Lazada - Does this seller seem legit?

JimmyJ

Ta-To.com who state "We are Thailand’s largest online contact lens retailer"

has 1 box (6 lenses) of the Contact Lenses I want for 1,045 B, free shipping.

Checked Lazada, several people selling the same for about 690 - 713B.

Have previously purchased only once from Lazada, but

I've read with interest many previous Lazada threads re:fakes, scam sellers, etc., so I checked the Lazada store selling for 713B plus ~35B shipping.

"Look Ka Ta" - 3+ years on Lazada, seller rating 99% based on 6212 responses.

So I'm familiar with the "If it's too good to be true on Lazada" warning  mantra, but a seller with a posted excellent rating, good amount of time on Lazada, many rated him.

Real or not?

ALSO - 

One odd thing about the Lazada seller - usually the seller's rating will show 3 percentages - for Chat Response, Shipping Time, and Overall. 

But Lazada is only showing a single percentage for this seller which is apparently his overall rating.

Anyone know why that would be?

Edited by JimmyJ

Make sure you read the 3-2-1 star reviews, and return policy.

Being a 'LAZmall' vendor helps also with returns.

5* reviews can be;

... looks great, now need to test 

... terrible, returned

1* also can be misrepresented as some don't know how to rate:

... tested and great product.

I like the ones ,,, 3* stating, tested, as described, but found cheaper elsewhere.  Definitely compare photos of received with promo.

• Like 2

Lazada used to be excellent but not anymore.  In the past couple of months I've had several shipments arrive - one seriously damaged and unusable, another damaged and two containing fake products when the advertisement clearly showed and promoted genuine product and it was not true.    Always tell them pay upon arrival and when it does arrive fully inspected for you pay.  Remind experience is Lazara was 100% reliable and now is Maybe 40%.

Despite the added freight cost and finding buying products from Amazon direct not an Amazon sub seller gives me real product and it's worth the extra money not to have the hassle of Lazada allowing companies to ship fake and defective product.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's not his to check until he's paid for it.

Maybe but my wife checks things before paying and if they won't let her check it she says to the delivery guy you can have the hassle of taking it back then. 

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I must be a mug then. In over 4 years of buying through Lazada, 2 or 3 times a month, and paying COD for about 95% of the time, I have only had 2 wrong deliveries.

Both of them were wrong because I ordered the wrong thing.

How many COD orders have YOU made to Lazada, paying COD and got the wrong item?

You order COD, the parcel arrives, it’s about the right size and weight, the courier won’t let you open it until you pay, and you pay only to find it’s a toilet roll. Lazada tell you that you completed the sale off their platform and they can’t help you.

Actually you did complete the sale off their platform, and Lazada are correct.

Can you work out how the scam was perpetrated?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You order COD, the parcel arrives, it’s about the right size and weight, the courier won’t let you open it until you pay, and you pay only to find it’s a toilet roll. Lazada tell you that you completed the sale off their platform and they can’t help you.

Actually you did complete the sale off their platform, and Lazada are correct.

Can you work out how the scam was perpetrated?

Never happened to me so your, answer is no.

Usually the delivery drivers waits whilst I pay him and if I want to I can ask him to wait while I open the box after I have paid him.

I will repeat my question that you failed to answer.

How many COD orders have YOU made to Lazada, paying COD and got the wrong item?

Do you think that you will be able to answer it this time?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

The answer to your question is 1.

My maid signed and paid for a parcel when nobody was here. I hadn’t ordered it, neither had my 2 daughters, but we typically get 2 or 3 deliveries weekly. So she thought she was being helpful.

The courier wouldn’t let her open it first, it was a stone wrapped in toilet roll.  The courier wouldn’t refund her and told her to talk to the office.  So we now have a rule, nobody in my household orders COD, all COD arrivals are rejected.

I have sold an item on Lazada, they gave me the buyers name and address and told me to take the item to Flash with a label I had to print, if I didn’t and shipped something same size and weight COD, you would probably sign for it and you’ve just completed the sale off the lazada platform, actually this is the most common lazada scam.  Never trust COD, it’s a mugs game.

1 item in how many, and over how many years?

And you didn't even sign for it yourself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Your wife displays an odd, arrogant attitude, then, putting the delivery driver, who has nothing to do with the implementation of the "pay for COD first" policy and is required to collect payment upfront, in a difficult, possibly job-threatening position.  

You have a werid way of looking at this

the driver and the delivery company are acting on behalf of the seller

when the seller selects a delivery service to delivery items on their behalf the delivery company will be informed that this is a COD delivery if the delivery company doesn't want to handle that type of delivery they do have the option of simply saying no thanks to the seller we prefer not to handle COD types of delivery

As for the buyer there is nothing wrong with the buyer requesting to the driver that they open the item in front of the driver to ensure the item is what they have ordered and it hasn't been damaged during the shipping process in fact most sellers do ask the buyers to video the opening of the package

• Like 1

Whenever I buy critical things, like dietary supplements or OTC meds, I compare the Lazada price with the international/US price. If the price is too good to be true I don't buy. For the kind of things I buy, Lazada has fared better by this test than Shopee. Hence I buy from Lazada rather than from Shopee.

The biggest pain in the neck is when you have delivery guys who phone you each evening for days on end to say "will come tomorrow".

I only do COD. If something goes wrong, I prefer Lazada to hang on to some limited cash of mine rather than to my credit card.

Edited by JackGats
  • Like 1

The ratings on Lazada are very often not worth a toss! For example I ordered 2 Logitech mice recently and received a pack of 5 batteries instead, When I spoke to the seller he insisted that I got what I ordered and paid for and then proceeded to insult me, I took it up with Lazada, who confirmed that I was in the right and promised me a refund.
I gave the seller a 1 star review, which was surprisingly his 1st bad review, all the rest were 4 and 5 star. I had to wait a couple of weeks, as the seller eventually agreed the refund, but took his time to process it through Lazada,

Once I'd received the refund, I understood why this charlatan didn't have any bad reviews. Lazada took down my review, which was obviously part of the deal in getting him to refund.

Edited by delgarcon

18 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I can only assume you have never made any returns, if you had you would know Lazada do not tell you anything as it is automated process.

I have made many and never failed to be refunded. In several cases I have been refunded without having to return what I didn't want.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

the driver and the delivery company are acting on behalf of the seller

when the seller selects a delivery service to delivery items on their behalf the delivery company will be informed that this is a COD delivery

Lazada chooses the delivery company.

The seller has no choice in whom to use.

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I can only assume you have never made any returns, if you had you would know Lazada do not tell you anything as it is automated process.

I have made many and never failed to be refunded. In several cases I have been refunded without having to return what I didn't want.

You’re missing the point.

When something is sent to you COD it may not have been sent through the Lazada platform.  The seller may ship COD direct (he is given your name and address)  and cancel your order on the Lazada platform just before timeout, Lazada can’t handle a return because there is no corresponding sale for them to process.  This is currently the leading COD scam.

I have returned lots of things and always been refunded, but all paid non COD.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I have had to return lots of items, from fake phones to broken goods, it's never an issue when Lazada are holding your money, I have no idea how much trouble I would have had if they were COD.  I would rather Lazada hold my money than a courier.

So based on your position everybody who pays COD is a mug.

Based on my position they are not.

The way I understand it you look on Lazada for the item you want.

You see it and order it through Lazada which is simply a clearing house. They forward the order to the seller.

The seller then fills the order and gets his preferred shipper to deliver the package to you.

The shipper then collects the package from the seller, already packed and sealed. He has no interest in the contents. He then delivers the package, still sealed to his local depot, who then ship it to the central system who in turn deliver it, still sealed, to the nearest depot to you.

They in turn deliver the package to you, still sealed, and you pay them.

When you open the package and the contents are not what you ordered, the fault is not that of the shipping company, and they quite reasonably want the money for the unopened item, at which point it becomes your property as you have paid for it.

If there is a problem with the contents you should first complain to Lazada as they are who you ordered the item through and the complaint is with Lazada and the supplier and NOT with the shipper.

If the package is damaged in any way then take photos and refuse to accept the package and then complain to Lazada with the photos.

That I understand easily, is nothing to do with the shipper. but the wrong stuff shipped, whether you pay COD or direct to Lazada, is nothing to do with the shipper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

If it isn't 'shipped' in the Lazada platform, why would you accept delivery?

How would you know? he may have copied the lazada logo and the courier company don't care, the parcel label states the contents are what you ordered on Lazada, the weight is about right and the courier won't let you open it till you've paid.  If you open the parcel in front of the courier, he is not going to give you your money back, he's not allowed to.  You have to file a complaint with the courier company and hope they don't pay the scammer too quickly, the scammer usually picks a courier company that release funds to him immediately the courier has a POD.

56 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So based on your position everybody who pays COD is a mug.

Based on my position they are not.

The way I understand it you look on Lazada for the item you want.

You see it and order it through Lazada which is simply a clearing house. They forward the order to the seller.

The seller then fills the order and gets his preferred shipper to deliver the package to you.

(The seller doesn't choose the courier company in a Lazada transaction but he does choose if he's a scammer)

The shipper then collects the package from the seller, already packed and sealed.

(The seller never prints the Lazada shipping label, he puts a toilet roll in a box and prints his own label and takes it to a courier and sends it you COD)

He has no interest in the contents. He then delivers the package, still sealed to his local depot,

(No, see above)

Who then ship it to the central system who in turn deliver it, still sealed, to the nearest depot to you.

They in turn deliver the package to you, still sealed, and you pay them.

When you open the package and the contents are not what you ordered, the fault is not that of the shipping company, and they quite reasonably want the money for the unopened item, at which point it becomes your property as you have paid for it.

(The courier has your money and POD, it triggers a release of funds to the scammer seller)

If there is a problem with the contents you should first complain to Lazada as they are who you ordered the item through and the complaint is with Lazada and the supplier and NOT with the shipper.

(Lazada cancel the order because it wasn't shipped in time by the seller, complaining to Lazada will get you nowhere as you bought off the Lazada platform).

56 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If the package is damaged in any way then take photos and refuse to accept the package and then complain to Lazada with the photos.

(You can't open the package until you've paid and signed for it)

That I understand easily, is nothing to do with the shipper. but the wrong stuff shipped, whether you pay COD or direct to Lazada, is nothing to do with the shipper.

(This scam only works when you pay COD and it's already been complained about by another member who got taken in)

Expand and see above, Where your process goes wrong is when the seller is a crook, the courier has paid the seller who disappears into the wide blue yonder with your money.

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Haha 2