Darkside Pattaya Getting Dark Again

NokYai611

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

...and the Bright Side is nothing but road works. Travel in darkness on one side, or sit in endless traffic jams on the other.

Yep. I cross the big road to the big lights less frequently as every month goes by. Add a couple more nice restaurants on this side and the crossings would reduce even more.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. I cross the big road to the big lights less frequently as every month goes by. Add a couple more nice restaurants on this side and the crossings would reduce even more.

The dark side interstellar black hole.

Well …..good to know so many neighbors seem to appreciate the darkness of the “Darkside”.  

The other “dark” implication (besides safety) of these failing (relatively) new street lights is the possible/likely corruption associated with purchasing/installing lights which quickly go belly up.

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You sound like your putting yourself out to pasture a little prematurely bj...live a little and cross the road and have some fun in funtown before the lid closes on your wooden box ☺️

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I think you have plenty choice over on the darkside... and easy to get to..... where I am North of town we lost a lot of eating places due to Covid, and a couple more never recovered and faded away soon after. Mostly just little noodle outlets left.  Getting across Hwy 36 can be difficult and risky early evenings!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, petermik said:

You sound like your putting yourself out to pasture a little prematurely bj...live a little and cross the road and have some fun in funtown before the lid closes on your wooden box ☺️

Nah mate. During the week I have to get up to take the daughter to school, so no late one's then but do wonder over some weekend's. However, when any mates come over It's a different story. Got a couple coming over in 2 weeks, so i'll be suffering then. Was across there last month and Ricky Hatton was in a bar, he saw my Man City phone cover and said "nice one blue" so I had a piccie with him. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think you have plenty choice over on the darkside... and easy to get to..... where I am North of town we lost a lot of eating places due to Covid, and a couple more never recovered and faded away soon after. Mostly just little noodle outlets left.  Getting across Hwy 36 can be difficult and risky early evenings!

There are some fairly good eateries over here and I try to support those but sometimes the need for variety takes me over the road. Never go across on a motorbike though. 

I guess it depends where on the Darkside you are at.  My partner and I are next to Lake Mabprachan near the motorway and new street lights were recently installed on a stretch of Road 3240 where we are.  We noticed today that they were just turned on--so our neck of the woods is getting a little brighter.

20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

There are some fairly good eateries over here and I try to support those but sometimes the need for variety takes me over the road. Never go across on a motorbike though. 

I was never one for riding out on the M/C at night but would go to places within a Km or two with her on the back... more recently, I feel less confident at night and traffic seems worse, so I decided we are safer in the truck. Struggle to park at so many places. 

17 hours ago, newnative said:

I guess it depends where on the Darkside you are at.  My partner and I are next to Lake Mabprachan near the motorway and new street lights were recently installed on a stretch of Road 3240 where we are.  We noticed today that they were just turned on--so our neck of the woods is getting a little brighter.

I like it dim. Much more handsome with the lights on low ????