Which one is better? lazada or shopee?

topswijaya

The answer is not as simple as the question suggests...

Both have their own malls which are reliable. 

Both also act as a ‘middle-man’ for third party vendors. 

Thus, it ultimately comes down to how well they ‘vet’ their third party vendors and I don’t think either do much of that at all and they allow the ‘numbers game’... i.e. with the underlying root vendor placing the same item multiple times (through different ‘sub-vendors’) at a low prices with no availability or just delay delivery until they cancel, we get fed up and cancel and ‘go for the more expensive of the same product’.... 

Thus; Both could do far better at vetting their vendors, however, that becomes impossible with the wave after wave of Chinese vendors who are relentless.

From a simple navigation point of view - I prefer Lazada (thats down to personal preference). 

From a price point of view, the same products may be found slightly cheaper on Shopee but availability may be questions (thats just personal experience).

In reality, they are both as good or as poor as each other depending on what is ordered through the their own store or a sub-vendor etc... 

As such, I wouldn’t worry about it too much... 

Now... Can we have another CoD thread ????? ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2023 at 2:26 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Lazada is better, but always pay cash on delivery.

I only use Lazada because it accepts foreign credit cards, I never use cash on delivery. Never had a problem if returning things Lazada always refunds me before the seller approves as apparantely I am an approved customer or words to that effect.

• Confused 1

I was exclusively using Lazada but an item I wanted was only showing up on Shopee so I tried that. My issue with that latter is a delivery courier who doesn't seem to know my area and the item has been back and forth between two depots twice and still not here. It is not easy to deal with computer generated chat responses or forever busy call centers. But even with Lazada it depends a lot of the sellers' choice of courier. Some call and some don't and I even had one item thrown over the fence even though I was home.

44 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Depending what your are looking for. Some times Shopee has better offers than Lazada, and some times the variety of products are larger in Lazada. Use both – like I do – and remember to check seller's ratings and eventual user comments and ratings below the product...:thumbsup:

Finally a good and reasonable post in this long and silly Lazada Shopee debate..

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, PeterCouling said:

I was exclusively using Lazada but an item I wanted was only showing up on Shopee so I tried that. My issue with that latter is a delivery courier who doesn't seem to know my area and the item has been back and forth between two depots twice and still not here. It is not easy to deal with computer generated chat responses or forever busy call centers. But even with Lazada it depends a lot of the sellers' choice of courier. Some call and some don't and I even had one item thrown over the fence even though I was home.

If you use COD, they call 100% of the time...

• Thanks 1

I prefer Lazada mainly because they do COD. I had an issue with something I had to return….I got my money back, especially when I called them and told the woman I was a good customer, check all I buy. Money was in my bank account next day.

I found paying on Shopee a bit annoying etc. And Lazadas website is in English. Sometimes they cancel my order but don’t inform me….so I tell them off because I’ve been waiting. Otherwise they are great.

On 3/4/2023 at 2:08 PM, Tayida said:

Ordered five shirts, same size L: delivered as follow 

Size: S, M, M, S, XL. 

Still wait the right size or the money.

my experience with underwear is similar. 2 of 5 times the size was not correct, 1 time the color

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

I prefer Lazada mainly because they do COD. I had an issue with something I had to return….I got my money back, especially when I called them and told the woman I was a good customer, check all I buy. Money was in my bank account next day.

I found paying on Shopee a bit annoying etc. And Lazadas website is in English. Sometimes they cancel my order but don’t inform me….so I tell them off because I’ve been waiting. Otherwise they are great.

I  tried to buy 2 small items from Shopee.

However I could not register-so no actual order was placed by me.

Last week the items were delivered COD -just 99 Baht.

Strange!

17 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Defeats the point of shopping online for me, which is convenience, if I have to go to the ATM and withdraw cash (and make sure I have the exact amount). Or can you send by bank transfer these days when the courier arrives?

8 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Defeats the point of shopping online for me, which is convenience, if I have to go to the ATM and withdraw cash (and make sure I have the exact amount). Or can you send by bank transfer these days when the courier arrives?

First....Most of the time they have change to give you....Notice I said Most of the time.......You can also pay for a COD with a electronic payment.....But I always pay with cash....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2023 at 3:29 PM, PeterCouling said:

The solution for the problem of delivery is to give the phone number of your partner, she or he know exactly to explain the courier where your home is.

I've used Lazada for years.  I tried Shopee for a couple of items, but they don't have tracking and took about 1 week to deliver.  With Lazada, quite often I get next day delivery, can track when delivery is planned and always get a phone call to check I am at home.

On 3/3/2023 at 11:34 AM, The Fugitive said:

Shopee better on delivery. Rang me up at 9am on day of delivery confirming which of my two addresses (home or shop) I was at today.  

Is that every delivery, every time and 9am ???

Or are you using one delivery and projecting ???

The delivery has little do to with the actual online vendor... its has everything to do with the individual delivery company and how they ‘route’ their deliveries. 

Different vendors use different merchants, the only consistent maybe that ShopeeMall or LazMall use a specific vendor which may ore may not have advantages in some areas over others. 

On 5/3/2023 at 5:23 AM, Mark1066 said:
On 5/2/2023 at 11:48 AM, redwood1 said:

Then there is the additional facet that COD simply does not work if you aren’t there !!... 

For those who are moving around a lot and may not be in the COD option is quite the inconvenience, paying direct online is by far the better option for those who are not hanging around their house all day. 

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is that every delivery, every time and 9am ???

Or are you using one delivery and projecting ???

The delivery has little do to with the actual online vendor... its has everything to do with the individual delivery company and how they ‘route’ their deliveries. 

Different vendors use different merchants, the only consistent maybe that ShopeeMall or LazMall use a specific vendor which may ore may not have advantages in some areas over others. 

Merchants don't have an option to choose the logistics company, it is automatically selected by the system.

I have big problems for a year already with Lazada using Flash Express, and I have reported it to Lazada umpteen times and asked to remove them as an option from my profile, but they say it is impossible.

I have also asked several sellers not to use Flash, as I will by default reject the delivery, but they all say they can not select the logistics

Edited by BenStark

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Then there is the additional facet that COD simply does not work if you aren’t there !!... 

For those who are moving around a lot and may not be in the COD option is quite the inconvenience, paying direct online is by far the better option for those who are not hanging around their house all day. 

Folk who order COD know there will be someone home, COD deliveries phone to see if you are home, if you answer you are out, they will deliver the next day....

Really easy set up.......????

On 5/2/2023 at 2:35 PM, Mansell said:

So.. you pay COD... then have an issue and return the item and they refund the money back into your account...   So, not really any different than paying directly through lazada (with a card / account etc), except you have to be there for delivery and have to have cash ready (or pay electronically if that option is available at delivery). 

I too have had orders cancelled which is somewhat irritating, especially if the order is cancelled 7-10 days after making the initial order etc...  (which has happened with both stores)... 

The issue as I see it, is that some stores (actually a lot of them) in China re-list their items extremely cheaper on ’set-up’ stores to draw ‘foot-traffic’ from browsing shoppers... 

The item listed is so cheap its not profitable, so they delay and then refuse to send, perhaps hoping the shopper will then chose the same item again but from a more expensive store (which actually has the same owner).... 

To counter this I choose the ‘local’ option, but then I often see that the store itself quotes 2 week delivery times, so clearly the product is not local, they themselves are sourcing form outside of Thailand and simply forwarding the item !!... 

1 minute ago, transam said:

Folk who order COD know there will be someone home, COD deliveries phone to see if you are home, if you answer you are out, they will deliver the next day....

Really easy set up.......????

It's easier to just tell them to drop it with security at the gate or on the front porch !!!... 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's easier to just tell them to drop it with security at the gate or on the front porch !!!... 

And it goes missing, I eliminate that stuff with C.O.D....????

The desktop experience on both is garbage, they are both 100% app focussed (in line with the local market, I guess).

The search is not great on either. They push things they want to sell, rather than what you want. I assume this is by design.

Generally I prefer Lazada because it accepts foreign cards and I've found the overall experience to be slightly better. Shopee is often slightly cheaper for a given product, though.

I tried to request a refund on Shopee recently for an item I paid for via QR code and the seller subsequently changed the description, making it a different product to the one I ordered. The process to try and obtain a refund was horrendous and not worth the time. I ended up settling for a voucher rather than jump through their ridiculous ID verification hurdles. Won't be making that mistake again.

Hopefully a refund would be more straightforward if I paid on card but I don't know for sure. I seem to recall getting a refund from Lazada in the past and it wasn't as bad.

4 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Merchants don't have an option to choose the logistics company, it is automatically selected by the system.

I have big problems for a year already with Lazada using Flash Express, and I have reported it to Lazada umpteen times and asked to remove them as an option from my profile, but they say it is impossible.

I'm not so sure about that...   We get a lot of deliveries, shopee and Lazada, its with a range of different delivery companies. 

Each individual vendor may be forced to use a specific delivery (logics) company based on the area they are located. 

I know that for returns I am given a choice of vendors (usually 3 or 4) and suspect thats because in Bangkok there are number of options, but IF a shop is located in a somewhat remote area there may only be one delivery partner in the area. 

4 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I have also asked several sellers not to use Flash, as I will by default reject the delivery, but they all say they can not select the logistics

Are you implying that even when the ‘Flash’ delivery does work (delivery arrives) you reject it because its ‘Flash’ ???

2 minutes ago, transam said:
5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And it goes missing, I eliminate that stuff with C.O.D....????

Thats over thinking it...   Actually, this whole thread is over thinking it...   (the replies to this thread is most I’ve even thought about this !!).

We just use whatever works for us at the time and dont over think it.....   Shopee / Lazada both work ok... as with any business, when using them a lot there is going to be glitch here and there, nothing is perfect - certainly no pattern to chose which is better...  I personally find Laz easier to navigate. 

Use COD if thats a preference....  BUT, I unless the ‘household’ is very organised there is scope for the COD scam... i.e. Wife things I’ve ordered something COD or she thinks I have...   we’re not going to call each other every time we get a delivery.

We’ve never had an issue with either Shopee or Laz stating the item has been delivered and it hasn’t... 

Which is surprising as given the scope for scams in Thailand I’d expect a lot more items to go ‘missing’.

The delivery guy usually takes a photo of the item on our porch as proof, but thats not proof that he hasn’t then ‘walked away’ with the item (so it is a possibility). 

I guess its all about "not being owned by the things we own”... i.e. the whole purpose of home delivery is convenience.... and if its not a valuable item there is no need to be there, wait in, or if out arrange or request for re-delivery the next day... and if we are out the next day etc etc....      using COD would certainly add a layer of inconvenience for our household. 

Again... All of this (my comment and the thread) is far more ‘over-thinking it’ than anyone really need to give.... Its just an online delivery company, order what you need as you need and thats as much thought as it needs !!!...   

The only point not to over-think is to check the ‘vendor feedback’ when making an order. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you implying that even when the ‘Flash’ delivery does work (delivery arrives) you reject it because its ‘Flash’ ???

What I mean is that Flash NEVER delivers.

They are located 3 streets from my residence, but they never deliver. For the past at least 12 months I have to go pickup every item myself.

The scenario is like this.

I follow the tracking, and at one point it says out for delivery, the driver will attempt to deliver your parcel TODAY.

Of course nobody shows up, and at the end of the day there will be a notice, recipient rescheduled delivery, although nobody called.

They will send a text message with a short link to a tracking page, and on their tracking page there will be a call lasting 5 seconds.

Sometimes they call, like at 6am or 10.30pm, but let it ring only once, or if I'm fast enough to answer they just hang up without saying anything

The next day will be the same.

So in the end I will have to drive to the warehouse to go pick up the parcel, which has never been given to a driver.

Below are the pictures from my last "delivery" which was marked already 2 days as out for delivery by the driver.

For returns it is the same. If you select pickup, Flash is the only option, and they don't pick up.

I have a return that is marked for pickup since November 14

image.png.013e659f598693e7afbf94a5310ccf78.png

Now the real strange thing is that if a seller sends me something outside the lazada system, using Flash, the item will be on my doorstep 24 hours after it has been sent.

This has happened twice in the past 2 weeks, where an order was damaged, and the seller asked not to open a return request. He sent me a replacement, and it was delivered 24 hours after he had sent it.

Similar with another seller about 6 months ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, BenStark said:

[snipped]

Now the real strange thing is that if a seller sends me something outside the lazada system, using Flash, the item will be on my doorstep 24 hours after it has been sent.

This has happened twice in the past 2 weeks, where an order was damaged, and the seller asked not to open a return request. He sent me a replacement, and it was delivered 24 hours after he had sent it.

Wow.. thats extremely frustrating.. I can understand your annoyance and why you ask them not to deliver with this company. 

Its clear that logics company (flash) in your specific area is extremely poorly managed, I wonder if anyone else has similar poor experiences with this company. 

Your photos show utter disorganisation too !!! 

BUT... it doesn't explain why the ‘Lazada linked deliveries’ are not getting through but ‘private’ deliveries are - in fact nothing could explain that if it's happening weekly and not just one or two experiences. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

What I mean is that Flash NEVER delivers.

They are located 3 streets from my residence, but they never deliver. For the past at least 12 months I have to go pickup every item myself.

The scenario is like this.

I follow the tracking, and at one point it says out for delivery, the driver will attempt to deliver your parcel TODAY.

Of course nobody shows up, and at the end of the day there will be a notice, recipient rescheduled delivery, although nobody called.

They will send a text message with a short link to a tracking page, and on their tracking page there will be a call lasting 5 seconds.

Sometimes they call, like at 6am or 10.30pm, but let it ring only once, or if I'm fast enough to answer they just hang up without saying anything

The next day will be the same.

So in the end I will have to drive to the warehouse to go pick up the parcel, which has never been given to a driver.

Below are the pictures from my last "delivery" which was marked already 2 days as out for delivery by the driver.

For returns it is the same. If you select pickup, Flash is the only option, and they don't pick up.

I have a return that is marked for pickup since November 14

image.png.013e659f598693e7afbf94a5310ccf78.png

I had exactly the same problem several times with Kerry Express here in Central Pattaya. But I didn't have the chance to pick it up because it was always returned to the seller immediately. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats over thinking it...   Actually, this whole thread is over thinking it...   (the replies to this thread is most I’ve even thought about this !!).

We just use whatever works for us at the time and dont over think it.....   Shopee / Lazada both work ok... as with any business, when using them a lot there is going to be glitch here and there, nothing is perfect - certainly no pattern to chose which is better...  I personally find Laz easier to navigate. 

Use COD if thats a preference....  BUT, I unless the ‘household’ is very organised there is scope for the COD scam... i.e. Wife things I’ve ordered something COD or she thinks I have...   we’re not going to call each other every time we get a delivery.

We’ve never had an issue with either Shopee or Laz stating the item has been delivered and it hasn’t... 

Which is surprising as given the scope for scams in Thailand I’d expect a lot more items to go ‘missing’.

The delivery guy usually takes a photo of the item on our porch as proof, but thats not proof that he hasn’t then ‘walked away’ with the item (so it is a possibility). 

I guess its all about "not being owned by the things we own”... i.e. the whole purpose of home delivery is convenience.... and if its not a valuable item there is no need to be there, wait in, or if out arrange or request for re-delivery the next day... and if we are out the next day etc etc....      using COD would certainly add a layer of inconvenience for our household. 

Again... All of this (my comment and the thread) is far more ‘over-thinking it’ than anyone really need to give.... Its just an online delivery company, order what you need as you need and thats as much thought as it needs !!!...   

The only point not to over-think is to check the ‘vendor feedback’ when making an order. 

I don't overthink anything regarding Lazada & Shopee, I am here only  for the laugh on this incredibly serious subject...............????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't overthink anything regarding Lazada & Shopee, I am here only  for the laugh on this incredibly serious subject...............????

Unfortunately I have already....  now I have to overthink about whether or not I’m getting a laugh from this thread too !!! ????

• Haha 1