Getting internet on phone?

proton

16 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Does AIS sell voice only packages?  You might want to double check you package and see if have access to data?

My first package with True was a pay as you go with low limits on voice, data and text?  If you all want is to use a bank app a very low limit data plan might do ( I mean like 5GB a month?).  

We have a package deal with True. As well as internet and TV connection, I get a phone/data SIM for free on which I only have to pay for calls and SMS messages.

I rarely use it as a phone so my mobile data comes for free. Check with your provider O/P, they may have a similar package.

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

We have a package deal with True. As well as internet and TV connection, I get a phone/data SIM for free on which I only have to pay for calls and SMS messages.

I rarely use it as a phone so my mobile data comes for free. Check with your provider O/P, they may have a similar package.

My mrs has that with True, can only have one on it I believe.

2 hours ago, Muhendis said:

There are two ways to get internet on a mobile 'phone. One way is through your provider with data turned on which is available wherever you go.

The other way is using your wi-fi connection which is free but only available within range of a router.

Either way, I can't imagine who would want to use internet on a tiny mobile 'phone screen.

I use my two phones, an S21+ and an S22+, almost exclusively for online stuff. I only use my Intel NUC connected to the TV for watching serials and movies or when a website isn't optimized for mobiles.

the screens are not 'tiny' as you claim and I have almost zero issues using either phone as my daily driver. but unlike this mob here I feel the need for speed so refuse to use anything other than a 5G data connection when I'm not on the home WiFi (True fiber 500/500).

i am now on a yearly package 1250 baht/year
but before as mostly at home i would just buy one time packages as and when i needed them
for like 1-5 days depending on how much i needed
they have changed the packages now, mostly charging by speed instead of volume
but still great to use if not needing for video etc so can use the cheaper slower packages

6 hours ago, Muhendis said:

There are two ways to get internet on a mobile 'phone. One way is through your provider with data turned on which is available wherever you go.

The other way is using your wi-fi connection which is free but only available within range of a router.

Either way, I can't imagine who would want to use internet on a tiny mobile 'phone screen.

Unless you use your mobile-phone Internet connection as USB Hotspot, so that you have Internet on your laptop/PC.

21 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Not sure what happens now as I have an AIS recurring monthly account. But I used to get a 10 THB usage warning and then a 49 THB usage warning when I left the 'data' setting of my phone on. It used to be 49 THB was the max daily charge.

Before getting the monthly recurring account I always turned my phone's data setting 'off' because I was around free WiFi service areas. I decided to sign up for the monthly recurring account when I was doing a lot of traveling in remote areas.

Funny my recurring account name is MaoMao 239Baht 2 GB but the monthly charge is 255.73 Baht.

They added VAT...

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Unless you use your mobile-phone Internet connection as USB Hotspot, so that you have Internet on your laptop/PC.

I would be interested to know more.

Which is cheaper my ToT fibre connection @ 300 Bht/month or a mobile phone hotspot.

2 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Which is cheaper my ToT fibre connection @ 300 Bht/month or a mobile phone hotspot.

You are paying 3600 baht/year for your fiber connection and we assume you have home wi-fi running on the back of that.

My internet connectivity as follows:

3BB fiber home router with LAN and wi-fi (749 baht/month) = 8988 baht/year

Data SIM (in Wi-fi router with LAN in my shed) = 1480 baht/year

AIS SIM unlimited internet 2Mbps on phone (90 baht/month) = 1080 baht/year

DTAC SIM non-stop internet 500 Mb + free calls on phone (199 baht/month) = 2388 baht/year

The AIS phone data package is on top of a basic call/sms package but since most of my calls are via WhatsApp, Skype and LINE, I'm not too worried about it.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

You are paying 3600 baht/year for your fiber connection and we assume you have home wi-fi running on the back of that.

My internet connectivity as follows:

3BB fiber home router with LAN and wi-fi (749 baht/month) = 8988 baht/year

Data SIM (in Wi-fi router with LAN in my shed) = 1480 baht/year

AIS SIM unlimited internet 2Mbps on phone (90 baht/month) = 1080 baht/year

DTAC SIM non-stop internet 500 Mb + free calls on phone (199 baht/month) = 2388 baht/year

The AIS phone data package is on top of a basic call/sms package but since most of my calls are via WhatsApp, Skype and LINE, I'm not too worried about it.

Wow.

Such an amount of connectivity is awesome.

How do you find the time to be unconnected? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Muhendis said:

My 35 Mbps unlimited download dTac SIM which I bought on Lazada, did cost 1.500 THB for a full year.  People can call me on that SIM, but I do not have credit to make phone-calls myself (of course I can use WhatsApp or Skype on Messenger on the Internet which that SIM used as mobile hotspot provides me). 

5 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Just bought my TOT NT Thunder unlimited speed and data for 999 a year, what is 83.25 per month. No calls, just Internet and needs Band 40. On my tablet speeds up to 150 and on my CAT4 router 40 to 60. But one has to test at the location if it works. I had luck.

11 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

My 35 Mbps unlimited download dTac SIM which I bought on Lazada, did cost 1.500 THB for a full year.  People can call me on that SIM, but I do not have credit to make phone-calls myself (of course I can use WhatsApp or Skype on Messenger on the Internet which that SIM used as mobile hotspot provides me). 

Check your facts before posting. There is no such animal. It’s 15 Mbps or 30 Mbps. 

11 minutes ago, NextG said:

Check your facts before posting. There is no such animal. It’s 15 Mbps or 30 Mbps. 

You are correct. My mistake: it's a 30 Mbps unlimited download dTAC SIM-card. I bought it for approx 1.500 THB approx 8 months ago, but price for that card is now 1.640,- THB.

16 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Wow.

Such an amount of connectivity is awesome.

How do you find the time to be unconnected? 

You posted that you were "interested to know more" about internet cost differences.

I gave you an example.

Now you're wondering about how I spend my time?

My apologies if I mistook you for someone who was seriously interested.

55 minutes ago, treetops said:

Really?  You've never mentioned it.

You are kidding... I am extremely happy with it. But you have to test with your devices at your location. I think the cheapest unlimited speed + data Internet that is available. But there are enough other packages on the Internet if the Thunder SIM does not work.