Which DLT to go for the driver’s license?

Naiyana

Hello,

my official address in Thailand is in Bangkok (I’m a PR holder / have a pink card) but I’m currently living in Koh Samui. I’d like to make my driver’s license. Which DLT I should go - in Bangkok or in Koh Samui? 

My name is under a Tabien Baan of my friend’s house in Bangkok so I can’t bring the original. I went to my embassy and got the certificate of residency with both addresses. I’d like to have my Thai ID number on my license. And I prefer doing the process in Koh Samui. I wonder if Samui would accept my pink card with Bangkok address… or probably the address doesn’t matter. 
Thank you.

Edited by Naiyana

This is an interesting thread and topic. Glad to see the various responses above from folks saying you can apply for a Thai DL in a different province from where you may be currently staying... for example, live in BKK but apply to a DLT office elsewhere.

For the folks above who did so, when you went to the other DLT office away from the province where you live, were you handing them a residence certificate for where you actually live in your home province...and not for somewhere in the province where the DLT office you were applying to was located?

Hi all, My registered address is the condo I own in Pattaya. That said I spend most of my time in my house in Bangkok. I'd much prefer to renew my drivers license at the local DLT office which is rarely crowded unlike Pattaya. So can I renew my next license near my main home or put up with the ferals in Pattaya. Thanks.