Paper visa vs E-visa from Ho Chi Minh

Does the Thai E-Visa sometimes take the full 3 to 10 business days for processing? My current flight from Ho Chi Minh is on March 8th; I'm booked at the consulate on March 6 for turning in the application and March 7 for pickup.

I could make a longer trip of this. The variable processing time makes booking the return flight a bit challenging if I wanted to keep things short.

13 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Does the Thai E-Visa sometimes take the full 3 to 10 business days for processing?

Did one few weeks ago.

Took exactly 3 business days.

Weekends don't count.

Apply on a (eg) Monday you should have it emailed to you Thurs.

BTW don't panic ....you can use one of the agent firms and they offer different levels of express service but it ain't cheap.

Here is link to one of many agents if you have issue

https://vietnam-online.org/index.php/prepare-your-travel-to-vietnam-2022-202/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAo-yfBhD_ARIsANr56g7MvHf4ofTLEHxAkrVtmPG9Negc0vFCvdPB-zfy75Q02ocPrkDOs2oaAjY7EALw_wcB

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did one few weeks ago.

Took exactly 3 business days.

Weekends don't count.

Apply on a (eg) Monday you should have it emailed to you Thurs.

BTW don't panic ....you can use one of the agent firms and they offer different levels of express service but it ain't cheap.

Here is link to one of many agents if you have issue

https://vietnam-online.org/index.php/prepare-your-travel-to-vietnam-2022-202/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAo-yfBhD_ARIsANr56g7MvHf4ofTLEHxAkrVtmPG9Negc0vFCvdPB-zfy75Q02ocPrkDOs2oaAjY7EALw_wcB

Thanks I did apply for the Vietnam E-Visa but I am asking about the Thai E-Visa. I have to wait until I'm out of country and in vietnam for that one (March 4). Monday is March 6 and 3 days would be march 9. But 10 working days is 13 and if they are all over the place with processing time I can not depend on leaving Vietnam back to thailand in a week

11 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Thanks I did apply for the Vietnam E-Visa but I am asking about the Thai E-Visa. I have to wait until I'm out of country and in vietnam for that one (March 4). Monday is March 6 and 3 days would be march 9. But 10 working days is 13 and if they are all over the place with processing time I can not depend on leaving Vietnam back to thailand in a week

In your other thread I asked if you had an appointment at Thai consulate HCMC.

You replied yes. 

Is your intention to obtain a eVisa for tourist visa for Thailand and use that to enter Thailand from Vietnam??.

Edited by DrJack54

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In your other thread I asked if you had an appointment at Thai consulate HCMC.

You replied yes. 

Is your intention to obtain a eVisa for tourist visa for Thailand and use that to enter Thailand from Vietnam??.

Yes that's correct. If it's less waiting at a consulate it might be worth it, I'd like to get with the times. The variable wait leans me towards not pursuing the eVisa though

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

Yes that's correct. If it's less waiting at a consulate it might be worth it, I'd like to get with the times. The variable wait leans me towards not pursuing the eVisa though

This question has come up previously.

One thread started by @spambot also wanted to obtain eVisa while in Vietnam to enter Thailand.

Also another thread here.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1265130-get-e-visa-when-out-of-the-uk/

Edited by DrJack54

13 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Thanks I did apply for the Vietnam E-Visa but I am asking about the Thai E-Visa.

Vietnam is not on the Thai E-visa platform, the only 2 in Asia are China and South Korea.

The countries using the E-visa platform are mainly US/European and applying to one of them from Vietnam would not be allowed for someone in Vietnam on a tourist visa.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sandyf said:

Vietnam is not on the Thai E-visa platform, the only 2 in Asia are China and South Korea.

The countries using the E-visa platform are mainly US/European and applying to one of them from Vietnam would not be allowed for someone in Vietnam on a tourist visa.

Now I'm concerned in the other direction. I applied for the Vietnam eVisa for tourism. I'm in Thailand and an American citizen. Will this be an issue? I entered my USA address on the Vietnam eVisa form

Edited by Hal65

33 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Now I'm concerned in the other direction. I applied for the Vietnam eVisa for tourism. I'm in Thailand and an American citizen. Will this be an issue? I entered my USA address on the Vietnam eVisa form

No problem. You can apply for a Vietnam eVisa from anywhere, not just your home country, and they want your permanent address on the form.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hal65 said:

No need to be concerned, the Vietnamese and Laos E-visas are intended for short term tourists.

When I did a Laos E-visa a few weeks back it would not accept my Thai address, I had to use a UK address. Possibly looking for permanent address consistent with passport.

The Thai E-visa is only available to people in certain countries and is a different arrangement altogether in that it covers different types of visa.