"Nong Tor" latest: Mother "Nim" bailed for 9,000 baht after she admits throwing her son in river

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

It has been a case that has been the talk of Thailand for several weeks - the disappearance of eight month old infant Nong Tor from the house of young parent and step father in Bang Luang, Nakhon Pathom in the central region.

Pol Lt-Gen Surachat Hakpan, Big Joke, got involved and always claimed that the mother, a teen called Nim, was lying, reported Siam Rath.

He has been proved right after she admitted throwing her her child in the river 100 meters from her house.

She has admitted to what is believed to be an accident of some kind while bathing the child in which the infant suffered a seizure after being dropped.

Siam Rath reported yesterday that Nim had undergone a six hour police grilling in the presence of social services in which she finally admitted what happened.

She was taken to the Youth and Family Court where she was charged with three offences namely negligence in the death of another person, conspiracy to move or damage a corpse to hide evidence and filing a false report.

She was bailed in the sum of 9,000 baht subject to reporting to the court.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-02-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3

First time my gf and I saw this story on TV, I said to her, that mother's lying about the man with the yellow shirt. Then I saw pictures of the child with bruises on his face and I knew, from observation over many years in the US, that child was being abused. I told my gf that boy was already gone, and it's sad I was thinking right. I'm thinking she didn't want that child all along, and got rid of him, instead of finding someone else, like thousands here do, to take care of him. If it's murder, it's a life term. 9000 baht bail? So she can disappear?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

First time my gf and I saw this story on TV, I said to her, that mother's lying about the man with the yellow shirt. Then I saw pictures of the child with bruises on his face and I knew, from observation over many years in the US, that child was being abused. I told my gf that boy was already gone, and it's sad I was thinking right. I'm thinking she didn't want that child all along, and got rid of him, instead of finding someone else, like thousands here do, to take care of him. If it's murder, it's a life term. 9000 baht bail? So she can disappear?

So she can disappear?

If she does the police only have to contact you Miss Marple. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He has been proved right after she admitted throwing her her child in the river 100 meters from her house.

She has admitted to what is believed to be an accident of some kind while bathing the child in which the infant suffered a seizure after being dropped.

She dropped her baby, it had a seizure, and she dumped the child in a canal.

Was the child dead when disposed of?  Or still jerking and flailing from the effects of the head trauma?

Whatever.  Bail it is.

On 2/28/2023 at 1:38 PM, fredwiggy said:

Good to see you've solved the case, did you offer your services?