Wise formerly Transferwise

11 hours ago, Negita43 said:

I recently used Wise for the first time (via laptop) - not overly impressed

The initial transfer screen showed a process of 3 days (from memory) and was completely inaccurate but stayed like that until they suddenly said there was a delay - took them 3 or 4 days to release the money on the UK side (so sitting in their account earning them money at overnight lending rates). Trying to find out what's going on via chat/email not useful or helpful.

11 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

First time might have something to do with delay if money was not actually in Wise account - not sure of UK process but in USA the money is often not taken from source account for 2 or 3 days after transfer so money is sitting in source account - not Wise - they make transfer before they receive funds.

There was a short-lived issue relating to transfers routed through one of Wise's Thai partner banks (Bangkok Bank) being delayed the week before last as referred to in the 2 threads linked below. Maybe you were caught up in that, @Negita43? The delays experienced by some on that occasion appeared to be primarily caused by some thankfully isolated incidence of bungling incompetence and ineptitude at the Bangkok Bank end, over which Wise had no control, of course.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1286393-anybody-having-issue-with-wise-transfer-to-bangkok-bank-taking-longer-than-usual/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1286702-wise-again/

Things do now seem to be back to normal timing-wise, as I can confirm on the basis of personal experience having just initiated a fresh Wise transfer from my UK account.

Edited by OJAS

10 minutes ago, pontious said:

Wise has  turned all green color now  -are you the same?

Apparently.  Marketing/branding nonsense.

It’s bold and clean with shades of green. With international people, places, letters and symbols taking centre stage.

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2023 at 10:49 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Here's a sub-question for this thread dose anyone have a card for Wise up for renewal can you change your UK address to here and get a replacement card sent here ? ????

In a nutshell, NO.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pontious said:

Wise has  turned all green color now  -are you the same?

Changed sometime after 0800 today.  Notice on page:

Whoa, new look

Our fresh new look is inspired by you — the people who take on the world.

Why the change? Get the full story

18 hours ago, OJAS said:

There was a short-lived issue relating to transfers routed through one of Wise's Thai partner banks (Bangkok Bank) being delayed the week before last as referred to in the 2 threads linked below.

People are hung up on transfers to Thailand but Wise is an international company.

I have been using Wise for a couple of years now and make regular payments to companies in the EU and Canada. Europe has always been almost instant but Canada very unpredictable, from a few minutes to a few days. Last payment to Canada in Dec was only about $50 and just on 5 days.

Generally speaking the service is excellent. 

14 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Changed sometime after 0800 today.  Notice on page:

Just some catchup on the website, colour been there for a while.

I got my card early 2021 and it is green, when they changed from  mastercard.

Bit strange when I first saw it, no card No and only name & CVC on the back. Been viewed with suspicion a few times.

On 3/1/2023 at 9:09 AM, sandyf said:

Bit strange when I first saw it, no card No and only name & CVC on the back. Been viewed with suspicion a few times

Just started using a mainstream UK bankcard with the same features.  I wonder if they're all going that way?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treetops said:
On 3/1/2023 at 4:09 PM, sandyf said:

Bit strange when I first saw it, no card No and only name & CVC on the back. Been viewed with suspicion a few times

Just started using a mainstream UK bankcard with the same features.  I wonder if they're all going that way?

My UK Visa debit & credit cards are the same.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

My UK Visa debit & credit cards are the same.

Yes, I got a new credit card in Oct and that is similar but unlike Wise has the card number on the back.

My debit card which I got sometime after the Wise card was still the old embossed format, change is in the air.

Only come across one problem with the Wise card and that was in Wetherspoons. Their app wanted to scan the card and to do so needs to see the card number, real money saved the day.