Booking required for DL renewal at Bangkok DLT 3?

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a bummer.

Previously it was just once.

You best address the certificate of residence. Think to make the appointment you will need to have your paperwork ready. 

That could mean medical and residence certificate. 

The rest is simple.

You mentioned earlier above that you have someone that can obtain that for you.

I'm not aware of an agent that can do that in Bangkok.

I'm also in process of doing the same. The residence certificate alone can take 2 weeks received via mail. 

Well actually I decided to get the residence certificate from my embassy because that means that I get it right away so I will do that and go to check Chatuchak DLT on the same trip. This should then speed up the process because I don't need to wait longer for the residence certificate. 

If something goes wrong tomorrow, then I will use the BSR Bike also. They seem very friendly and responsive. Thanks again for the tip DrJack. I mean I kind of decided to use them anyway but thought of just going to check tomorrow if I could get an appointment for a decent date myself. BSR said at Chatuchack DLT the queue is now a few weeks, which would be fine for me considering I don't need the renewal before the end of March.

Of course if I'm extremely lucky I might be able to get it done as a walk in tomorrow but that's probably a bit too wishful thinking haha.

6 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Well actually I decided to get the residence certificate from my embassy because that means that I get it right away so

You must have a good embassy.

For example Oz embassy requires an appointment and that obviously has a time lag.

Be aware that not all embassies provide letter.

Oz embassy being just one example of not supplying letter. 

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You must have a good embassy.

For example Oz embassy requires an appointment and that obviously has a time lag.

Be aware that not all embassies provide letter.

Oz embassy being just one example of not supplying letter. 

Yes it's exceptional these days. I have dual nationality and my other embassy won't provide the letter. The other one does and used them last time too.

Let's see how it goes. I will let you guys know what they say at Chatuchak DLT. Hope they don't just laugh me out of there. Oh well, if that happens then I'll go with BSR the next day.

On 2/20/2023 at 11:16 AM, ChomDo said:

Yes you have given plenty of useful info, thanks. I'm trying to reach the agents to find out what the earliest available time would be. If it goes into April, I will have to just try the walk in at a few different DLTs because I'm planning on driving down south in the end of March. Also, I drive daily so having my DL expire would be bad. 

I could have started to prepare earlier of course but I could not imagine that there would be this chaos again. Thought the appointment system was only for covid times.

just buy them.. done..

On 2/19/2023 at 12:11 AM, Luuk Chaai said:

I used Fat Boy's  Onut Soi 17    2 times    fatboys motorbike rentals onnut

the only thing they do not do is take the physical test for you ..  fantastic service....

and the  attending agents,,  wow !

Expand  

I'm trying to reach them to see what's the soonest time they would have. Tried Line for two branches and calling the Ekkamai branch but no response yet. 

facebook messenger  gets a real fast response

1 hour ago, Luuk Chaai said:
  On 2/19/2023 at 12:11 AM, Luuk Chaai said:

I used Fat Boy's  Onut Soi 17    2 times    fatboys motorbike rentals onnut

the only thing they do not do is take the physical test for you ..  fantastic service....

and the  attending agents,,  wow !

Expand  

I'm trying to reach them to see what's the soonest time they would have. Tried Line for two branches and calling the Ekkamai branch but no response yet. 

facebook messenger  gets a real fast response

Same for me, no response on Line or by calling.

If you have the required paperwork, I recommend just going to Mo Chit DLT since they seem to have available times even for the next day. There was a special desk for foreigners where they even spoke English so I really don't know what the agents can do to help. I mean I was going to use an agent too because I thought they could get me an appointment time quicker and I would have to go only once but they told me have to go twice and queue at Mo Chit 2-3 weeks so dunno. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChomDo said:

. The thing is that my certificate of address is not for the same passport as my visa and it's always been like that

You mentioned 2 passports earlier in thread.

At that stage you also seemed to indicate that you did not have equivalent of certificate of residence from embassy.

Of course the passport info with current permission of stay would need to match up with embassy providing proof of address.

So how did you obtain letter from embassy today on way to DLT.

What does this mean....

"I recommend just going to Mo Chit DLT since they seem to have available times even for the next day"....

Next day for what? 

Document check to book appointment.

Surely not actual day to obtain license renewal. 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You mentioned 2 passports earlier in thread.

At that stage you also seemed to indicate that you did not have equivalent of certificate of residence from embassy.

Of course the passport info with current permission of stay would need to match up with embassy providing proof of address.

So how did you obtain letter from embassy today on way to DLT.

What does this mean....

"I recommend just going to Mo Chit DLT since they seem to have available times even for the next day"....

Next day for what? 

Document check to book appointment.

Surely not actual day to obtain license renewal. 

Yes I have two passports from different EU countries and my visa is in the other one and certificate of address is for the other passport. This is because the other embassy won't provide the letter but the other one does. DLT Mo Chit didn't even want to try to understand it but it's always been fine at DLT 3. It should make no difference to them as long as your address is proven. The lady at DLT Mo Chit was grumpy from the start and turned her head to any complications.

So I hope that explained it: obtained letter of address yesterday from other passports embassy but visa is in the other passport. Have done it before and all fine.

You were asking "what next day?" So as I said DLT Mo Chit has available appointment times for the next day. The offered me a time on Feb 22 (today) but I didn't want to go the next day again so I took Feb 28. Then it was cancelled by the other lady because of the hassle explained above. It's a very simple system - you just show your papers outside in the "Foreigners line" and then choose an appointment date by writing your name, passport number and phone number in the schedule list. So yes I would have gotten my actual licence done the next day, if it wasn't for the grumpy lady's bad day.

• Like 1