Payment channels for Common fees and how to do it? Viewtalay, Pattaya.

Hello, 

This has probably been asked before! So please direct me to the correct thread if so.

I am trying to sort my fathers common bill for a condo in Viewtalay 2B, as he has become poorly and I will have to deal with the admin for the foreseeable future.

Previously he has paid in cash at the office down stairs, and a couple of times a Thai friend has done it as he has been in the UK when it needed paying.

I am at the condo now, but this time it seems to have changed and when I asked at the office they seemed to say that I could only pay the water bill part of the invoice, which before was a separate invoice.

There may have been confusion as I was also asking if I could pay by card (Mastercard), so they may still take cash? But thats not an option on the invoice.

On the invoice I can see the payment channels, but I cannot read Thai and a translation app I tried is not so good.

On the invoice payment pay-in slip I can see 3 possible payment channels.

1. Mobile banking/ QR code

2. A little round circle with an underlined K

3. ATM/ Internet banking- with many bank logos, including the symbol mentioned above.

These all come with the Biller ID and, I think, a fuller description of channel in Thai.

He has a Bangkok bank account, but not set up for internet banking (something I intend to set up once I have a handle on things). 

Does anyone have any information on these different payment options? Is it possible to send  a payment from a UK bank? Or will it have to be from a Thai bank?

Any advice much appreciated!

PS I realised jus before I posted that I could attach an image, so have done so below ????

IMG_20230221_111511_3.jpg

They definitely will accept cash for the common fees, a friend of mine who stays there paid cash no problem!

You can send the money from a Thai or Foreign Bank, from a Foreign Bank you would probably need to send Thai Baht?

Edited by mikeymike100
  • Like 1

Any of the options on the invoice involve a Thai bank. The Condo office would also accept cash. So long as you get the account details (swift code etc), you could transfer money from UK.

• Like 1

I always pay online via Bangkok Bank. I send them afterwards the transfer document via Line.

Anyhow. I don't think they care much where the money comes from as long as you pay all fees if it comes from abroad. Simply ask the management. 

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Non Thai bank no.

Try bringing the cash to the office and showing it. 

Not a great option but you could give the cash to a local with a Thai bank account and get them to pay by QR code.

As you already mentioned for the future best to get BBL i'net banking set up, makes things much easier and can be accessed anywhere in the world when a  payment is needed. Also provides a record. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Just make sure you get a receipt on something official looking. Ideally with the condo management co's details on it.

if they have access to condo's stationery they could produce official looking receipt as much as they want without depositing the cash into the condo's account

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, digbeth said:

if they have access to condo's stationery they could produce official looking receipt as much as they want without depositing the cash into the condo's account

I wouldn't care if they deposited it or not. I'd want at least some kind of proof that I handed the cash over to one of their staff.

• Like 1

This has been a problem for me, as I’ve been away from my condo for 3 years. I couldn’t even figure out how to contact the juristic office, and ended up paying the common fee through a lawyer’s office that I remembered was on the ground floor of the building. This worked well, and their charge was very reasonable. Luckily I’d already arranged an auto debit for the fixed electricity charge through my Bangkok Bank account, and had left enough money to cover the fixed water charge for a long time with the juristic office before leaving Thailand. 

The only remaining problem’s the tiny annual property tax, which is mailed each year. A friend staying at my condo for a short time paid one of these, but I don’t have any way of checking my mailbox for later statements, so hope I don’t have too much of a fine when I hopefully return to Thailand at the end of this year.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice...???? I took it back to the counter with cash and got an official receipt, that is the same as the last ones over the years form other bank transfers and cash payments, so all sorted for now. ????
We will set up online banking today with Bangkok bank... ????