Visa Extension - Renewal Problem

19 hours ago, flexomike said:

visa exempt entry only requires the 800,000 in the bank on the day of application, extensions of existing visas have different rules

I agree.  I was not asked to prove the money came from overseas for my non O visa  is my point.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You also stated....

She just needed 

Passport pages copied, real passport to view and keep for two weeks

CW held onto your passport for two weeks? 

Nup. 

CW keeps your passport for two weeks after you apply for a non O visa.  You go back to CW and get your passport with the visa in the passport. The lady said she sends the passport to her supervisor and come back to get your passport in two weeks. Normal for a CW non O visa. 

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Never have left my passport at CW thru the process.  Arrived in the am, went to the desk with all needed paperwork and the extension of stay application, the IO reviewed it all, had me sit back outside the cubicle and awhile later I was called back in, signed some extra pages and then was given my passport back with the new extension inside. Never have I left my passport....something with your post is off.

If you applied for a non O visa you would have to leave your passport. If you apply for an extension of stay for one year you are correct. 

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You also stated....

She just needed 

Nup. 

You are one of the visa and extension experts on this forum.  Every person I know that applies for a non O visa at CW must leave their passport there for two weeks to get the visa. Not for extensions. But to get the actual non O 90 day visa you must leave your passport because it goes upstairs to get approval and it takes two weeks. 

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

You are one of the visa and extension experts on this forum.  Every person I know that applies for a non O visa at CW must leave their passport there for two weeks to get the visa. Not for extensions. But to get the actual non O 90 day visa you must leave your passport because it goes upstairs to get approval and it takes two weeks. 

This is recent? Hasn't always been the case?

20 hours ago, mokwit said:

This is recent? Hasn't always been the case?

Been at least the last two years. I helped a friend get a 90 day non O at Cw in 2021 and they held his passport two weeks. I helped a friend get a 90 day non O six months ago and they held his passport two weeks. I did mine two weeks ago and they held my passport. Before 2021 I don’t know. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2023 at 1:16 PM, Wake Up said:

On 2/26/2023 at 1:10 PM, Wake Up said:

CW keeps your passport for two weeks after you apply for a non O visa.  You go back to CW and get your passport with the visa in the passport. The lady said she sends the passport to her supervisor and come back to get your passport in two weeks. Normal for a CW non O visa. 

My apologies to DrJack and everyone. I am at CW and the immigration lady claimed she never kept my passport.  I know she did but I must now get a new usa passport. I am 100 percent sure it was the chief immigration lady at the C1-1 counter but nothing I can do but report my passport stolen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/25/2023 at 2:58 PM, DrJack54 said:

You also stated....

She just needed 

Nup. 

You are 100 percent correct and I am wrong. Please accept my apology ????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2023 at 12:29 PM, Wake Up said:

Been at least the last two years. I helped a friend get a 90 day non O at Cw in 2021 and they held his passport two weeks. I helped a friend get a 90 day non O six months ago and they held his passport two weeks. I did mine two weeks ago and they held my passport. Before 2021 I don’t know. 

I was wrong about this information and you do not leave your passport at CW for two weeks. My apologies to everyone ????

• Thumbs Up 1