Top Thai virologist says 2023 is game over for COVID-19

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

It's not a "conspiracy theory", it's just political reality. The widespread political protests in 2020 came to an end due to covid restrictions and fearmongering and have never returned. Spreading fear discourages mass protests and makes people accept a "strong government" to keep them "safe".

How does reassuring people that the virus will end this year spread fear?

You're still unable to describe the actual mechanism by which this conspiracy theory works. The right like to just say "oh, it;s common sense" but can articulate nothing beyond that. As a sociologist, I'd like to know. It's beyond my ken.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

He is oddly specific in his prediction but who knows, maybe he's right.

Coronaviruses are circulating all the time and lumped in with the rest of the colds although they hit far above their weight in the percentage of infections they cause considering there's around 200 'things' considered common colds and only 4 coronaviruses are in general circulation, until 2020 that is.

I referred to COVID it as the birth of a new cold to much derision back in 2020 - but that's exactly what was beginning, it just needed a few years to build up a measure of global immunity and mutate into something less harmful. Both of these processes now appear to be near completion and yes, it will probably never completely disappear but I wouldn't rule that out either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Credo said:

You won't get an explanation because there are no plausible explanations for a conspiracy.  For them, the idea of 'controlling' people is paramount, so naturally wearing a mask can't have anything to do with minimizing the health risk to the general population, so they must be simply using this to control us.  Once we are trained, they will control other things.   

That argument might have sounded very clever in the middle of 2021 but most countries of the world have now ditched masking. All you're doing now is revealing yourself to be someone who slavishly follows authoritarian clowns like Prayuth.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1