UK Passport Renewal --documents required

15 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The agent I used to renew my sons said they would use their credit card if you didn’t have one and you paid them the cash. I suppose you could use a friends or relatives cards and give them the cash ?

Was the agents credit card from the UK? The op suggests 'the fee needs to be paid on a UK credit card' but I wonder what is the thinking behind this if true? Why does card have to come from UK?

3 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Was the agents credit card from the UK? The op suggests 'the fee needs to be paid on a UK credit card' but I wonder what is the thinking behind this if true? Why does card have to come from UK?

No idea as I used my own, the owner was a U.K. citizen so I assume he had one, the business is still ongoing but I believe being run by his partner, you would need to enquire with them.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:16 AM, Digitalbanana said:

Is this true? What about people who no longer have UK credit cards or any kind of UK card?

23 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Hence my question

I didn't use a credit card. I used a debit card. 

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I think it’s because the money has to be in GBP so there is no issues with fluctuating exchange rates of different currencies.

This makes no sense to me, people pay for stuff in UK pounds using a Thai credit cards every month. There must be many UK nationals who no longer have UK cards.

Edited by Digitalbanana
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 5:45 PM, Digitalbanana said:

This makes no sense to me, people pay for stuff in UK pounds using a Thai credit cards every month. There must be many UK nationals who no longer have UK cards.

I don't think it has to be a UK card. The amount will be taken from the card in GB pounds even if using a Thai card.