Multiple entry NON-O London

Hi all,

I want to apply for a multiple entry NON-0 from London to visit my wife and child. I just want to confirm this option is available from London as I know they were only issuing single entry for a while. If anyone has got the multi entry from London recently please let me know, is the process easy enough? . I appreciate your help 

Kind regards 

That’s correct.

My previous visa extension ran out last year; then I had to get a new passport and I entered Thailand in December on a tourist visa.

Unfortunately, the visa came with one wrong digit in the passport number and although I was stamped in for 60 days at the airport, I was refused an extension at CW and found out too late that there is an office in Bangkok that will correct a fault in a visa.

So, I returned to London, wrote to the embassy to point out the mistake and applied for the Non-O 12 month multi-entry visa, and received it.

44 minutes ago, Londinium said:

So, I returned to London, wrote to the embassy to point out the mistake and applied for the Non-O 12 month multi-entry visa, and received it

That is a very unusual visa.

I'm aware that in the past a ME Non O based on retirement was available from Savannakhet.

Never actually spoken to anyone that obtained one.

Don't think is now available at Savannakhet.

You obtain ed one via eVisa (London) well done! 

Certainly not available everywhere.

Edited by DrJack54

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That is a very unusual visa.

I'm aware that in the past a ME Non O based on retirement was available from Savannakhet.

Never actually spoken to anyone that obtained one.

Don't think is now available at Savannakhet.

You obtain ed one via eVisa (London) well done! 

Certainly not available everywhere.

This is the second time I have heard of a UK citizen getting one via the e-visa site. Funnily enough, on the other occasion, the applicant had intended applying for an METV. The bank statements submitted were apparently sufficient to qualify for the multiple entry Non O (retirement) and they provided that instead.

Years ago, anyone in receipt of a UK state pension could get a multiple Non O, but that went away when the e-visa system was introduced.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

This is the second time I have heard of a UK citizen getting one via the e-visa site. Funnily enough, on the other occasion, the applicant had intended applying for an METV. The bank statements submitted were apparently sufficient to qualify for the multiple entry Non O (retirement) and they provided that instead.

Years ago, anyone in receipt of a UK state pension could get a multiple Non O, but that went away when the e-visa system was introduced.

Up until about 10 years ago I always used ME non O  visas and never had to show any financial requirements at all I could get them from Liverpool or Hull,  Then  when I was 49 years old I was refused and told I needed to be 50. The following year I was told they were no longer available. and the year after I think e-visas started and they were not offered ,    The E- visa website definitely indicates they are available now though.  however one of the listed requirements appears to be  the dreaded 40,000/400.000 health insurance,  although it is a sort of generic page and some of the other so called required documents are not always required, this issue can often be navigated by uploading a jpeg saying "not applicable"  

I've just booked a flight and will be needing a visa soon so I may give it a try 

14 minutes ago, Sam555 said:

Does the visa have an "enter before" date like it used to? I remember the paper visa in the passport used to have to be used 90 days after issue date.

"Visa must be used by" in the screenshot @Londiniumposted. 1 year for a multi-entry Non-O visa, not 90 days.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi, very interesting thread!

I visited the website (https://www.thaievisa.go.th/) and I am well acquainted with all Visa options/requirements, but the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs once again succeeded in confusing me now. 

When going to the page with the info about the Non Imm O Visa options/requirements < https://www.thaievisa.go.th/non-immigrant-o > the option to apply for reason of RETIREMENT is not mentioned.

So I presume that option probably becomes available once you register and start filling in the details on the Application form.

Question > When doing so will there be an option to specify that it is the Multiple Entry 1-year Non Imm O Visa you want to apply for, instead of the regular Single Entry 90-day one?

18 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hi, very interesting thread!

I visited the website (https://www.thaievisa.go.th/) and I am well acquainted with all Visa options/requirements, but the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs once again succeeded in confusing me now. 

When going to the page with the info about the Non Imm O Visa options/requirements < https://www.thaievisa.go.th/non-immigrant-o > the option to apply for reason of RETIREMENT is not mentioned.

So I presume that option probably becomes available once you register and start filling in the details on the Application form.

Question > When doing so will there be an option to specify that it is the Multiple Entry 1-year Non Imm O Visa you want to apply for, instead of the regular Single Entry 90-day one?

I thought they only issued single entry Non O visas based on retirement.

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Yes, I thought so too, but it seems from this thread that at least 2 applicants succeeded in acquiring a 1-year Multiple-Entry Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, via the UK Thai Embassy eVisa service. 

But it seems to be somewhat of a 'hidden' option, as neither the UK Thai Embassy site nor the official eVisa site, provide any information about this option (hence my question whether that option would be mentioned during the actual application process).  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Previously Savannakhet issued 

ME Non O retirement.

However don't think they are currently available.

Seems available eVisa from UK as mentioned in thread earlier. 

• Like 1

I'll just cut and paste this in here as well for info.....

I received an e-mail back from London (02May23), a lot of cut and paste but the essentials I was looking for/understand it to be ( but only intending July/Aug this summer )

Staying with family

Financial evidence showing savings....

£10000 multi Non-O 

£1000 single entry Non-o

e.g. Bank Statement, proof of earnings, for at least one month.

The Red bold Paragraph implies, non-B and non-O staying with family, it will be a single entry (Please do not submit multiple entries) The Visa fee is non-refundable. Which suggests to me, it still as I thought it was since June 2019, if you just go on the e-visa system and ask for a multi non-O, you will likely end up with a Single entry Non-O (£60) after applying for a Multi (£150). They are not saying absolutely you can't get a Multi. But they cannot and have no way of refunding the difference in the Visa fee if you end up with a SE.

Accommodation hotel booking for the first few nights will be acceptable (I presume that will be enough to get a initial TM30 in the system perhaps)

Looking ahead, I hope I can Get a Multi-non O, but can only get back to Thailand to see the wife, this year and till summer 2025, during the UK school holidays!

• Like 1

I've had this multi non-O from London a couple of times and am currently in Thailand on it. Cost £150.  Its clearly on the website. Showed money in a bank account and invitation letter from wife. No hotel bookings. Came through in under 5 days (this one was applied for in early Jan 2023).  Had one last year too. Its not new.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I've had this multi non-O from London a couple of times and am currently in Thailand on it. Cost £150.  Its clearly on the website.

Thanks for the info and confirmation that you were able to get a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage. 

But it is very strange - or should I say very Thai - that neither the UK Thai Embassy site nor the official eVisa site, provide any information or even mention that MulitpleEntry option.  From what you and other posters wrote it seems that that option only becomes visible when actually applying for your Visa and filling in the Form after having registered.

From what previous posters on this thread wrote it seems to be a somewhat 'Hit or Miss'  method to apply for a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa (for reason of marriage or for reason of retirement) using the eVisa site.

It would be helpful when other members here that did so, would share their experience irrespective whether they were successful or their application got refused. 

Also is it only the UK Thai Embassy that provides such 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa, or is this option now also available when you are a non-UK citizen and it is your home-country Thai Embassy that would issue the approved Visa.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Also is it only the UK Thai Embassy that provides such 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa, or is this option now also available when you are a non-UK citizen and it is your home-country Thai Embassy that would issue the approved Visa.

Australia only offers single entry but Ho Chi Minh offers Multi-entry for non-imm O  for Marriage (pity Retirement not covered)

https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a791

Screenshot_20230503-072419_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Definitely available from london , Once you select the non O option, a drop down menu gives the choice of single or multiple entry,

I emailed the embassy back in March to clarify the insurance requirements, as I found that a little confusing,  and they confirmed that no insurance is required for the ME non O and instructed me to disregard that section, but their reply was obviously based on marriage as they confirmed that a marriage certificate was required, so I emailed them again, stressing that I would be applying on the basis of "retirement"                 

It states  on the website that being over 50 and receiving a state pension is required, with evidence ie a pension statement, or 1 months bank statement ( i think)  showing pension payments but it does also kind of  indicate that  a lump sum would be  acceptable ( but no amount actually stated) with 3 months statements required as proof.

I am 62 so not yet officially   retired, neither do I qualify for a state pension, yet. So I also questioned this, telling them I had in excess of £20,000 in my current account and they confirmed that would be acceptable,  (Sorry I didn't ask what the minimum amount was)

Unfortunately I left things a bit late,   it was getting very close to my date of departure, and although their  reply was received in approximately 5 days or so my impatience got the better of me and I settled for a ME tourist visa before they replied to my email.

Another  point I did not clarify was if any entry on a ME non O, specifically the last one,  is eligible as the basis for a 12 month extension, based on retirement   or does it specifically need to be a single entry Non O for  that purpose?   Although that's  probably a question that is better directed at the local immigration office here.

Has anybody ever gone down that route 

Many thanks for this clear report of your experience with applying for that 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O eVisa for reason of retirement.

> Is it only available through the London Thai Embassy (so for UK residents only)?  

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Another  point I did not clarify was if any entry on a ME non O, specifically the last one,  is eligible as the basis for a 12 month extension, based on retirement   or does it specifically need to be a single entry Non O for  that purpose?   Although that's  probably a question that is better directed at the local immigration office here.

Has anybody ever gone down that route 

To answer your question > During the 'covid pandemic' period, many folks that were staying in Thailand on a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa (the large majority for reason of marriage), were unable - due to the quarantaine and lockdown mandates - to do their border-bounce after they had used up their in-country 30-day extensions and 60-day family-reason extensions.  

And so they had no choice - if not wanting to leave Thailand - but to apply at an Immigration Office for a 1-year extension based on that original ME Non Imm O Visa.

But some of them were then confronted with the inconsistency in how Thai Imm Offices interpret the rules.  In some Imm Offices it was no problem to do so when you met the financial requirements for your 1-year Extension of stay application.  But there were also several Imm Offices that were not so diligent, forcing those ME Non Imm O Visa holders to temporary relocate to a different province to get their 1-year extension application approved or to make use of a 'fixer' Visa agent that could arrange it for them. 

So yes, it should be possible but it would be recommended to enquire at your local Imm Office whether they allow it and if so whether they impose any additional requirements when going that route.

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks for the info and confirmation that you were able to get a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage. 

But it is very strange - or should I say very Thai - that neither the UK Thai Embassy site nor the official eVisa site, provide any information or even mention that MulitpleEntry option.  From what you and other posters wrote it seems that that option only becomes visible when actually applying for your Visa and filling in the Form after having registered.

Around about this time last year I found a London embassy web page listing fees, with a fee of £150 for a non-O ME visa.  So I basically 'played around' with my eVisa application until I found the ME option.  Same this year.  I can't remember the details of how I did it - it was basically 'click through everything until I find what I want'.  I think there are more than a few mistakes in the system - e.g. I think the health insurance for the tourist and Non-O is a reference to requiremeNt for cover for Covid, which was dropped some time ago.

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think it is available for most nationalities eligible to use the e-visa system. Possibly, it is not available for the Chinese. It is notable that the multiple entry Non O was not initially available through the e-visa system when first introduced. The original site was designed with China in mind.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Many thanks for this clear report of your experience with applying for that 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O eVisa for reason of retirement.

> Is it only available through the London Thai Embassy (so for UK residents only)?  

To be honest I have no idea , I'm a UK resident and I questioned the embassy in the UK ,  I have heard from several sources that the "multi entry tourist visa" is only available from  the "home country" of the applicant but I would  never assert that this is also the case with the "multiple entry non o"  as I am all too aware that   nothing can be taken for granted in any of these  matters 

However I cannot believe that this is only available in the UK , I'm thinking  it is most likely also available to most "1st world" countries but is possibly also difficult to spot on their evisa websites. I may be wrong but my advice would be for would be applicants to contact their embassies and ask,    

• Thanks 1