NETA V - Have any members got one?

grs90

17 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Hard to predict what value will be in 10 years

Currently last remaining brand new  Neta V1 are being sold for B369K

2nd hand Neta V1 are being traded on Neta facebook page for B280+K

That says a lot about the resale value in ten years, assuming NETA itself is still a going concern.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

That says a lot about the resale value in ten years, assuming NETA itself is still a going concern.

Being produced by a subsidiary of PTT, the state owned oil company...nuff said

So doubt if they be going anywhere anytime soon.  They'll also have a battery factory here, if not already.

16 hours ago, CallumWK said:

But then in another thread I read they can't even get them to honour the free charging they are offered

I think you are mistaken here. Lots of BYD owners are getting the free charging, myself included. I had one issue where I was charged but that was because of user error. Since then, I’ve had a few hundred kWh free, compliments of BYD.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I read in another of their threads that BYD now gives lifetime warranty, you sure can't beat that.

But then in another thread I read they can't even get them to honour the free charging they are offered

Apparently they are, since everyone is Q'ing up for it, before offer expires.   A few 'user errors',  wrong charger.

I'm too impatient to wait to charge.  Even when O&A, when we get to the <100 kms range left, the wife will look for next charging stations within 50 kms, and If full, we'll just continue to the next.

To me, makes not sense to Q up when there are so many CS.   Much faster to top back up to 90+%, or even 80-85% 2X, than wait for an open slot, or to top up to 100%.   That last 5% takes too long for me, unless I'm still eating or searching for a hotel.  We don't plan much, as change too often in route.

We're going stop anyway along the way, if on the road for 2-3+ hrs, so simply take the option that's are open and no waiting.

PTTs (EV Station Pluz) have everything 

MG has everything (free coffee, water, snacks)

PEA / BangChak has toilets / everything

Elexa may be at a coffee shop, market or PT station

Options abound

We really don't stop 'to charge', and simply charge while we are stopped when O&A.   Somehow that doesn't sink in with the anti EV'ers.  Charging adds very little, if any extra time to our journeys, except the actual plugging in/out 🙄

If y'all like driving 3-6-9-12hr at a stretch, good luck with that.  Feel sorry for you passengers, 'pass the bottle, have to P'.

I'm not in hurry, at least one of us (3) will need to P.   I need to stretch my legs, get a coffee and or snack.  At my age, sitting too long isn't good, so I try avoid DVT, same as if on a plane for hours.

As always, YMMV & UP2U :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Your positive experience is similar to mine. I don’t understand those surveys that claims x% of people who bought an EV will not buy another. All I can think of to explain it is that they made a poor decision based on their circumstances for eg, not being able to charge at home, the need to do frequent long distance journeys, maybe a non Chinese EV (lol).

Like you, I have solar and TOU. If you like saving money, power some of your appliances with the V2L that Neta has, between the hours of 5 - 10 pm. The price difference between peak and off peak is about 4 baht per kWh. This could save you Thb 1,000 per month depending on your power consumption. The savings add up quickly.

Thanks for the tip. I've just bought a V2L plug and haven't tried it out yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Selling old Mazda 2, looking for an cheap EV, and Neta V2 (or X) comes to mind.

Is there anyone complaining that when it is wet and raining, we have "fog" on the windows, and whatever we try with air-cond, it is not easy o get rid off... Apparently, people complaining on Thai websites...

Anyone ?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/6/2023 at 3:54 PM, Celsius said:

Chinese car. HARD PASS

+1

On 3/6/2023 at 3:31 PM, grs90 said:

I am tempted though to go full electric this time

Get a Japanese vehicle with a 12 volt battery and a fuel tank.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

It would be nice to elevate the discussion. 😉 Everyone has the right to buy/look/ask/love/hate or not EV ... we had this fights years ago for Gazoline vs Diesel ..

Actually, for a "cheap" EV , without taking too much risk (too much investment), I think Neta is number one but I am new to this. I saw also MG EV4 (new model) but this is off topic.
Neta V2 seams better that the  first one (just watched a road testing on Youtube) ...
Anyone got the Neta X ?
Also, what is a offpeak TOU meter ? Do we have to pay for it ? Can we install in any house ?
Thanks

• Like 1

17 hours ago, khunphil said:

It would be nice to elevate the discussion. 😉 Everyone has the right to buy/look/ask/love/hate or not EV ... we had this fights years ago for Gazoline vs Diesel ..

Actually, for a "cheap" EV , without taking too much risk (too much investment), I think Neta is number one but I am new to this. I saw also MG EV4 (new model) but this is off topic.
Neta V2 seams better that the  first one (just watched a road testing on Youtube) ...
Anyone got the Neta X ?
Also, what is a offpeak TOU meter ? Do we have to pay for it ? Can we install in any house ?
Thanks

I test drove the Neta (1st generation) but I was rather underwhelmed. Unfortunately for Neta CM, their showroom is on Mahidol Road which is rather rough and bumpy and the Neta’s suspension is known to be rather soft. Also the steering wheel cannot be adjusted and the infotainment system doesn’t support Android Auto or CarPlay. One very good feature however is the V2L (vehicle to load). However some owners are very happy with their vehicle. I settled on the BYD Dolphin but it’s significantly more expensive.

TOU stands for time of usage which means that there are on peak and off peak times whereby the unit price varies.

https://www.pea.co.th/Portals/0/demand_response/ElectricityReconsiderNov61.pdf?ver=2019-01-25-100804-110

Check with your local PEA/MEA regarding installation and costs. There are some reports that PEA has stopped installing 2nd meters due to usage abuse. Whether you need a 2nd meter or not also depends on your current main meter.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

So, how much, in a PTT station, will it cost me to fill Up my Neta V2. Real life example welcome. And this for... 350km me thinking... If anyone can give info... Selling old old ICE Mazda which loves gas so much! 

Edited by khunphil
Spell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, khunphil said:

So, how much, in a PTT station, will it cost me to fill Up my Neta V2. Real life example welcome.

And this for... 350km me thinking... If anyone can give info... Selling old old ICE Mazda which loves gas so much! 

i don't own a neta v, but i'll try to answer your question,

some neta v owner may correct my post:

the average consumption is about 12 kwh per 100 km, depending on driving style etc.

ptt charging station prices vary, 7-9 baht per kwh.

cost for 350 km driving:

3.50 x 12 x 8 = 336 baht (assuming 8 baht per kwh at a ptt station)

3.50 x 12 x 4 = 168 baht (assuming 4 baht per kwh for a home charger)

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

WTF is wrong with you, just asking a question !

I just find it strange people ask the easiest question to answer by one's self.  Type the same question in google than the forum ... done :coffee1:

Aside from the '?', seemed more like a statement to me.  If a genuine question and I read too much into it, well, you now have the answer.

I don't think either map is up to date, as I'm pretty sure I saw a NETA dealer at Hua HIn.

Edited by KhunLA

50 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I just find it strange people ask the easiest question to answer by one's self.  Type the same question in google than the forum ... done :coffee1:

Aside from the '?', seemed more like a statement to me.  If a genuine question and I read too much into it, well, you now have the answer.

I don't think either map is up to date, as I'm pretty sure I saw a NETA dealer at Hua HIn.

I did and those outside of BKK did not show at the time hence my remark

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, khunphil said:

Is it always written down on the charging station? 

Maybe, if not, it's in the apps.  Bangchak uses PEA charging cables, hence the off peak price.  Same at PEA charging cable locations.

Once looking at your apps, it will become common knowledge.  Approximately ฿2  isn't really worth seeking out as charging up from about 30%-95% for us, would be alll of ฿60 saved.   

If you can't charge at home, then yes, charging up at night or weekends would add up over the life of the vehicle.

1 hour ago, Sophon said:

When this topic was originally posted, the Neta V was the only really low price EV option. Recently, the Wuling Binguo an even lower priced alternative for a small city runabout was introduced in the Thai market:

image.png.145d67a23a24269c9218357b057a1c98.png

Cute car but really short range and maybe not fit for 4 people. Also I don't know Wulling that much but this could be another topic. Will try to visit them anyway. Thanks 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, khunphil said:

Cute car but really short range and maybe not fit for 4 people. Also I don't know Wulling that much but this could be another topic. Will try to visit them anyway. Thanks 

For ฿100k more, you get a much better spec'd car with the Neta V, along with warranty and network.

Wuling is part of SAIC, also parent company of MG.  Actually the Wuling is one of the top sellers in CN.   

The Wuling also gets badges as GM/Chevy.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1