Here's All the People Who Have Said No To Performing at King Charles' Coronation

Scott

10 hours ago, bangon04 said:

I seem to remember that Thailand makes some effort to put on a show for the coronation. In fact the dress uniforms in Thailand are "inspired" by the British......

I was fortunate once to see the royal guard in their splendid pink uniforms. They may have been inspired by the British guards but they put their own interpretation on it when it came to colour.

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was fortunate once to see the royal guard in their splendid pink uniforms. They may have been inspired by the British guards but they put their own interpretation on it when it came to colour.

All colors of the rainbow are available in Thailand

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2023 at 11:32 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Probably he can have his stars - or at least the version 30 year after they were successful. 

But probably that is a good match for him. ???? 

les-spice-girls-enfin-reunies-au-complet

A stand out set of plastic puppies in that pic!

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 11:43 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Charles should retire to southern France and live out his last days in the sun. He and his wife are never going to be popular, IMO.

I finally agree with you on something, and IMO Charles is a silly old duffer who basically ruined the young Diana's life, and who has taken the old biddy Camilla in tow.

I still can not forget when he was addressing a crowd of dignitaries (don't ask me where because I have forgotten) and it may have been on his 60th birthday, when he referred to the Queen as "mummy", and you could hear the sniggering and titters amongst the listeners – – who, aged 60 years old, refers to his mother as "mummy"??

He has been cosseted and pampered all of his sheltered life and really doesn't know what life is like outside of that protective environment.

Obviously Incapable of dressing himself!

image.jpeg.a4383f2130093b8f8409b72e2c76a99b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, xylophone said:

............. it may have been on his 60th birthday, when he referred to the Queen as "mummy", and you could hear the sniggering and titters amongst the listeners – – who, aged 60 years old, refers to his mother as "mummy"??

Every titled person in the UK that went to private boys school.

It's a posh upper class sort of thing.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They started off the same colour red as the Brit royal guard.

But like all the clothes you buy in Thailand, faded a bit in the sun/wash.

The same happened to my red m/c grips, one is still red, the other pink.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

On 3/5/2023 at 11:45 PM, xylophone said:

I finally agree with you on something, and IMO Charles is a silly old duffer who basically ruined the young Diana's life, and who has taken the old biddy Camilla in tow.

I still can not forget when he was addressing a crowd of dignitaries (don't ask me where because I have forgotten) and it may have been on his 60th birthday, when he referred to the Queen as "mummy", and you could hear the sniggering and titters amongst the listeners – – who, aged 60 years old, refers to his mother as "mummy"??

He has been cosseted and pampered all of his sheltered life and really doesn't know what life is like outside of that protective environment.

Obviously Incapable of dressing himself!

image.jpeg.a4383f2130093b8f8409b72e2c76a99b.jpeg

I feel sorry for Charles, more than anything. Bound by tradition in a monarchy that wouldn't accept anything less than a virgin from a noble family to marry- he never said he loved her ( he even said he didn't know what love is ), but he had to marry someone and she was "it".

He loved Camilla since he met her, but let her go, which he knew was a mistake, but too late to stop her marrying someone else.

All his life he was waiting to assume the position, but his mother wouldn't abdicate when he was young enough.

I regret he's doing the same to William, and he's in the wrong IMO, but he obviously wanted it too much to do the right thing.

• Like 1