I pay for something and the cashier hands the change back to my wife?

16 minutes ago, Cult of the Sun said:

It's because women universally see men as animals not worthy of their time if a female is around. The only thing a man is good for in their eyes is to be an owned slave, an ATM.. .  The manipulated man is a good read on the topic of how women view men .. 

I feel for you man, it is not easy to be an outcast! With little effort, you could change your life, but Im afraid it is to late. Good luck

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I feel for you man, it is not easy to be an outcast! With little effort, you could change your life, but Im aftaid it is to late. Good luck

Truth is painful to swallow I know.  Don't bother reading or listening to the book (free on y tube), just react defensively w/ your 'feelings'... lolz

On 2/28/2023 at 9:19 PM, Neeranam said:

Interested to know if Thai men have the same issue. Maybe it's not a racial thing.

it's not. It's a gender thing.. generally speaking.  I noticed in the US how women treat men vs how they treat women in the same environment. It's not at all the same.  It's really not any more subtle here either.  It's not the change from a meal, it's your entire life they give to any nearby woman if possible. lolz

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/2/2023 at 5:52 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

The problem is your attitude. Change that and you might live relaxed and peacefully and maybe Thais will give you the change. Otherwise think about that plane home. It will improve not only your life but also the lives of many Thais and non-Thai-hating foreigners in this beautiful country.

If only everyone was more like you. ..um.. someone who makes a lot of assumptions.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 3:31 AM, DrCosmix said:

Actually its they who  are working  as service staff with foreigners who need cultural sensitivity  awareness  and training  as part of  their job. Respecting cultural  values is a two way street. Historicaly some Thais have a mindset  that  learning  a foreign  language or respecting a foreign  culture is similar  to being invaded. There is a strong resistance to doing things the western  way. Ignorant obstinacy is part of the Thai  mind set and has help preserve their culture but also  held them  back. Its kept  them ignorant and angry.

I met a young lady at Chula University that was working to learn her 5th language, not counting Thai!  She spoke very good English.  She had less of a Thai accent when speaking English than my wife does, who has lived in the U.S. of A. since 1991!

Then there was the other young woman who spoke English with an accent from Arkansas.   No Thai accent at all!   She had never been outside of Thailand.  Her English instructor, working at Chula University was from Arkansas!

Edited by radiochaser

On 3/1/2023 at 8:21 AM, BritManToo said:

Pay using your bank app, no change required. 

Or why not have a budget f;r your wife, a monthly budget if you can afford it that is..._

Than you will have no problem, no need to be worrying....

On 3/13/2023 at 12:44 AM, Cult of the Sun said:

Truth is painful to swallow I know.  Don't bother reading or listening to the book (free on y tube), just react defensively w/ your 'feelings'... lolz

Only read the Wiki description, could be true for some people but then again not for others.

On 3/11/2023 at 3:31 PM, DrCosmix said:

Actually its they who  are working  as service staff with foreigners who need cultural sensitivity  awareness  and training  as part of  their job. 

So thy need to know the habits of all different nationalities who visit Thailand or only yours?

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Only read the Wiki description, could be true for some people but then again not for others.

There is always the odd tall Chinaman.. Yao Ming for example. But generally speaking, men are viewed as slaves by women.  The book is written by a woman, and she was threatened because of it.  If you have a female in the house, a peek at wiki is likely all you could get away with.. ????  They don't really want men listening to that book...  The better the income, the better the slave..  No income & must find a new slave.

8 hours ago, Cult of the Sun said:

There is always the odd tall Chinaman.. Yao Ming for example. But generally speaking, men are viewed as slaves by women.  The book is written by a woman, and she was threatened because of it.  If you have a female in the house, a peek at wiki is likely all you could get away with.. ????  They don't really want men listening to that book...  The better the income, the better the slave..  No income & must find a new slave.

Got 4 females in the house, do what i want and the wife has 3 businesses. No need to read the book.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 10:44 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooo a guy with 46 posts is giving me a lecture. 5555555555555

with only 45 posts he is far more likely to have a life than you are.

If we are going to gatekeep, however, to my recollection you aren't even here.

perhaps its time to stop living in the past.    

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 9:45 AM, HauptmannUK said:

I speak Thai pretty well and once they realise that, I find many are happy to chat.

And a few really don't want to understand you.

At [South American Jungle] Coffeeshop...

Me: Ao expesso yen wan noi krap

Worker: Ao Latte mai

Me: Mai chai Ao expesso yen wan noi krap

Worker: Ao Cappuccino mai

Me: Mai chai.  Khun put passa Thai dai mai 

Weirdly enough, I got severe diarrhea and joot joot'd 11 times after I drank that espresso yen and had to go to the emergency room and get antibiotics.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
Removed potential libel and typos

On 3/8/2023 at 11:37 AM, EVENKEEL said:

even the maid ahahahaa, how posh

What's posh about having a maid in a country where they're so inexpensive? I admit the terminology is a bit 'Upstairs Downstairs' - maybe a home help would sound better?