VIDEO: Grumpy Old Men (in Thailand) with Tim and Steve

webfact

image.jpeg

Tim and Steve this week with the first edition of Grumpy Old Men (in Thailand). Discussing issues relating to getting older and living in Thailand. And not always seriously. Today talking about common traps for expats and 'newbie' retirees, the Thai Muang Turtle Festival, holidays versus living in Thailand, learning Thai language, renting bed partners... and just about everything else.

Link to Steve's YouTube channel....
 / @steverosse2146  

TIMESTAMPS
0:00 - Introduction to Grumpy Old Men
1:23 - Steve, Baz and Tim
2:19 - The Thai Muang Turtle Festival
6:42 - Some general thoughts on retirement in Thailand and learning Thai language
12:30 - Steve's hot tip for people coming to live in Thailand for the first time
16:40 - Tim's tip about living in Thailand for the long stay
20:20 - What's the symbol hanging on the wall?
22:16 - What's the story about the turtles on Turtle Beach?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they are doing these videos for a bit of fun good luck to them. If they are doing them in order to try and make a few bob, I doubt that all the luck in the world is going to help much.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RayC said:

If they are doing these videos for a bit of fun good luck to them. If they are doing them in order to try and make a few bob, I doubt that all the luck in the world is going to help much.

Aha, one of the grumpy ones has taken the bait ????????

• Love It 1

I don't know what to make of this.  This Steve Rosse character talks a mile a minute.  I agree that holding back six months to a year before investing is a good idea.  My Thai wife is two years older than me, and I'm 73.  That thing about not talking Thai at home is so true.  That, my bad hearing, and not learning more Thai language is also so true.  I think I'm sliding backward as I try to remember new words and most escape me.  Chuwit's "Ai sak" should never be spoken in public.