Visa Extension - Renewal Problem

Simple solution: talk with a visa agent, they can fix most if not all problems.

I was anti agent myself, did all myself until I met problems with IO who clearly directed me to use agent.

Members here are clearly divided about use or avoid agents. End of the day, they can save you lots of time, travel and expences, see the full picture of options given already.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I thought immigration only need a 3mth statement, well that's what Trat want for Marriage extension. 

Believe your statement to be correct for "married extension", however retirement (which the OP is on) is a different kettle of fish with a requirement to maintain the 800k for 3 months after approval, have the 800k for 2 months before next application and a 400k minimum between.

• Thanks 1

I am the OP. The more people who reply, the muddier the waters become.  Can anyone provide a link stating the exact requirements for a Non-O visa ? And for the O-A visa too ? I've searched the Immigration site attached to the Pinned topic here, but couldn't find an answer to my questions.

Edited by allane
x

20 hours ago, allane said:

This morning, someone else phoned me to say they can't do it because the account has been closed

What type of account was it ?

Why didn't you ask your bank in Bangkok to transfer the account without closing it ? 

Immigration getting tough to all since they want to catch those who use agencies without fond in bank. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Simple solution: talk with a visa agent, they can fix most if not all problems.

I was anti agent myself, did all myself until I met problems with IO who clearly directed me to use agent.

Members here are clearly divided about use or avoid agents. End of the day, they can save you lots of time, travel and expences, see the full picture of options given already.

Can you send me a Private Message with contact information, and a guess as to cost ?

17 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Immigration getting tough to all since they want to catch those who use agencies without fond in bank.

Face value, this does seem to be what is going on. There are alternative explanations. I had to show a bank book to transfer stamps at CW. Agent told me all the counter staff had changed and someone posted that they were suddenly younger and English speaking.

Also we are seeing reentry permits which actually requires attendance in person under the law taking people's photos now.

23 minutes ago, The Theory said:

It happens when they see that someone moving around. They believe that those changing addresses happen by agencies and in fact the passport holder living in different province. 

This would explain why they are seemingly seeking further proof that you live at TM30 address, such as lease agreement, at the time you make your extension.

20 hours ago, connda said:

You need to get statement.  A bank book alone hasn't worked for quite a while.

Actually my IO refuses to accept statements and wll accept only bank book. Which is quite a hassle due to combined entries etc. 

But my office is renegade in  many respects.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, allane said:

it has never been possible to "transfer" a bank account from one branch to another.

Well, I've transferred a fixed account (bkkb) 2 times province to province, but it took about 3-4 weeks. I just went to a beach in different province and they kept my book and then when it was done they gave me the old book back + a new one.(the account never closed, only the book ended)  I was asked at immigration to show the old book as well at the time of extension renewal. 
I'm sorry for the trouble, perhaps you need to start over a new non-o.

Edited by The Theory

As many have suggested enlisting the help of an agent for one year should solve the problem and then next year you can go back to doing it yourself.  Contact a few agents and see what their pricing is.

I am a disorganized slob.  Sometimes I search for three hours to find something, figure I don't have it and then a year later I find it.  Usually old bank books have a hole punched through it.

It's also a possibility that an agent with special connections with Bangkok bank could get you the the printout you need.  Mot in Pattaya is one such agent.  Although her connection is with a local branch it is "possible" that branch could possibly intercede for you with the head office.

Good luck!

14 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

As many have suggested enlisting the help of an agent for one year should solve the problem and then next year you can go back to doing it yourself.  Contact a few agents and see what their pricing is.

I am a disorganized slob.  Sometimes I search for three hours to find something, figure I don't have it and then a year later I find it.  Usually old bank books have a hole punched through it.

It's also a possibility that an agent with special connections with Bangkok bank could get you the the printout you need.  Mot in Pattaya is one such agent.  Although her connection is with a local branch it is "possible" that branch could possibly intercede for you with the head office.

Good luck!

Thank you for the constructive, on-topic reply.  Can you, or anyone else, give me contact details for a reputable agent who may have dealt with a similar problem.  To anyone contemplating a reply.  Please read or re-read my Original Post before doing so.

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

As far as I can gather, annual bank statements are necessary and NOT just the bank book. Hence the many posts complaining that for example, Bkk Bank takes a week to provide the 12 month statements. That's my point.

But if you got away with it, good luck, and regards to the IO who bypassed the rules.

At CW I just got a non o visa from a visa exempt entry . I did not need a bank statement. Just a letter from the bank. I also did not have to prove the 800 k came from overseas.  

I had 800 k in my fixed bank account since September 2022 in Bangkok Bank. At the C counter the immigration lady was polite and courteous. 

she just needed 

passport pages copied, real passport to view and keep for two weeks, TM 87 form, copy of Bank book and she needed to view the real bank book, letter from Bank verifying my updated Bank book, one photo, a copy of my condo lease and a copy of my TM30 my landlord filed when I moved in. 

in two weeks you go back to CW to get your passport with the non O visa. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

You also stated....

She just needed 

Passport pages copied, real passport to view and keep for two weeks

CW held onto your passport for two weeks? 

Nup. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

At CW I just got a non o visa from a visa exempt entry . I did not need a bank statement. Just a letter from the bank. I also did not have to prove the 800 k came from overseas.  

I had 800 k in my fixed bank account since September 2022 in Bangkok Bank. At the C counter the immigration lady was polite and courteous. 

she just needed 

passport pages copied, real passport to view and keep for two weeks, TM 87 form, copy of Bank book and she needed to view the real bank book, letter from Bank verifying my updated Bank book, one photo, a copy of my condo lease and a copy of my TM30 my landlord filed when I moved in. 

Never have left my passport at CW thru the process.  Arrived in the am, went to the desk with all needed paperwork and the extension of stay application, the IO reviewed it all, had me sit back outside the cubicle and awhile later I was called back in, signed some extra pages and then was given my passport back with the new extension inside. Never have I left my passport....something with your post is off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allane said:

I am the OP. The more people who reply, the muddier the waters become.  Can anyone provide a link stating the exact requirements for a Non-O visa ? And for the O-A visa too ? I've searched the Immigration site attached to the Pinned topic here, but couldn't find an answer to my questions.

This is the official requirements list to apply for a 90 days Non O "retirement" visa in Immigration Office in Thailand 

IMG_20220707_140141.jpg

4 hours ago, The Theory said:

I'm yet to read one report of anyone who uses an agency without funds in the bank, being "caught" by Immigration ???

Imo, those that acquire visas or extensions by these means are NOT being targeted by Immigration - As much as some on here would like to believe.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You stated the following...

"That requirement is in respect of extensions, rather than visas" 

Referring to funds need to come from abroad.

That's incorrect. Simple. 

You should comment on what was said, not what you think was said.

The OP made a generalised comment and received generalised response.

The simple fact is you are incorrect, won't be holding my breath on an apology.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:

OP can you access your closed account on BKK app? You could try getting 12 month 

statement emailed to you. Go to or call BKK Headquarters and hopefully get someone 

to help. 

- I don't have a smartphone, so don't see how getting one now would help.

-As stated in my OP, I was in Bangkok Bank (last Thu.) They say they can't print a statement for a closed account.

Edited by allane
x
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

she just needed 

visa exempt entry only requires the 800,000 in the bank on the day of application, extensions of existing visas have different rules

1 hour ago, PETERHOF said:

This is the official requirements list to apply for a 90 days Non O "retirement" visa in Immigration Office in Thailand 

IMG_20220707_140141.jpg

yes, but he needs to leave the country to cancel his existing visa and providing that he doesn't have a re entry permit would come back in visa exempt and than apply for the non O

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

For monthly incomes?

If I were using it, yes, they would.

I use to 800K method

For anything, they will accept only bank book. Which must also show an entry on the day of extension.

A bank statement showing all transactions and balance on date of extension is not accepted. Frankly I do not think my IO knows how to read a bank statement and she has it fixed in her head that  a bank book, and only a bank book, must be used.

I would actually like to switch to the monthly method, I am getting my US Social Security directly deposited to my Thai bank account  and it is sufficient amount, but would be a nightmare as I have a lot of transactions and more than 10 transactions, they lump everything together with code "ACM" (accumulated)so unless I were to update the bank book virtually weekly it would not show the deposits... and the bank is a 60 km round trip. Bank statement would, of course, show it, but my IO won't accept that.

A number of other unique "peculiarities" at my OI. Including bribe required to file 90 day report (and will nto accept mail in or online).

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I would actually like to switch to the monthly method, I am getting my US Social Security directly deposited to my Thai bank account  and it is sufficient amount, but would be a nightmare as I have a lot of transactions and more than 10 transactions......

What is stopping you from opening a separate bank account.

They are basically free.

Maintain a dedicated bank account for your pension transfers and another account for your daily banking needs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

For anything, they will accept only bank book. Which must also show an entry on the day of extension.

My IO said not only I need to do same day deposit to my fixed account, but also need to get a 12 mon statement. When I told her that my account is fixed and it shows at least past 3 years with no transaction. She replied; your book could be fake.???? 

amazing Thailand. 

• Love It 1