Govt Instructs Schools to Prioritize Student Health

snoop1130

a350edb735e2e855f8ca9448c0f25fe9_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government has instructed educational institutions to prioritize their students’ health, particularly by preventing food poisoning.

Government Spokesperson Anucha Burapachaisri said Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed concern over reports of food poisoning and diarrhea among students of all grade levels. This is becoming especially problematic amid increasingly hot weather conditions, which cause food to spoil faster.

In response, the prime minister has directed the Ministry of Education to ensure that educational institutions comply with food poisoning prevention and control measures for schools. They are also required to strictly follow personal hygiene advice from the Department of Disease Control (DDC).

Additionally, school catering service providers must only serve freshly cooked and clean food to help reduce the risk of food poisoning and diarrhea.

A recent report from the DDC indicated that from January 1st to February 15th, there were nearly 10,800 cases of food poisoning with no deaths in Thailand. The three most affected age groups - comprising 0 to 4 years olds, 15 to 24 years olds, and 25 to 34 years old - consumed contaminated food or water, including bacteria, viruses, parasites and toxins. Bacteria was found to be the most common cause of food poisoning, followed by viruses, while other causes were rare.

The DDC emphasized the importance of using food poisoning prevention and control measures that can be implemented at all levels of educational institutions. Those wishing to learn more can contact the DDC’s hotline at 1422.

Full Story: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230301141257166

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-03-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

If the chefs actually wore gloves when cooking 85% of the food poisoning could be averted. The chefs pick their noses and scratch their butts then proceed to dishing out that amazing Thai school food. I personally have first hand experience with this in Thai schools.

Another thing is the statistics related to food poisoning in schools is, in my opinion, not to be trusted. The number one excuse given by Thai kids when they want to cut class is the classic "stomachache" excuse. Point is unless you follow a kid to the toilet there is no way to say it ain't true.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

If the chefs actually wore gloves when cooking 85% of the food poisoning could be averted. The chefs pick their noses and scratch their butts then proceed to dishing out that amazing Thai school food. I personally have first hand experience with this in Thai schools.

Another thing is the statistics related to food poisoning in schools is, in my opinion, not to be trusted. The number one excuse given by Thai kids when they want to cut class is the classic "stomachache" excuse. Point is unless you follow a kid to the toilet there is no way to say it ain't true.

sorry but you clearly lack any understanding when it comes to food hygiene
plucking 85% out of thin air
rubber gloves solve nothing and can actually be the cause of problems

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, patman30 said:

sorry but you clearly lack any understanding when it comes to food hygiene
plucking 85% out of thin air
rubber gloves solve nothing and can actually be the cause of problems

So can boogers and feces on the hands and urine. What makes you an expert on food hygiene and statistics. You don't talk the talk nor do you walk the walk. So unless you can disprove what I said then keep your beez wax to urself.

In a nutshell, what do you know?

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government has instructed educational institutions to prioritize their students’ health, particularly by preventing food poisoning.

Or skimming from lunch menus?

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

So can boogers and feces on the hands and urine. What makes you an expert on food hygiene and statistics. You don't talk the talk nor do you walk the walk. So unless you can disprove what I said then keep your beez wax to urself.

In a nutshell, what do you know?

i run kitchens for over a decade and in multiple countries,
been on numerous hygiene and food safety courses
trained many people????

please do give me your professional kitchen experience

wearing rubber gloves prevents nothing
many times the gloves are dirtier than a bare hand would be
the difference is you can feel what is on your hands
rubber gloves act as a vehicle for cross contamination
i have literally seen people wearing rubber gloves take out the trash and then serve food
but it is ok they are wearing gloves????‍♂️

the best practice is to ensure staff are trained well, rubber gloves do not fix this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/2/2023 at 5:40 PM, Pouatchee said:

Are they?

who are "they" ?

rubber gloves do not fix poor training
rubber gloves are impractical and make things worse as described above

Campylobacter, salmonella, lysteria come from poor food handling
mainly lack of refrigeration especially at critical points, this is why we have HACCP

85% of food poisoning would NOT be fixed by rubber gloves, as you claim.

Edited by Rimmer
Flame removed
  • Confused 1

On 3/1/2023 at 5:16 PM, snoop1130 said:

0 to 4 years olds, 15 to 24 years olds, and 25 to 34 years old

So 5 to 14 year olds are immune, and between 24 & 25 you go into a different group. 555

On 3/2/2023 at 5:40 PM, Pouatchee said:

Are they?

On 3/4/2023 at 10:05 AM, patman30 said:

who are "they" ?

rubber gloves do not fix poor training
rubber gloves are impractical and make things worse as described above

Campylobacter, salmonella, lysteria come from poor food handling
mainly lack of refrigeration especially at critical points, this is why we have HACCP

85% of food poisoning would NOT be fixed by rubber gloves, as you claim.

Either your Ebglish is poor or you simply don't get the point. PRONOUN REFERRAL 101

Here.. they refers to the staff. 

Got it?

18 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Either your Ebglish is poor or you simply don't get the point. PRONOUN REFERRAL 101

Here.. they refers to the staff. 

Got it?

staff of where?
everyone are individual last i checked
or are you trying to paint every Thai kitchen staff in the country with the same brush?
my Ebglish is not too bad

my point still stands
and your point is still invalid.

Edited by patman30
  • Confused 1

On 3/2/2023 at 12:15 PM, Pouatchee said:

So if they pick their nose or scratch their butts but are wearing rubber gloves it will be OK? As someone else said, training and monitoring are what is needed. 

And I would stay away from commenting on statistics after that 85% remark ???? 

• Thanks 1