't there with non COD.

• Like 2

And the only reason I ordered COD was to be able to check the package when it arrived to make sure it was what I ordered.  However, the courier wouldn't let me open the package.  It was wrapped with Lazada tape in a Lazada box so I figured it was OK.  It was not.  Lesson learned.  Don't accept any COD package without first checking to see if Lazada says it was shipped.

21 minutes ago, LALes said:

Don't accept any COD package without first checking to see if Lazada says it was shipped.

Even that isn't safe, if the seller ships two packages, a fake one first and another real Lazada package filled with a toilet roll on the morning he expects the fake to be delivered.

The only safe way is non COD.

• Haha 1

This is from Lazada tracking this morning

Delivery Partner: Flash Express

Courier 

22 Feb 08:46

Out for Redelivery

Flash Express will attempt to deliver your parcel today! [เมืองกำแพงเพชร]

21 Feb 21:36

We are sorry the delivery today was unsuccessful

Due to recipient reschedule. You will be contacted by Flash Express for next attempt within 1-2 days. [เมืองกำแพงเพชร]

21 Feb 09:08

Out for Delivery

Flash Express will attempt to deliver your parcel today! Here are some important notes about delivery! [เมืองกำแพงเพชร]

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 4:14 PM, JBChiangRai said:

You’re missing the point.

When something is sent to you COD it may not have been sent through the Lazada platform.  The seller may ship COD direct (he is given your name and address)  and cancel your order on the Lazada platform just before timeout, Lazada can’t handle a return because there is no corresponding sale for them to process.  This is currently the leading COD scam.

I have returned lots of things and always been refunded, but all paid non COD.

I don't know what you are missing,  definitely something.

I have been with lazada for about a decade,  only ever ordered by COD. I have had many an order cancelled by the seller, you would need to explain how that scam works when nothing has been paid out. If you order by any other method and the seller cancels you have to make a claim to get your money back.

If you are trying to say that some may send you something then cancel the order to try and catch you out you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Certainly not a leading scam

Receiving goods is down to the recipiant and with no experience of COD you will be unaware of the need for someone to pay the courier. In order to facilitate payment I would think that most people like myself would track the package so arrangement can be made. You wouldn't receive an "out for delivery" message on a non existant order. Apart from that the drivers do not speak English and normally show me their phone.

We get 2/3 deliveries a day and never been any real problem. My brother in law prepays and sometimes they just throw it over the gate. A lot to be said for COD.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I don't know what you are missing,  definitely something.

I have been with lazada for about a decade,  only ever ordered by COD. I have had many an order cancelled by the seller, you would need to explain how that scam works when nothing has been paid out. If you order by any other method and the seller cancels you have to make a claim to get your money back.

If you are trying to say that some may send you something then cancel the order to try and catch you out you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Certainly not a leading scam

Receiving goods is down to the recipiant and with no experience of COD you will be unaware of the need for someone to pay the courier. In order to facilitate payment I would think that most people like myself would track the package so arrangement can be made. You wouldn't receive an "out for delivery" message on a non existant order. Apart from that the drivers do not speak English and normally show me their phone.

We get 2/3 deliveries a day and never been any real problem. My brother in law prepays and sometimes they just throw it over the gate. A lot to be said for COD.

Did you read this post?

This scam can only work with COD, I have sent back lots of items, Lazada always resolves it successfully because they are holding the money, we don't use COD, we don't need to track the package, there are 4 people in this household we all use Lazada, COD would be frought with issues checking who has ordered what and when it's due to arrive.

I can't think of a scam that works with non COD, perhaps you can?

I have checked, I don't seem to be missing anything, what are you missing?

On 2/21/2023 at 6:36 PM, JBChiangRai said:

How would you know? he may have copied the lazada logo and the courier company don't care, the parcel label states the contents are what you ordered on Lazada, the weight is about right and the courier won't let you open it till you've paid.  If you open the parcel in front of the courier, he is not going to give you your money back, he's not allowed to.  You have to file a complaint with the courier company and hope they don't pay the scammer too quickly, the scammer usually picks a courier company that release funds to him immediately the courier has a POD.

Expand and see above, Where your process goes wrong is when the seller is a crook, the courier has paid the seller who disappears into the wide blue yonder with your money.

I am sure that the seller will have a great time running off and wildly spending my 643 baht.

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

This is from Lazada tracking this morning

Delivery Partner: Flash Express

Courier 

22 Feb 08:46

Out for Redelivery

Flash Express will attempt to deliver your parcel today! [เมืองกำแพงเพชร]

21 Feb 21:36

We are sorry the delivery today was unsuccessful

Due to recipient reschedule. You will be contacted by Flash Express for next attempt within 1-2 days. [เมืองกำแพงเพชร]

21 Feb 09:08

Out for Delivery

Flash Express will attempt to deliver your parcel today! Here are some important notes about delivery! [เมืองกำแพงเพชร]

My package was delivered yesterday evening around 5:45 pm and I am at the end of a long line.

I paid the courier and he watched me open the package and confirm that I got what I ordered and paid for COD.

On 2/22/2023 at 7:49 AM, LALes said:

And the only reason I ordered COD was to be able to check the package when it arrived to make sure it was what I ordered.  However, the courier wouldn't let me open the package.  It was wrapped with Lazada tape in a Lazada box so I figured it was OK.  It was not.  Lesson learned.  Don't accept any COD package without first checking to see if Lazada says it was shipped.

On their website lazada states the recipient is not allowed to open the parcel before handing over payment to their courrier.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 4:44 PM, LTHAI said:

Lazada used to be excellent but not anymore.  In the past couple of months I've had several shipments arrive - one seriously damaged and unusable, another damaged and two containing fake products when the advertisement clearly showed and promoted genuine product and it was not true.    Always tell them pay upon arrival and when it does arrive fully inspected for you pay.  Remind experience is Lazara was 100% reliable and now is Maybe 40%.

Despite the added freight cost and finding buying products from Amazon direct not an Amazon sub seller gives me real product and it's worth the extra money not to have the hassle of Lazada allowing companies to ship fake and defective product.

AFAIK, and I have been using COD for Lazada for a long time, you can't open and inspect packages before you pay.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 8:14 AM, JBChiangRai said:

Even that isn't safe, if the seller ships two packages, a fake one first and another real Lazada package filled with a toilet roll on the morning he expects the fake to be delivered.

The only safe way is non COD.

Rubbish. Been using COD with Lazada for years, never received something I never ordered. Have returned items because of poor quality or fake, but always got a refund.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Rubbish. Been using COD with Lazada for years, never received something I never ordered. Have returned items because of poor quality or fake, but always got a refund.

Unfortunately, not everyone has been as lucky as you, which you'd know if you read the full thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Unfortunately, not everyone has been as lucky as you, which you'd know if you read the full thread.

If you didn't receive what you ordered you would notify Lazada immediately. I have found them to be more than cooperative when it comes to refunds. The kind of scams that have been mentioned would be as rare as hens teeth.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Did you read this post?

This scam can only work with COD, I have sent back lots of items, Lazada always resolves it successfully because they are holding the money, we don't use COD, we don't need to track the package, there are 4 people in this household we all use Lazada, COD would be frought with issues checking who has ordered what and when it's due to arrive.

I can't think of a scam that works with non COD, perhaps you can?

I have checked, I don't seem to be missing anything, what are you missing?

You are scaremongering on the back of hearsay, and then have the arrogance to call people "mugs".

If the post you are pedalling is legit, the person who made the post thought the same as you "we don't need to track the package" and look what happened.

Absolutely nothing to do with payment methods, people have to accept responsibility for their actions, or lack of them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, sandyf said:

If the post you are pedalling is legit, the person who made the post thought the same as you "we don't need to track the package" and look what happened.

Absolutely nothing to do with payment methods, people have to accept responsibility for their actions, or lack of them.

I have no reason to doubt his post is legit, do you?  

It's not always practical to track deliveries especially in a large household with multiple buyers.  We agree on bearing responsibility for one's actions, I have never heard of a successful scam where lazada are holding the funds but have referenced one where a courier is holding the funds.  Why take the risk if there is a risk free way ?

I think you mistook intelligence for arrogance, why does that not surprise me.