Intoxicated Foreign Tourist Caught After Trying to Steal Jet-ski From Patong Beach

webfact

42 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

If he was drunk he may have not known much about what he was doing. Possibly riding the jet ski without paying rather than trying to steal it.

That's very possible and a good reminder that the accuracy in these stories tend to be questionable to say the least. 

9 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, a reference I discovered on Google:-

"We have traveled we know the world and have friends from other countries thus our minds are more open. Islam like many religions is outdated in many of its traditions. We don't really think god will punish us for having a beer or more with friends"

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Saudi-and-Qatari-people-drink-alcohol-in-western-countries

I shall not enter into any discussions about religious beliefs. My sole intention was to post the above reference. Thank you.

Or stealing the occasional jet ski..

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

If he was drunk he may have not known much about what he was doing. Possibly riding the jet ski without paying rather than trying to steal it.

I know of no country in the world that allows a "I was drunk" defense.  

I think it is as reasonable as the "I was angry", or the "He needed shooting!" excuse.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

I think it is as reasonable as the "I was angry", or the "He needed shooting!" excuse.

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

A reduced liability for there actions when intoxicated . 

15 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

"We have traveled we know the world and have friends from other countries thus our minds are more open. Islam like many religions is outdated in many of its traditions. We don't really think god will punish us for having a beer or more with friends"

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Saudi-and-Qatari-people-drink-alcohol-in-western-countries

I shall not enter into any discussions about religious beliefs. My sole intention was to post the above reference. Thank you.

You don't wish to discuss it, yet you cherry pick a very specific opinion, and not even one of the two highest rated ones. ????

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

It was all a misunderstanding, I was drunk, I don't recall anything, please let me go.

Hmm, ok, we understand, you pay us 20,000 baht to cover the Jet ski operator not to press charges, hospital costs and our admin costs, otherwise you go jail, "up to you".

We the local boys in brown thank you very much for your understanding.

Pfffft.  You have no idea of the amount of money these guys try to extort (just for alledged scratches).  Not a snow ball's hope in hell 20K will buy his way out of this.

4 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Pfffft.  You have no idea of the amount of money these guys try to extort (just for alledged scratches).  Not a snow ball's hope in hell 20K will buy his way out of this.

Yep and loss of income for the days it can't be used for a minor scratch. Will it be kept for evidence :shock1:

23 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Saudi Arabia. An alcoholics paradise if you know SID.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BangkokKnights said:

How do you steal a jetski without a car and trailer?

The article is pure lies.  He just tried to take it for a ride without paying first.  Given he was drunk could of been an honest mistake actually.  But jet ski mafia and their paid police jumped on it as an opportunity for some easy extortion.  The guy obviously was so in fear for his safety that he swam out to sea away from the jet ski thugs on the beach.  They fished him out of the sea and then beat him so he had to be carried away on an ambulance gurney.  Once he has recovered the paid police with commence the extortion negotiations.

Amazing how many members on this thread have condemned the Farang.  Amazing they would take sides with the jet ski mafia and their paid police.

Might have just been and issue of simple miscommunication.  Perhaps the guy asked if he could have a quick test drive before hiring......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Might have just been and issue of simple miscommunication.  Perhaps the guy asked if he could have a quick test drive before hiring......

Hang on - you start by giving an eye-witness account of the whole incident and then end up by taking guesses.

Were you there?

• Like 1