Here's All the People Who Have Said No To Performing at King Charles' Coronation

Scott

11 hours ago, Skallywag said:

As an American this makes no sense.  He became King in September.  A bit late for any ceremony now isn't it???   <deleted> he has the money to throw himself a party anytime he wants....5555

Interesting because as a Brit it makes no sense to me that the President of the USA is elected at the start of November but doesn't take Office until some 3.5 months later.  

[In the UK "Power" is handed over the next day].

Back on Topic, the delay between inheriting the crown & being coronated is a mourning period to show respect for the late queen. 

If you were to check the passing of another long serving monarch & compare it to when his son was coronated I think you'll find it was approx. 2.5 years. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Interesting because as a Brit it makes no sense to me that the President of the USA is elected at the start of November but doesn't take Office until some 3.5 months later.  

[In the UK "Power" is handed over the next day].

Well, the same day actually 

On 3/2/2023 at 6:13 PM, Skallywag said:

As an American this makes no sense.  He became King in September.  A bit late for any ceremony now isn't it???   <deleted> he has the money to throw himself a party anytime he wants....5555

It's not a "party" and the rules have been set for probably centuries. No individual could afford it and it's supposed to be a message to the world about the power the British hold.

That was probably true when his mother was crowned, but Britain isn't the power it was any longer- rather it's an ex power, IMO, and a big coronation might just make people realise how far Britain has fallen. IMO a bit pointless now, but it will be an opportunity for the nobs to show themselves off.

BTW, just realised that Britain might be the only country left that can throw a big coronation- still got the horse guards and the royal carriages etc to do it.

However, I doubt it'll be anywhere as big as his grandfather's coronation was- I saw a documentary about that, and it had dozens of crowned heads from around the world- all gone now.

I didn't realise that Charlie was Billy-No-Mates.

Assuming that there is free, unlimited booze and something to eat, I could pop along if he is looking for people to make up the numbers. Easy enough for me to jump on the tube. I don't mind getting an Uber back if the party goes on a bit.

Anyone who knows Charlie, please pass on this message to him. Thanks.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

However, I doubt it'll be anywhere as big as his grandfather's coronation was- I saw a documentary about that, and it had dozens of crowned heads from around the world- all gone now.

I hope these aren't cases of "off with their heads".

38 minutes ago, RayC said:

I didn't realise that Charlie was Billy-No-Mates.

Assuming that there is free, unlimited booze and something to eat, I could pop along if he is looking for people to make up the numbers. Easy enough for me to jump on the tube. I don't mind getting an Uber back if the party goes on a bit.

Anyone who knows Charlie, please pass on this message to him. Thanks.

Done. I forwarded the whole thing, so no ticket for you!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Done. I forwarded the whole thing, so no ticket for you!

You were meant to put in a good word for me, not kibosh the whole thing!????

Just can't get the staff nowadays!????

On 3/3/2023 at 2:43 AM, xtrnuno41 said:

Maybe Johnny Rotten & Sexpistols free? I believe they are all still alive.

Will give it some spunk.

Yes, he entered a song in this years Eurovision song contest representing Ireland , but it failed to qualify, so he is free 

Charles is a bit of a nerd.  Camilla looks like she needs a bag of oats and a bale of hay.   They simply lack the charisma that the Queen had.  She had such a positive, long history with her people.   She was enigmatic, charismatic and slightly mysterious.  

I think Charles will make a good King, but he's far from having the strong allegiance and loyalty that his mother garnered.   I am actually surprised he hasn't had better luck finding talent.  He seems like the kind of person who has better planning ability than to let this go for so long.

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2023 at 11:04 AM, RuamRudy said:

Leaving it too late, or are these celebrities more aware than the government is, of how terrible the optics are of such lavish celebrations at a time of national crisis, for a man who has done nothing constructive for the country his entire life?

"...how terrible the optics are of such lavish celebrations..."

Seems to me that the enormous multi layered/multi faceted/massive numbers of soldiers & queens guards/transport & vehicles etc., seen on TV for the QEII funeral possibly shocked many brits when they did just simple calculations of the enormous cost, most of it borne by the UK taxpayers.

And have now seen a sometimes gruff & impolite Charles.

Now keen to see the costs massively down graded for the coronation. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, just realised that Britain might be the only country left that can throw a big coronation- still got the horse guards and the royal carriages etc to do it.

I seem to remember that Thailand makes some effort to put on a show for the coronation. In fact the dress uniforms in Thailand are "inspired" by the British......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, there were no complaints about the cost of the funeral from the UK public

Really, you have spoken to every single person in the U.K. about the costs?

Because while I have refrained from commenting upon it as I work overseas and it wasn’t my taxes paying for it, I do know people in the U.K. who were not happy about the cost. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Credo said:

Charles is a bit of a nerd.  Camilla looks like she needs a bag of oats and a bale of hay.   They simply lack the charisma that the Queen had.  She had such a positive, long history with her people.   She was enigmatic, charismatic and slightly mysterious.  

I think Charles will make a good King, but he's far from having the strong allegiance and loyalty that his mother garnered.   I am actually surprised he hasn't had better luck finding talent.  He seems like the kind of person who has better planning ability than to let this go for so long.

How does an adulterer make a good king?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Really, you have spoken to every single person in the U.K. about the costs?

Because while I have refrained from commenting upon it as I work overseas and it wasn’t my taxes paying for it, I do know people in the U.K. who were not happy about the cost. 

Complaints from the tax payer? 

Why?

The Crown paid for it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Why?

The Crown paid for it.

Nonetheless I know people who were not happy about the cost. As I said, not me…not interested either way. 

Edited by Bluespunk

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Why?

The Crown paid for it.

You sure about that?

"Unlike ceremonial funerals, like the ones held for Princess Diana in 1997 and the Queen Mother in 2002, state funerals are funded by (as the name suggests) the state. Princess Di’s funeral cost the equivalent of around $11 million, or between £3 and £5 million pounds at the time. The Queen Mother’s cost around $9 million (£5.4 million), with the majority of that money spent on security."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/queen-elizabeths-state-funeral-cost-151922672.html

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You sure about that?

"Unlike ceremonial funerals, like the ones held for Princess Diana in 1997 and the Queen Mother in 2002, state funerals are funded by (as the name suggests) the state. Princess Di’s funeral cost the equivalent of around $11 million, or between £3 and £5 million pounds at the time. The Queen Mother’s cost around $9 million (£5.4 million), with the majority of that money spent on security."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/queen-elizabeths-state-funeral-cost-151922672.html

Yes, I sm sure.

The state "pays". However, the source of the funds is the Crown. 

24 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Yes, I sm sure.

The state "pays". However, the source of the funds is the Crown. 

False. As was noted because it's a State funeral, it's the State that pays You have any evidence that the Crown ultimately paid for her funeral, or her husband's funeral or her mother's funeral? Any?

The queen’s funeral will be paid for by British taxpayers.
The state will cover the huge price tag at a time when many in Britain are struggling to pay their bills and are bracing for a difficult winter.

The British government has not yet disclosed how much Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral on Monday will cost, saying only that it would provide details “in due course.”

But the price tag, which will involve elaborate processions, vigils and rituals, is expected to be significant and will be covered by the state.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/14/world/europe/queen-funeral-costs.html

Who pays for a state funeral?

State funerals are publicly funded. They fall under the responsibility of the Earl Marshall - currently Edward Fitzalan-Howard, the 18th Duke of Norfolk, who inherited the position in June 2002 - and the College of Arms.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2022/09/18/what-state-funeral-when-last-one-uk/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Patriarch of Jerusalem has made some Holy Oil made from olives from the Mount if Olives to be used at the ceremony 

"The holy oil, chrism, which will be used to anoint King Charles III during his coronation on 6 May has been consecrated at a ceremony in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem on Friday.

It was created using olives which had been harvested from groves on the Mount of Olives, a mountain ridge which runs from Jerusalem's Old City which has major religious symbolism for Christians and Jews.

The olives came from the Monastery of Mary Magdalene and the Monastery of the Ascension, and were pressed just outside Bethlehem before being perfumed with sesame, rose, jasmine, cinnamon, neroli, benzoin and amber as well as orange blossom."

https://news.sky.com/story/holy-oil-to-anoint-king-charles-iii-at-his-coronation-is-consecrated-in-jerusalem-12824834

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

False. As was noted because it's a State funeral, it's the State that pays You have any evidence that the Crown ultimately paid for her funeral, or her husband's funeral or her mother's funeral? Any?

The queen’s funeral will be paid for by British taxpayers.
The state will cover the huge price tag at a time when many in Britain are struggling to pay their bills and are bracing for a difficult winter.

The British government has not yet disclosed how much Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral on Monday will cost, saying only that it would provide details “in due course.”

But the price tag, which will involve elaborate processions, vigils and rituals, is expected to be significant and will be covered by the state.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/14/world/europe/queen-funeral-costs.html

Who pays for a state funeral?

State funerals are publicly funded. They fall under the responsibility of the Earl Marshall - currently Edward Fitzalan-Howard, the 18th Duke of Norfolk, who inherited the position in June 2002 - and the College of Arms.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2022/09/18/what-state-funeral-when-last-one-uk/

The Crown are net contributors to the UK economy. They pay their way. Sure, publications will show that the "state" pays. However, where does the state get the funds from? 

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Patriarch of Jerusalem has made some Holy Oil made from olives from the Mount if Olives to be used at the ceremony 

"The holy oil, chrism, which will be used to anoint King Charles III during his coronation on 6 May has been consecrated at a ceremony in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem on Friday.

It was created using olives which had been harvested from groves on the Mount of Olives, a mountain ridge which runs from Jerusalem's Old City which has major religious symbolism for Christians and Jews.

The olives came from the Monastery of Mary Magdalene and the Monastery of the Ascension, and were pressed just outside Bethlehem before being perfumed with sesame, rose, jasmine, cinnamon, neroli, benzoin and amber as well as orange blossom."

https://news.sky.com/story/holy-oil-to-anoint-king-charles-iii-at-his-coronation-is-consecrated-in-jerusalem-12824834

Is this really the sign of a mature and confident country, where a small coterie of ridiculously over indulged ingrates rely on such embarrassing juju nonsense to try to inspire awe and wonder in the minds of the drones who support them? 

There is no such thing as holy oil. In reality, it is nothing more than snake oil, produced for the fools who stare on in slack-jawed adulation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Is this really the sign of a mature and confident country, where a small coterie of ridiculously over indulged ingrates rely on such embarrassing juju nonsense to try to inspire awe and wonder in the minds of the drones who support them? 

There is no such thing as holy oil. In reality, it is nothing more than snake oil, produced for the fools who stare on in slack-jawed adulation.

I do agree , all those holier than thou people dressing up in costumes in Israel making some potion to legitimise proceedings 

7 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

The Crown are net contributors to the UK economy. They pay their way. Sure, publications will show that the "state" pays. However, where does the state get the funds from? 

Revision much? Here's your original claim:

image.png.2ca746835f488ef4339b7a02c8aaba8d.png