Is there any nearby embassy where one can get a Non-O retirement visa

Is there any nearby embassy where one can get a Non-O retirement visa showing 800k baht equivalent dollar in a US bank?

Also is somebody successful getting a Non-O (retirement visa) from the US Thai embassy or consulate? 

This is for retirement visa question not Non-O for visiting family.

I know one can get one inside Thailand.

above is 100% wrong:
Phnom Penh will do it for you<

1. Financial evidence of at least 800,000 Thai Baht or 65,000 Thai Baht per month in income or retirement funds (or equivalent in any currency)

https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-visa-retirement?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

Laos need it in a thai bank

• Like 2

You write that 'you know that you can apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa in Thailand' which has to be done at the provincial Imm Office where you plan to reside. 

Taking that route is actually the EASIEST way to do it.  You simply have to enter Thailand Visa Exempt (i.e. without a Visa) and Thai border immigration will provide you with a 45 day Permit to stay stamp in your passport.  And then it is simply a matter of applying at your local Imm Office for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.  You need to be +50 years of age and would need proof at date of application of +800.000 THB on a Thai Bank-Account with evidence that the funds originated from abroad.  And this has to be done when you still have at least 15 days left on the Permit to stay your received on entry. 

Success!

i once asked the thai embassy in Hong Kong if i could apply for the Non O there.  they didn't offer a Non O based on retirement.  i was visiting Hong Kong at the time and went to the thai embassy in person.  i'd obtained a tourist visa there previously.  this was about 7 yrs ago.  

in the US, i think the thai consulate in LA was issuing them for a short time.  but i think they stopped doing it.  maybe check their website for the current info.  they do offer the OA.

12 hours ago, zzzzz said:

above is 100% wrong:

1. Financial evidence of at least 800,000 Thai Baht or 65,000 Thai Baht per month in income or retirement funds (or equivalent in any currency)

https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-visa-retirement?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

Hahaha! Yes financial evidence in any currency, right. But it still have to be in a Thai Bank.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, zzzzz said:

above is 100% wrong:

Thank you. I will get one in phnom penh and then extend using the agent I used a few years ago for 15K. May be he increased his prices. Will try to find out when I am in Pattaya. 

1 minute ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

This is not a requirement

The person you quoted was typing about obtaining a Non O retirement inside Thailand.

The funds must be shown to have come from abroad so it is a requirement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faltu said:

Thank you. I will get one in phnom penh and then extend using the agent I used a few years ago for 15K. May be he increased his prices. Will try to find out when I am in Pattaya. 

imho 15k is too much. can get for 12.5k at Maneerat on Soi Post.

2 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

This is not a requirement

Providing evidence that the required funds (400K - marriage / 800K - retirement) originated from abroad IS a requirement when you apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa in Thailand at  the Imm Office of the province where you intend to reside. 

Obviously it is not required when you apply for the Non Imm O Visa at the Thai Embassy in your home-country, because then you simply have to provide evidence that you have the required funds on a bank-account.

Note that it can be required to show that the funds are on a THAI bank-account when applying for the Non Imm O Visa in a neighboring country.

Edited by Red Phoenix

3 minutes ago, Bigtimecharlie said:

Non O inside of Thailand or Non OA Retirement outside. 

The OP is asking about Non O obtained at nearby consulate.

Meaning outside of Thailand. 

Some have pointed out obtaining the non O retirement at immigration office in Thailand also an option.

Non O-A doesn't come into it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Providing evidence that the required funds (400K - marriage / 800K - retirement) originated from abroad IS a requirement when you apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa in Thailand at  the Imm Office of the province where you intend to reside. 

Obviously it is not required when you apply for the Non Imm O Visa at the Thai Embassy in your home-country, because then you simply have to provide evidence that you have the required funds on a bank-account.

Note that it can be required to show that the funds are on a THAI bank-account when applying for the Non Imm O Visa in a neighboring country.

QUESTION:

When applying for the 1-year extension of a 90-day Non Imm O Visa acquired outside Thailand, would Immigration then still check for evidence that the required funds originated from abroad? They don't do this when extending your 90-day Non Imm O Visa if you applied for the original Visa in Thailand (as they then checked already that the funds originated from abroad).

5 minutes ago, Bigtimecharlie said:

Non O inside of Thailand or Non OA Retirement outside. 

The OP is asking about Non O obtained at nearby consulate.

Meaning outside of Thailand. 

Some have pointed out obtaining the non O retirement at immigration office in Thailand also an option.

Non O-A doesn't come into it. 

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

When applying for the 1-year extension of a 90-day Non Imm O Visa acquired outside Thailand, would Immigration then still check for evidence that the required funds originated from abroad?

No.

Proof funds from abroad is only for non O retirement obtained in Thailand.

Not required for extensions 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Faltu said:

Yes, getting the 90-day Non Imm O Visa in Pnom Penh and once in Thailand applying for the extension using an agent is an option.

Be aware, that when not taking the Agent option, and applying in person for the 1-year extension, that you then would have to provide evidence of +800K on a Thai bank-account being seasoned for at least TWO months on the date of your application for the extension.

4 minutes ago, Bigtimecharlie said:

You are only able to obtain a Non OA from a Thai consulate/embassy, it is not possible to obtain Non O based on retirement. 

That is not correct info. Many embassies and consulates will issue them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Well, he is my trusted agent. Pick me up from my condo, drop me in my condo, 15 minutes in IO office, does my 90-day.  Is Maneerat still 12.5K and is a good one. How long are they going to keep my passport? Have you done with them this year? Do they do 90-day and pick up your passport from your condo? Please post more details may be I will switch. TIA.

Edited by Faltu

19 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yes, getting the 90-day Non Imm O Visa in Pnom Penh and once in Thailand applying for the extension using an agent is an option.

Be aware, that when not taking the Agent option, and applying in person for the 1-year extension, that you then would have to provide evidence of +800K on a Thai bank-account being seasoned for at least TWO months on the date of your application for the extension.

Thanks. I would prefer not to keep my money in Thailand for a meagre return and try to avoid all the hassle to deal with Thailand immigration office. 

Edited by Faltu
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Faltu said:

Is Maneerat still 12.5K and is a good one. How long are they going to keep my passport? Have you done with them this year? Do they do 90-day and pick up your passport from your condo?

As of six weeks ago ... Maneerat will return your passport in the afternoon of the third day after receiving your passport (i.e. you are without it for two nights). They will do 90-day reports on request. For the 12,500 baht price, they do not do pickup and return from your condo. I am not sure if that is an extra price option.

23 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

BUT you need be in Pattaya  ????
he charges for 90 day reports but after the 1st one you can do online
ALSO be aware you need a Bangkok Bank account

PP Thai embassy a Non O 90 day is $100  via an agent

Edited by zzzzz

2 hours ago, Faltu said:

Well, he is my trusted agent. Pick me up from my condo, drop me in my condo, 15 minutes in IO office, does my 90-day.  Is Maneerat still 12.5K and is a good one. How long are they going to keep my passport? Have you done with them this year? Do they do 90-day and pick up your passport from your condo? Please post more details may be I will switch. TIA.

what @BritTimsaid ????

thanks for letting us know what your agent does for that price, it's quite the VIP package.

On 3/2/2023 at 11:22 PM, BritTim said:

As of six weeks ago ... Maneerat will return your passport in the afternoon of the third day after receiving your passport (i.e. you are without it for two nights). They will do 90-day reports on request. For the 12,500 baht price, they do not do pickup and return from your condo. I am not sure if that is an extra price option.

Thanks he confirmed that price and additional 90-day report is 100 baht. The big thing for me now is he has an office and good reputation in Pattaya. I will get it done by him and try to do 90-day by myself unless Jomtien office is crowded. I did a few times and it was 30-min in/out. But that was during the Covid-19. Not sure the situation now. He also confirmed 25K for the whole package (including conversion to Non-O) for 15 months. When I reach Pattaya, I will make a visit to his office to make sure if he needs a TM30. Never did any Tm30 before. I have a lease for 10-years. Hope that will work for him. He wants a lease contract also and four copies of Pics and a bankbook.

Should I empty my bank book before giving it to him? It has approx. 150K now. 

On 3/2/2023 at 10:33 AM, Bigtimecharlie said:

You are only able to obtain a Non OA from a Thai consulate/embassy, it is not possible to obtain Non O based on retirement. 

wrong:
read my post above>non o available for being over 50!

why do so many posts wrong information over and over again, when the correct info is posted??