King Charles is 'evicting Harry and Meghan !

Social Media

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

The UK was founded in 1801. How could a state which didn't even exist prior to that have a royal lineage dating back earlier? 

Repeat after me:

On 1 January 1801, the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Ireland merged, which resulted in the creation of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, which became the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on the secession of southern Ireland in the 1920s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_monarchs

Ooooooh, you were being funny.....????

King George lll was King before and after the involvement of Ireland joining Great Britain to form the United Kingdom....

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

Ooooooh, you were being funny.....????

King George lll was King before and after the involvement of Ireland joining Great Britain to form the United Kingdom....

I wasn't being funny, I was being accurate. The UK has had 11 monarchs. That is not even one dozen, let alone 'dozens'.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If you travel temporarily are you then a non resident? Meghan is American, they have a legal right to reside in both countries. 

Well now the dip stick Harry has told the World about all his different illegal drug taking, he is now in a position to be chucked out of the USA for not declaring it.

I would be very happy to see that happen...................:intheclub:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I wasn't being funny, I was being accurate. The UK has had 11 monarchs. That is not even one dozen, let alone 'dozens'.

That was again a case of the English confusing th UK with England. Which is exactly the problem with the UK.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That was again a case of the English confusing th UK with England. Which is exactly the problem with the UK.

England has had a Monchy for over 1000 years , we have just expanded recently and added some Northern regions and now call England the U.K for short 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

England has had a Monchy for over 1000 years , we have just expanded recently and added some Northern regions and now call England the U.K for short 

I think it was Scotland who "expanded" into England in 1603 when King James the VI of Scotland became King James I of England!

Both countries have had kings for over a thousand years!

Scotland since 843!

From WiKi;- The monarch of Scotland was the head of state of the Kingdom of Scotland. According to tradition, the first King of Scots was Kenneth I MacAlpin (Cináed mac Ailpín), who founded the state in 843

• Like 1