Trailers

still kicking

So why do Thais don't like trailers I guess they get away with overloading their pickups and nobody cares, trailers are common in the west might it be in the UK, US, Europe or Australia. But every truck has a trailer so what is wrong with having a trailer on your car? I did build trailers in LOS and yes, I sold a few I did not make any money on it because everybody wanted different sizes. But that was a few years ago of course I went bankrupt. But I still have many customers after many years telling me that was the best thing they ever bought; well, I must admit most of them where farangs. But I still don't get it.

I think a trailer that is going to be used on the roads has to be registered with the DLT.  More pointless red tape.

That and the fact that you cannot buy even fairly basic trailer components here, such as a ball hitch, must have something to do with it.

It also perplexes me that there are no vans here.  By that I mean something like the Ford Transit or Benz Sprinter.  Sure you can buy a pickup and then put some kind of locally produced box on the back but that does not really match the particular qualities of a van.

1 hour ago, In the jungle said:

That and the fact that you cannot buy even fairly basic trailer components here, such as a ball hitch, must have something to do with it.

ball  hitches are commonly available.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

A lot of places you can't go with more than two axles. 

Lots of places where a trailer would be trapped in Thailand. Can you imagine the U-turns on the highways?

As stated, plenty of trailers on the road, but unless you have a boat, jetskis or haul scooters/bicycles with you, why would anyone need one, unless having a business.  Most needing to haul stuff, simply buy a pick up truck.

A few places do trailers, as I peeked for myself, and trailer hitches, as stated, are widely available.  Registration easy.  Cars aren't built to haul as much as in the past, I think.  As our MG was only rated for 500kg, I think, and that's classed as a SUV ????

Why do people comment when they have no knowledge or experience.

• Haha 1