Pain in middle of chest

RickG16

48 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

No other symptoms. Just a pain in my upper back / neck at about the same level

had similar symptoms, at times it felt like my heart would burst out, pain in front, neck and back .... it was shingles

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Just been check up. BP levels fine.

Doc also said heart lungs seem OK

Given me stomach medicine and something for the pain

to much booze 555

Sitting in hospital bed after double angioplasty . Go get a cardio stress test, either physical or drug stimulated.

Caught mine, normal BP, normal chemistry , pains in and around the upper chest during moderate exercise and sharp tiny pains occasionally while at  rest in bed or on couch.

Edited by degrub
Added clarification

Guess what, my chest hurts too! It is because of the high levels of SMOG.  I suggest relax and try some deep breathing, go somewhere else..

"

Any level above 50mcg is considered unsafe as long-term exposure is linked to chronic diseases, including lung and heart problems.

“The BMA is urging city residents who have difficulty breathing, eye inflammation, chest pain, or headaches after going outside to see a doctor.”

48 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Guess what, my chest hurts too! It is because of the high levels of SMOG.  I suggest relax and try some deep breathing, go somewhere else..

"

Any level above 50mcg is considered unsafe as long-term exposure is linked to chronic diseases, including lung and heart problems.

“The BMA is urging city residents who have difficulty breathing, eye inflammation, chest pain, or headaches after going outside to see a doctor.”

Thanks but i don't live in Bangkok

13 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Guess what, my chest hurts too! It is because of the high levels of SMOG

Same here.

The BMA's recommendation to see a doctor is funny. Will the doctor prescribe a holiday in the Swiss Alps (Bangkok AQI 200, Swiss mountains AQI 3) or on a Norwegian beach?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 9:30 PM, Northstar1 said:

Many doctors lawyers green berets, SAS members, etc on this forum.

why pay for a doctor with all the professional advice here?????????‍♂️
and it’s all free!

I mean it’s nothing serious, only his health!

How come I always get banned, (and spoken to like a child), when I post sarcastic comments.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2023 at 3:01 PM, RickG16 said:

1. No not up to the the throat. About level with the nipples.

2. It's more of an aching or burning

3. Not tried much yet but am trying some gaviscon now. Will report back

Age & last full check up ?

Might want to add 'cardiac' check up next time, sooner than later.  

I always explained it off as something else, until it wasn't.  Requiring a bit of intervention by cardiac surgeon.

A few simple tests for peace of mind, and a better, inexpensive options, if needed,  than putting it off to find out your diagnosis was a bit off.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Age & last full check up ?

Might want to add 'cardiac' check up next time, sooner than later.  

I always explained it off as something else, until it wasn't.  Requiring a bit of intervention by cardiac surgeon.

A few simple tests for peace of mind, and a better, inexpensive options, if needed,  than putting it off to find out your diagnosis was a bit off.

Was just stomach acid I think. Omeprazole sorted it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2023 at 2:42 PM, RickG16 said:

I play a lot of squash which can involve doing pretty intense movements and stretching into unnatural positions

Sounds to me like intercostal strain. I do some very vigorous sports and have strained the webbing between my ribs and even stressed my sternum befor, it can be painful as cracked ribs (done that too) 

Just now, RickG16 said:

No I'm not 

Smojer?

Drink much coffee?

I ask because lifestyle changes can help control GERD:

- minimize caffeine intake

- avoid lying down or bending over for 2 hours after eating

- eat smsmaller amounts at a time

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Smojer?

Drink much coffee?

I ask because lifestyle changes can help control GERD:

- minimize caffeine intake

- avoid lying down or bending over for 2 hours after eating

- eat smsmaller amounts at a time

I think it's probably spicy food and beer if anything

And yes I have a bad habit of eating dinner late then going to bed not long after 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think it's probably spicy food and beer if anything

And yes I have a bad habit of eating dinner late then going to bed not long after 

Yes likely that, when i had gastritis, i concluded it was mainly Thai food, probably msg in certain dishes i was eating. Instant coffee might have been a contributing factor

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes likely that, when i had gastritis, i concluded it was mainly Thai food, probably msg in certain dishes i was eating. Instant coffee might have been a contributing factor

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gastritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355807

get checked for H. Pylori infection. Well known for causing stomach ulcers and issues as mentioned in the article.

Edited by degrub

21 minutes ago, degrub said:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gastritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355807

get checked for H. Pylori infection. Well known for causing stomach ulcers and issues as mentioned in the article.

yes also over rated, people always suggest it, i tested for it, no have. Some people have it with zero symptoms